LEGEND Rate the Last Film You Saw

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
How can there be a sequel, since McCloud is the last ONE?
The sequels really retcon the plot of the first one. I think the 3rd film introduces interdimensional travel.
Hell, the ending suggested that he wasn't even immortal anymore.
I'm pretty sure that's the "prize".

Fun fact, the filmmakers didn't know Christopher Lambert barely spoke english until after casting him in the lead role.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wait until you see Highlander 2 which completely ruined Highlander 1 and is one of the sequels that is fighting for worst sequel of all time (and there is quite a competition for that title - Caddyshack 2, Cannonball Run, 2 Beastmaster 2 - just to name three off the top of my head).
That's a thread worthy topic right there
I'd add: The Crow 2, Speed 2 & Exorcist 2
And if we go past 2nd movies, the Godfather 3 may be the worst of all

Tano

Legend
How can there be a sequel, since McCloud is the last ONE? Hell, the ending suggested that he wasn't even immortal anymore.
They really changed the whole story line with that sequel lol

And then the third one - yikes

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
Killers Of The Flower Moon

I’ve just come home from seeing it and, to be honest, I was underwhelmed.

The plot was simplistic, the cinematography meh, and the acting insipid. De Niro just does that “mouth turned down” expression all the time nowadays; it might well be time to put him out to pasture. DiCaprio was the most wooden I have seen him since Titanic.

3/5

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Killers Of The Flower Moon

I’ve just come home from seeing it and, to be honest, I was underwhelmed.

The plot was simplistic, the cinematography meh, and the acting insipid. De Niro just does that “mouth turned down” expression all the time nowadays; it might well be time to put him out to pasture. DiCaprio was the most wooden I have seen him since Titanic.

3/5
I know exactly what you mean. De Niro and Pacino are way past movie worthy. They are just names to draw people in. It’s pathetic, and a little embarrassing. It’s not like they need the money. Time for them to hang it up.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
I know exactly what you mean. De Niro and Pacino are way past movie worthy. They are just names to draw people in. It’s pathetic, and a little embarrassing. It’s not like they need the money. Time for them to hang it up.
It’s the same as most things these days: just use big names to separate the public from their money.

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter
From what I’ve heard De Niro does need the money after a bad divorce. That’s why you see him in so many movies these days.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Expendables 4

lol out of 10

Megan Fox as an action hero? LOL

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
We always go to the Sunday Matinee on the bye week... and we saw the Holdovers... I rate it 8 on a scale of ten...

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I watched Columbiana on Netflix recently.

I'm giving it a 6.5 ... would have been a 5, but I add 1.5 points for Zoe Saldana, who, in golf parlance, makes the old putter swing.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Unpopular take Im sure but I thought Oppenheimer was awful.
Id give it a 2 out 5 for some of the scenery.
Normally I’d use a 10 point scale but I turned it off about halfway thru.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Just got around to Spider-Man Across the Spider Verse .. 8/10. Great animation and some funny scenes. Did not realise it would end in …

TOBECONTINUED

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
From what I’ve heard De Niro does need the money after a bad divorce. That’s why you see him in so many movies these days.

I’m not buying it. He’s worth 250 to 500 million depending on which source you read. The problem is that neither wants to give up their lavish lifestyles, or sell off assets.

The back taxes thing is disappointing.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Saw the Adam Sandler animated movie Leo. 8/10. Good family flick.

1701378897500.png

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
The Three Musketeers D'artagnan

10/10

this French movie , came out last Spring in Europe , never in theatres here in the states , but finally here on Digital

well , part one anyways , part two comes out next week in Europe , so I suppose I'll have to wait another 9 months to see part two

but, I already know how it ends , I've read the book and several different film versions

I looked it up once to see how many times this book has been adapted to film and TV , to many to count

I think The Three Musketeers is the third most adapted book , A Christmas Carol is the most I believe

this version of The Three Musketeers was well worth the wait , probably the best movie most of you will never watch ,

although it is just a part one that ends on a cliff hanger

is has a 97% rating on RottenTomatoes

I give The Three Musketeers : D'artagnan a 10/10

and now I wait for part two

The Three Musketeers : Milady

the greatest book ever written , and now perhaps , the greatest movie ever made

:love:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvWLpi5J-NI

musketeers.png

los-tres-mosqueteros-disney-plus-1.jpg

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Three Musketeers D'artagnan

10/10

this French movie , came out last Spring in Europe , never in theatres here in the states , but finally here on Digital

well , part one anyways , part two comes out next week in Europe , so I suppose I'll have to wait another 9 months to see part two

but, I already know how it ends , I've read the book and several different film versions

I looked it up once to see how many times this book has been adapted to film and TV , to many to count

I think The Three Musketeers is the third most adapted book , A Christmas Carol is the most I believe

this version of The Three Musketeers was well worth the wait , probably the best movie most of you will never watch ,

although it is just a part one that ends on a cliff hanger

is has a 97% rating on RottenTomatoes

I give The Three Musketeers : D'artagnan a 10/10

and now I wait for part two

the greatest book ever written , and now perhaps , the greatest movie ever made

:love:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvWLpi5J-NI

musketeers.png

los-tres-mosqueteros-disney-plus-1.jpg

I prefer The Count of Monte Cristo to The Three Musketeers, but I have never seen a film version worthy of the book. Probably because film makers have tried to cram it all into one 2 hour feature. Perhaps if a 2 or 3 part film were made it could be done well if it remained true to the book. Dumas was a great romance writer and his work deserves serious attention from film makers. It makes sense that the French would do it right. D'artagnan was an actual historical figure that died fighting the Dutch for Louis IVX, his life being romanticized by Dumas. Not sure about the others. Thank-you for bringing this to our attention.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I prefer The Count of Monte Cristo to The Three Musketeers, but I have never seen a film version worthy of the book. Probably because film makers have tried to cram it all into one 2 hour feature. Perhaps if a 2 or 3 part film were made it could be done well if it remained true to the book. Dumas was a great romance writer and his work deserves serious attention from film makers. It makes sense that the French would do it right. D'artagnan was an actual historical figure that died fighting the Dutch for Louis IVX, his life being romanticized by Dumas. Not sure about the others. Thank-you for bringing this to our attention.
Like the name implies , the film focuses mostly on D'artagnan , with the other three mostly in a supporting roll , Athos comes in second when it comes to screen time , although they did add some , or change some of Athos story , which ties into them changing the part where the Musketeers try to get to England to get the diamonds back , but it works

When ever they use the phrase , retelling or reimagining , I usually have little no faith in whats to come , that reimagining they did in that 2011 The Three Musketeers movie was horrible , I thought we'd never seen another Three Musketeers movie

this new movie tweeks a few things , but still remains faithful , characters like Rochefort are seldom seen , if you didn't google the cast , you might not even know he is in it

the 1973/1974 movies are still my favorite. what an amazing cast , I can't think of any other movie besides , It's A Mad , Mad , Mad , Mad World that even comes close to that cast , I saw those movies as a kid , and fell in love with the Musketeers, even as a kid I knew thats what I wanted to be , drinking , fighting , womanizing , now thats the life for me.......................lol

Part II

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEkkzLA8WzY

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The Baytown Outlaws

Don’t waste your time. It may be the dumbest movie I ever seen.

Eva Longpria and Billy Bob Thornton must have been desperate to agree to that movie. It has a surprisingly good cast( Travis Fimmel, Thomas Brodie-Sangster, Clayne Crawford, Michael Rappaport).

It also has the recently deceased Andre Braugher.

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just found Charlie Varrick on Netflix. I really enjoyed it back in the day. Walter Matthau, 1973 bank robbery flick.