LEGEND Rate the Last Film You Saw

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Out of the Furnace was just a revenge story basically. No big redeeming theme or story. The plot was very blah but it was carried by good actors. Christian Bale is great in almost everything he does and the others were very good as well.

That's the problem. They could have just made it a cheesy action revenge story and it would have been entertaining. But instead, they tried to make it deeper and smarter but failed to develop any of the themes they introduced(Bale's guilt over the accident, Affleck's struggles re-acclimating to civilian life, Saldana torn between two men she loves, the tension between Bale and Whitaker...etc.) so it just ended up being bland to me. If they had picked one or two and focused on developing them instead of just introducing more, it could have been a good movie.

Actors were good. The story was not. Seems we agree on that...I think.

fearsomefour

Legend
That's the problem. They could have just made it a cheesy action revenge story and it would have been entertaining. But instead, they tried to make it deeper and smarter but failed to develop any of the themes they introduced(Bale's guilt over the accident, Affleck's struggles re-acclimating to civilian life, Saldana torn between two men she loves, the tension between Bale and Whitaker...etc.) so it just ended up being bland to me. If they had picked one or two and focused on developing them instead of just introducing more, it could have been a good movie.

Actors were good. The story was not. Seems we agree on that...I think.

Yeah agreed. Individual performances were very good, but, something was just missing. I kept sitting there waiting for it to get really good, I wanted it to, it just never did.
I have a cousin who is a screenwriter and he has spoken to me several times about the frustration of writing something and then having the director take liberties with it and sort of mess it up. There are many ways to mess up a movie I suppose.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
American Hustle.

9/10. I'm not even sure why it doesn't get 10/10, other than the fact that I've never given a movie a 10/10. One of the few movies where I couldn't figure out how it was going to end until it actually ended. And the character development is awesome. You actually get to know all about all of the key players and you get invested in them too. Louis C.K. was pretty good in it as well, for how small a role he had.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
American Hustle.

9/10. I'm not even sure why it doesn't get 10/10, other than the fact that I've never given a movie a 10/10. One of the few movies where I couldn't figure out how it was going to end until it actually ended. And the character development is awesome. You actually get to know all about all of the key players and you get invested in them too. Louis C.K. was pretty good in it as well, for how small a role he had.
Paul, most important question i have here is...Jennifer Lawrence...How did she look? My god that chick is fine!

Name
JP
You and I must not have seen the same movie. It's nearly perfect in my book -- 9/10. Characterization, pacing; the plot is very simple, but then some of the best movies aren't complicated.

I saw it in IMAX, and it was simply amazing. It's a movie that even if there was no talking, it could have been good just because it is that visually pleasing. But, add in Clooney and Bullocks great performances, and yes, to me it's a canidate for movie of the year.

Name
JP
American Hustle.

I need to see this ASAP. I have heard nothing but very good things about this movie.

Name
JP
Wolf of Wall Street was pretty awesome. I'd give 8.5 out of 10. Kind of hard to believe that it was all a true story. None the less, Leo kills it in this roll as he usually does. Very good movie, and you hardly notice that it's 3 hours long.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Paul, most important question i have here is...Jennifer Lawrence...How did she look? My god that chick is fine!
She looked very good as always. A little different than normal, because she was in 70's clothes and hairdo, but she never disappoints.
Tremendous acting on her part too.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
It looks damn good. I tell ya what I wanna see is that new movie "Her"

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
About time

8/10

Really good movie about some average guy who can travel back in time. He doesn't do anything crazy, just does it to get a girlfriend. Was hesitant at first, but once i started watching, was really good. Watch it with your wives/gf's, they would probably like it as well. Not a chick flick, just a good movie.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
She looked very good as always. A little different than normal, because she was in 70's clothes and hairdo, but she never disappoints.
Tremendous acting on her part too.
I don't know if any of you saw her interview with Jon Stewart but it was hilarious. She is not only extremely hot to look at but pretty damn sharp as well.

We also saw Hunger Games a few weeks ago. Maybe not as good as I had hoped - probably due to all the raves I had heard - but still a very fun movie to watch.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Out of the Furnace

6/10

Really good acting and a lot it was actually quite good, but it could have been so much better. Not much really happens throughout the movie and they drag it out and they could have done so much more. Like i said, the acting was good from everyone(Casey Affleck, Willem Defoe, Christian Bale, etc). This movie could have really been great but oh well. Still a good watch.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Out of the Furnace

6/10

Really good acting and a lot it was actually quite good, but it could have been so much better. Not much really happens throughout the movie and they drag it out and they could have done so much more. Like i said, the acting was good from everyone(Casey Affleck, Willem Defoe, Christian Bale, etc). This movie could have really been great but oh well. Still a good watch.
I just watched that the other day too. It seemed like they all the components for a really good story, but then clumsily threw it together.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I just watched that the other day too. It seemed like they all the components for a really good story, but then clumsily threw it together.

It kind of seems like they had a week to make it and did it as fast as possible, agree they kind of just threw it together. Was trying to explain that but you found the words i couldnt lol. Just sucks, i kept waiting and waiting for more to happen or develop, and it never came. They really fkd up. Had the makings of such a good movie.

Name
JP
It kind of seems like they had a week to make it and did it as fast as possible, agree they kind of just threw it together. Was trying to explain that but you found the words i couldnt lol.

Movie was filmed 10 minutes from my house! Christian Bale signed a helmet and it is the beaver falls movie theatre, you can get your picture taken with it haha.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Movie was filmed 10 minutes from my house! Christian Bale signed a helmet and it is the beaver falls movie theatre, you can get your picture taken with it haha.

nice!!!!!! All i have is that "The Punisher" was filmed a half hour from where i lived most my life lol.

That really is cool, love stuff like that. That Mill still operational or did it close down for the chinese steal? :cheese:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Pretty cool. I guess I can claim "Bad Boys" with Will Smith. It was filmed in downtown Miami, and I was down there for some of that.

Name
JP
nice!!!!!! All i have is that "The Punisher" was filmed a half hour from where i lived most my life lol.

That really is cool, love stuff like that. That Mill still operational or did it close down for the chinese steal? :cheese:

The Dark Knight was filmed in Pittsburgh. It was pretty cool seeing the batmobile in pictures from around the city. Also they had to make their own snow since it was the middle of summer!

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Pretty cool. I guess I can claim "Bad Boys" with Will Smith. It was filmed in downtown Miami, and I was down there for some of that.

Bad Boys 1 or Bad Boys 2? I think i watched bad boys 1 about 10 times, and Bad Boys 2 about 100 times...literally....