QB Mike Glennon Is Our Best Option

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I think he'd do well with Tavon because those drag routes that Davis and Hill struggled to get him the ball on would be in play due to his height.

But I agree with the rest of what you said. Great post!

On his footwork, it looks fine coming out of his drops but the longer he holds it, the more likely it is that he'll get sloppy. He's just so long and gangly...I think that hurts him to a degree with his feet. But it's fixable.

Good point on the drag routes to TA!

And yes, he is still developing and I think there is a lot of upside to his game.

And regardless of who our QB turns out to be we need to fix our interior line (as I'm sure you've said before). ;)

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Listening to Fisher's presser yesterday I feel they will be going the veteran QB option. Glennon, Cousins, and Sanchez are the guys who fit the mold.
If the Rams sign Sanchez and keep the current OC then say night night to the possibility of ever winning a Super Bowl.

If the Rams can get Cutler they should do it. I know he has his flaws, problems, etc... But why do you think the Bears signed him for so long for so much? A: Look at the available talent. Cutler could win a Super Bowl with the Rams. I am still high on Bradford and think he should start though.

Last edited:

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Tell you what, I agree with @jrry32 in the sense that I'd rather add Glennon than most of the other QBs in the draft.

FRO

Legend
If the Rams sign Sanchez and keep the current OC then say night night to the possibility of ever winning a Super Bowl.

If the Rams can get Cutler they should do it. I know he has his flaws, problems, etc... But why do you think the Bears signed him for so long for so much? A: Look at the available talent. Cutler could win a Super Bowl with the Rams. I am still high on Bradford and think he should start though.
Only problem with the Bears getting rid of Cutler is who will their QB be? The lack of options for them is why I think he stays there unless the Bears are overwhelmed with a trade proposal.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Bradford and Glennon both wear #8....so if we can get 16 games between the two i'm all for it. I don't want to see Davis or Hill take a snap next season.

I'm still more in favor of Cutler and a couple other fringe "options" but Glennon might be a decent, cheaper, less complicated way to go.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Only problem with the Bears getting rid of Cutler is who will their QB be? The lack of options for them is why I think he stays there unless the Bears are overwhelmed with a trade proposal.

Eh, I think the Bears would be willing because of the cash dump. Accept they're rebuilding for a year and get their QB next year. If they stick with Cutler this year, they gotta stick with him in 2016 as well...or hope to trade him next off-season...but having him likely makes it harder for them to get the right QB because they'll win some games.

If I were them, this would be the off-season I try to start over. They have a lot of aging players but lack the talent to contend.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I'd feel much more comfortable spending a 5th rounder on Glennon than a 4th or higher on a rookie in this QB class. So count me as on board with this.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Just bring back the f'n gold pants.

Seriously, this is getting out of control.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Eh, I think the Bears would be willing because of the cash dump. Accept they're rebuilding for a year and get their QB next year. If they stick with Cutler this year, they gotta stick with him in 2016 as well...or hope to trade him next off-season...but having him likely makes it harder for them to get the right QB because they'll win some games.

If I were them, this would be the off-season I try to start over. They have a lot of aging players but lack the talent to contend.

The Bears are teetering on long term disaster. I think that you are correct in your assessment that the rebuild needs to happen now, however no new coach is going to take that job and look at it like its a tear down unless it is Parcells, Chuckie, or Cowher, because any coach that doesn't have the credentials will be trying to piece that thing back together ASAP to prove themselves and create job security down the road. I started a Cutler thread and I hold out hope, but I think it is unlikely under most probable circumstances.

(Thinking about this situation reminds me of the career suicide that Devanney and Spagnolo risked taking the Rams job and how unappreciated they are for it.)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Bears are teetering on long term disaster. I think that you are correct in your assessment that the rebuild needs to happen now, however no new coach is going to take that job and look at it like its a tear down unless it is Parcells, Chuckie, or Cowher, because any coach that doesn't have the credentials will be trying to piece that thing back together ASAP to prove themselves and create job security down the road. I started a Cutler thread and I hold out hope, but I think it is unlikely under most probable circumstances.

(Thinking about this situation reminds me of the career suicide that Devanney and Spagnolo risked taking the Rams job and how unappreciated they are for it.)

Devaney and Spags are unappreciated for their results. The 2009 Rams are one of the least talented teams of all time...but Devaney and Spags didn't do good enough job to stay. That's why they're not appreciated...had they developed players well, made good coaching hires, and drafted well...I think we'd all had been willing to be patient.

You're probably right that they won't...but that would be the smart thing to do. But it's true, it is potentially career suicide if you don't have a lot of confidence(maybe even arrogance) in your abilities in order to believe you can rebuild the team quickly enough to retain your job.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I'm totally on board with trading up to a 3rd for him. A good td/int ratio on the worst team in football and still 25? I have to question just what the heck someone would think they were going to get with a 3rd, 4th,or 5th round QB anyway. At least there is plenty of film on him, and he's been decent and progressing. Beats the heck out of drafting a rookie in those rounds, especially in this year. What are we going to do with that low round pick anyway, get another Bates or Jones? This would enable us to aggressively go after fixing the OL, without the constant QB worry.

FRO

Legend

I probably would too. The problem is Lovie Smith got fired after a 10 win season and Trestman got a total of 2 years. The new coach/GM may want to win now instead of doing it the right way.

If I were them I would blow the whole thing up. Cutler, Forte, Marshall. Take what I could get for all three. Build up my lines in this draft, since it's the strength of the draft and start my youth movement. The lack of patience in the NFL really prohibits things being done the right way. I feel like the way Fisher and Snead have build is the right way. They haven't been perfect in everything, but we have a pretty good young talented roster across the board.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Urkel_reactions.gif

Urkel........great expressive face.......lol

Memphis Ram

Legend

If the Bears really want to move Cutler and that horrible contract, the two potential deals that seem obvious to me are:

Bears swapping first round selections with Tennessee (#2 overall) for Cutler's services

or

Jay Cutler straight up for Sam Bradford.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
If he's on the way out in TB, how can he possibly be 'good' competition for SB8?

Your last statement deserves one big loud.....AMEN!

All of our realistic QB options are 'on their way out' potentially even Sam Bradford.

We're not in a good situation. The options are limited but Glennon still offers potential being as young as he is.

Put it this way. If Sam Bradford and Mike Glennon were free agents, they'd be the top 2 QBs available.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Well, he's gotta pretty hot wife :)

mike-glennon-girlfriend-jessica-tease.jpg
Well I believe that settles it. Someone needs to inform Fisher that we've worked out a deal for his new QB competition, and also found the new media liaison.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler

I agree. Add in the fact that a new coaching regime would buy them some time in the minds of those paying for tickets and it's time for a rebuild.