Rams signing Jimmy G

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
JG is vet that can play within the system. As a fill-in all he has to do is be a game manger and let the offense pound the defense with it's new massive interior OL. In that respect he is probably better than Wentz.

I would expect JG to be able to come in and seal a win and/or win some regular season games for an injured Stafford. What I can't see is JG carrying the team to a Super Bowl if Stafford gets hurt for the season.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I mean we had to adjust to Jeff Fisher being our Head Coach, I hated that dude when he was in Tennessee.
Then of course, we got to hate him all over again....
Hahaha. I have conflicted feelings over him. He pulled us out of being the league worst and got us to be really competitive against division rivals and top teams... but then we would just crap the bed against bad teams and middle of the pack teams. Oh, and that offense.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I like Jimmy G to be competitive in 2-3 games during the year but prob not more if we need more. And dear god, don't ask him to throw outside the numbers.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Been trying to find what the contract value is?

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
Exorcism efforts started now might clear JG by start of OTAs.

the exorcist exorcism GIF

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
At 32, Jimmy has plenty of QB left in the tank. For 2024, lets hope he’s the donut spare tire we don’t need… but if for a short ride, he’ll do just fine.

Good job, Rams.

TexasRam

Legend
Preseason will be so fun.

Rams fans will be waving Gstrings in a passionate and jaded fashion as they root on their new beloved backup.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
JG is vet that can play within the system. As a fill-in all he has to do is be a game manger and let the offense pound the defense with it's new massive interior OL. In that respect he is probably better than Wentz.

I would expect JG to be able to come in and seal a win and/or win some regular season games for an injured Stafford. What I can't see is JG carrying the team to a Super Bowl if Stafford gets hurt for the season.
Do what he did in the Niner-Ram game in '21 when OBJ made his debut.

They churned the ever-loving shit outta the clock cuz they ran all over us. He didn't have to do much of anything.

Memphis Ram

Legend

• The Rams have been a logical landing spot for Jets QB Zach Wilson. I’d say maybe even more so now with Jimmy Garoppolo signed in Los Angeles. Wilson could use a reset, and to sit for a year, so going somewhere he’d be third string, would afford him such much-needed time. I’ve also heard his old OC from the Jets, Rams OC Mike LaFleur, would be very open to a reunion.

WestCoastRam

Legend
That LaFleur part is pretty eye opening! Wilson as a backup is a no no but as developmental, I don't love it but I don't hate it.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
At 32, Jimmy has plenty of QB left in the tank. For 2024, lets hope he’s the donut spare tire we don’t need… but if for a short ride, he’ll do just fine.

Good job, Rams.

With the emergence of Kyren Williams and the Rams ability to be more physical in the run game, Jimmy G might be ok in a backup role and can probably win games as a backup unlike what we saw last season. I doubt that Jimmy can take the team on his shoulders to win games, but he's a good game manager and can throw well enough to win a lot of games with decent supporting players.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Hahaha. I have conflicted feelings over him. He pulled us out of being the league worst and got us to be really competitive against division rivals and top teams... but then we would just crap the bed against bad teams and middle of the pack teams. Oh, and that offense.
I knew Tennessee fans who shit all over the Fisher hire at the time. I defended it at the time b/c the franchise was such a mess.

Getting competitive was the next step and he was good at getting that from his teams over ,most of his career. That he couldn't turn the corner was baked into the cake. That's who he was.

Was no less frustrating but that's who he was.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

• The Rams have been a logical landing spot for Jets QB Zach Wilson. I’d say maybe even more so now with Jimmy Garoppolo signed in Los Angeles. Wilson could use a reset, and to sit for a year, so going somewhere he’d be third string, would afford him such much-needed time. I’ve also heard his old OC from the Jets, Rams OC Mike LaFleur, would be very open to a reunion.
If he’s cheap it can’t hurt to look

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Been trying to find what the contract value is?
Pretty sure it's league minimum because he's kinda on the ride Russell Wilson is on. He's getting paid by his old team. League vet mini is about $1M isn't it?