Rams signing Jimmy G

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Cjcinec

Rookie
Name
Chris C.
Rams almost signed him a couple of years ago. Before Wentz I would have been fine, I guess, but now I just don’t feel good about this.
Wentz did a great job against the Niners backups last year but he wasn’t exactly stellar passing the ball. He did a lot with his legs which isn’t the Rams offensive style and not exactly a recipe for longevity in the NFL. I suspect Garrappolo came in much cheaper and he knows the offense. Wentz will likely wait for another opportunity elsewhere because I don’t think he was too comfortable about being in LA.

Ram65

Legend
Isn't it ironic?

Good move to finally get a legit backup QB even if it is Jimmy G. It's all about winning games.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Wentz did a great job against the Niners backups last year but he wasn’t exactly stellar passing the ball. He did a lot with his legs which isn’t the Rams offensive style and not exactly a recipe for longevity in the NFL. I suspect Garrappolo came in much cheaper and he knows the offense. Wentz will likely wait for another opportunity elsewhere because I don’t think he was too comfortable about being in LA.
You didn’t think Wentz’s two TD passed to Nacua & Tyler Johnson were not extraordinary? Plus his throw to Hopkins down the sideline & the two point conversion to Atwell were excellent too.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Nothing against some of the chicks he's been linked to, but now that he's with the Rams he should probably set his sights on some Hollywood wenches. Raise that bar Jimmy boy.
Right?

This is Tinsel Town, man.
Not the No Cal Trailer Park.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IDK I thought Wentz’s two TD passes to Puka & Tyler Johnson were extraordinary throws, plus the throw to Hopkins down the sideline on 3 & 15 was special, but I guess I have to trust the process.
I never said he didn't make some throws. But he also threw an Int and he threw the 2pt conversion to win the game. But the majority of his best plays were running the ball. Wentz had 17 runs that game, Stafford 21 on the season.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
As a pure passer, he is better than Wentz. Wentz brings an X factor though, and can do some crazy things with his legs, as well as play hero ball like a Stafford light. But he can also get you into trouble doing things like that.

I like this signing. But does that mean I have to stop posting this picture?

8-1ImqNb8HmFUhWt6.png

Cjcinec

Rookie
Name
Chris C.
You didn’t think Wentz’s two TD passed to Nacua & Tyler Johnson were not extraordinary? Plus his throw to Hopkins down the sideline & the two point conversion to Atwell were excellent too.
17-24 163 yards passing. 2 TD 1 INT. 17 carries 56 yards. Against the Niners backups. I love what Wentz did in the game but I don’t think that’s exactly what the Rams were looking for. 17 completions and 17 rushing attempts is not exactly running the Rams offense. You want your backup QB to be comfortable in your offense so you don’t have to make major changes should your starter is out. And I don’t believe Wentz wants to be a backup. He’s going to wait things out and if a starter is hurt in the NFL he would have an opportunity. Wentz would be a perfect backup for Josh Allen. Huge player who runs the ball frequently.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Is he even going to have a chance to play though and be an actual contributor? I guess McSneed are looking at this as the QB will get drafted possibly next season?

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Is he even going to have a chance to play though and be an actual contributor? I guess McSneed are looking at this as the QB will get drafted possibly next season?
The Rams most important player is a 36-year old QB who is as tough as they come, and will take brutal hits.

I would say there is a decent-to-good chance Stafford's back-up may have to play at some point.

If it's just a few games, and Garoppolo can help the Rams win a couple, that could be the difference between making the playoffs and not. Seems like an excellent signing to me.

All that being said, Aaron Donald retired ... The World Sucks.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
As backups go Jimmy G is good quality. He's been in big games. He's also choked in big games but he was playing for Shanahan who always chokes in big games. He's a guy who can come in if necessary even in the playoffs and give you a chance.

So all bullshit and harrassment of Jimmy aside (which is fun and entertaining) this is a solid move.

Last edited:

dang

Legend
All that being said, Aaron Donald retired ... The World Sucks.
If there’s any silver lining. We were the only fans to ever have seen Donald on their team. I would hate seeing him in another uniform. He is definately on the Mount Rushmore of NFL defensive players.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
If there’s any silver lining. We were the only fans to ever have seen Donald on their team. I would hate seeing him in another uniform. He is definately on the Mount Rushmore of NFL defensive players.
I hear you. Good observation, and very true statement. And it's part of the NFL. But this still really sucks.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
So much harsh criticism, insults and even hate directed at Garoppolo on this thread.

It's brutal but I get it. Devastatingly handsome men like Jimmy G and me simply have to endure the hate.

And you were doing so well UNTIL...

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Love this signing. The dude can play. He's proven he can win games, consistently, at the NFL level. And with a good team around him, take you pretty deep in the playoffs. He's not who you want as your starter ideally. But you'd be hard pressed to find a better backup IMO. I hate the 49ers but never had anything against Jimmy G personally. Welcome to L.A.! Bonus points if he has any 49er intel that can prove useful. He's a bit dated now though for that perhaps.

DeaconJones

Rookie
I always hated seeing Smilin' Jimmy G with a big grin on his face. Now I have to learn to love it, and it will mean good things ...