Rams signing Jimmy G

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

baconandbread

Super Secret Starting DT
If there’s any silver lining. We were the only fans to ever have seen Donald on their team. I would hate seeing him in another uniform. He is definately on the Mount Rushmore of NFL defensive players.
"Did someone say Only Fans?" - Jimmy G

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
I threw up a little in my mouth when I read that we had signed him.

Takes industrial strength detergent to wash off that 49er stink.

0311rams

RomandeacondikersonwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Name
Madrid311
would be great to beat the niners with jimmy g. ha-ha. go rams.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I threw up a little in my mouth when I read that we had signed him.

Takes industrial strength detergent to wash off that 49er stink.

I took some consolation in that he wasn't signed as a starter. It's still Stafford. And he's probably better than most backups, although I was hoping the Rams keep Wentz.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Wentz did a great job against the Niners backups last year but he wasn’t exactly stellar passing the ball. He did a lot with his legs which isn’t the Rams offensive style and not exactly a recipe for longevity in the NFL. I suspect Garrappolo came in much cheaper and he knows the offense. Wentz will likely wait for another opportunity elsewhere because I don’t think he was too comfortable about being in LA.
If Wentz was such a good QB he'd be signed. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. How many backup QBs have been signed before him this season and last? How many starters this season and last?

I really encourage anyone who has a good opinion of him to watch some games of his last season in Indy. Still has an arm, can run a bit. Freelances too much and throws interceptions that aren't just interceptions but backbreaking ones. He can not be trusted to run an offense the way it's called and to make the appropriate reads.

We stole a game with him from some backups last year, that's all it was.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
I get he's just a backup but can't think of many other players that appear to NOT fit Rams culture more than Jimmy G.

I had a long rant typed out about my disdain for this signing and then deleted it. Still, I feel better for having typed it out.

He may be the best backup QB we've signed recently but I hope I never see him on the field in our uniform.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I get he's just a backup but can't think of many other players that appear to NOT fit Rams culture more than Jimmy G.

I had a long rant typed out about my disdain for this signing and then deleted it. Still, I feel better for having typed it out.

He may be the best backup QB we've signed recently but I hope I never see him on the field in our uniform.
How doesn’t he fit the Rams culture? From all accounts I’ve ever read, he is well liked by all of his teammates wherever he’s played.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Jimmy is healthy, I love it. He should pick up the offense quickly and if needed he could win a few games. He's about as good of a backup as they could get considering that he's won in this system.
Yeah, he's a good pick up...but I hate that you make us admit this! ~ Me and @Memento

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As backups go Jimmy G is good quality. He's been in big games. He's also choked in big games but he was playing for Shanahan who always chokes in big games. He's a guy who can come in if necessary even in the playoffs and give you a chance.

So all bullshit and harrassment of Jimmy aside (which is fun and entertaining) this is a solid move.

View: https://i.imgur.com/6vKnOd7.gif

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Jimmy's a glass animal though... wouldn't mind a 3rd QB (developmental guy) this year.
Hoping that is the guy we drafted last year. With vids of him working out, wonder if he intends to actually play football this year.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Hoping that is the guy we drafted last year. With vids of him working out, wonder if he intends to actually play football this year.
I think Bennett is gone. I never considered him a developmental type, he was exactly what he was and didn't have the skills to provide more over time. So his ceiling was always a backup. We have a backup now. I wouldn't mind a guy who has some plus physical skills that we can try to develop next year and have take over backup the following year.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
YgZ.gif
hubba hubba! ~ @CGI_Ram