Rams signing Jimmy G

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
sexy g string GIF
Mesmerizing!

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Yeah, Wentz couldn’t get it done with his arm. Without his legs he doesn’t win that game. 138 yards passing against backups isn’t impressive. I’m sure McVay noted his late arrival and simplified the game plan too.

So many people were immediately saying he’d get a starting job this spring based on that one unimpressive performance. What can being a first round top ten QB can get you? An everlasting belief that there is still something there to be tapped into, if they are matched with the right coach. If Wentz was a sixth round pick, then nobody is impressed with that win.

Even more befuddling, the LOSING QB in that game was awarded “comeback POY” and just signed a deal to play next year!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm glad we didn't get Justin Fields. Some believe he never got a fair shot in Chicago, which I don't know if it's true or not, but I don't ever want there to be a time during a Stafford rough patch that some are calling it time for a "Fields Day" replacement of our QB. We know this will never happen with Jimmy G....

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm glad we didn't get Justin Fields. Some believe he never got a fair shot in Chicago, which I don't know if it's true or not, but I don't ever want there to be a time during a Stafford rough patch that some are calling it time for a "Fields Day" replacement of our QB. We know this will never happen with Jimmy G....
Hater.

GBRam15

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
GBRam15
[QUOTE="Strongly rooted against Jimmy starting back in 2017 because the stupid whiner fans were acting like he was the next Montana. (when did they NOT think that ever?? - before 1981)
[/QUOTE]

This is exactly how I felt back in 2017 as well. The dude won 5 games and whiner fans thought they had a future hall of famer on their hands. It was a very strange and irritating time to be around niner fans then.

Actually, it's still very strange and irritating.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Honestly, if you set aside the hate for him because he was a 49er and the media absolutely tries to put him on the ELITE pedestal.. this is honestly a damn good signing. Much like with Wentz, Jimmy G is way more than a capable backup. He knows what success is and how to win, and God Forbid Stafford goes down, I have incredible confidence that Jimmy G will lead us to a W.

He's probably the best backup we've had in ALONG time.

I shit on the guy a lot too as an opponent, but I'm more than happy he's a backup for us. I think Rypien playing last year really taught McVay and Les a lesson

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’m a Yankee fan. I had to adjust to Wade Boggs and later, Roger Clemens becoming Yankees. I know what you mean.

I just hope Garapolo is the backup all season and not needed to win any games. However, if it did come to that, wouldn’t it be great if he played better for McVay and the Rams, than he did for Shanahan? 49ers fans would be livid. Garapolo and the Rams beating Purdy and the Niners in a regular season game wouldn’t be so bad.
I mean we had to adjust to Jeff Fisher being our Head Coach, I hated that dude when he was in Tennessee.
Then of course, we got to hate him all over again....

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I mean we had to adjust to Jeff Fisher being our Head Coach, I hated that dude when he was in Tennessee.
Then of course, we got to hate him all over again....

I never hated Fisher even at the end of his job here. It was just time to move on because he wanted to run an archaic offense that didn't work.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Honestly, if you set aside the hate for him because he was a 49er and the media absolutely tries to put him on the ELITE pedestal.. this is honestly a damn good signing. Much like with Wentz, Jimmy G is way more than a capable backup. He knows what success is and how to win, and God Forbid Stafford goes down, I have incredible confidence that Jimmy G will lead us to a W.

He's probably the best backup we've had in ALONG time.

I shit on the guy a lot too as an opponent, but I'm more than happy he's a backup for us. I think Rypien playing last year really taught McVay and Les a lesson
Well said ottoman89. Preach on brother!!!!

~ArkyRamsFan~

Flint

Pro Bowler
Oh Jesus Christ. Have to be nice to Jimmy G-string now. Wonderful.

Welcome to the Rams Jimmy.
Do we have to take back all the shitty things we said about him? I’m curious how this shakes out, Stafford is known to stand in and get blasted to get a throw off, Jimmy is known to throw the ball while ducking to avoid a hit, resulting in him having no clue where the ball is going to end up. This doesn’t sound like something McVay would be a fan of, but hopefully holding a clipboard is the only thing he’s required to do this year.

Last edited:

0311rams

RomandeacondikersonwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Name
Madrid311
Jimmy G gets another chance with a coach that seems to bring the best out of his players. I think Jimmy will step up and we will be happy to have him on the team, having said that will there be another qb in the room and who is that going to could be the bigger issue. Go rams.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Jimmy G gets another chance with a coach that seems to bring the best out of his players. I think Jimmy will step up and we will be happy to have him on the team, having said that will there be another qb in the room and who is that going to could be the bigger issue. Go rams.
I personally think he's going to be an excellent backup and fill-in QB if needed.

And a good leader to help.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
And a good leader to help.
The beauty of sports is the players can surprise everyone. So this is possible. But in his SF days he was that guy who disappeared and nobody could reach and never seemed like that leader everyone can rely on. For him to become a leader on the team probably requires him to have grown quite a bit through that departure from SF. Stranger things have happened but for now all I expect is him to be ready to come in off that bench without giving us massive dropoff. If he can do that for us that then he'll get plenty of support from the faithful.