QB Mike Glennon Is Our Best Option

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
This worries me the most with anyone we draft. I really can't think of anyone that has flourished under our current coaching staff, or has developed nicely other than TJ McDonald. I don't really have faith that our coaching staff can develop guys.

Maybe it's just short sighted of me, and I'd love to be wrong.
Robert Quinn?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Okay...this is really mean...I know this.

But the one thing Glennon can't be is the "Face of the Franchise"

He can throw 50TDs and still...no.

LOL

That's pretty mean.

We'll just make Fisher the Mustache of the Franchise. ;)

I doubt they give up on Geno. They better get him some real weapons first. The last couple games he looked ok. If there smart they grab Cooper. All he has is Harvin and that's almost like having Tavon. Geno gets one ml ore year

He has Eric Decker.

Geno's issue is that he doesn't anticipate WRs coming open. He waits until they're open to throw rather than reading the coverage and throwing before they break.

Glennon can spin it, and I'll say it, most won't agree, especially jrry, Sanchez is a good backup option, knows the offense, looks much matured on Eagles.

You got me there. I'm just not a Sanchez guy.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This worries me the most with anyone we draft. I really can't think of anyone that has flourished under our current coaching staff, or has developed nicely other than TJ McDonald. I don't really have faith that our coaching staff can develop guys.

Maybe it's just short sighted of me, and I'd love to be wrong.

I can think of quite a few including Bradford whose mechanics, pocket presence, and pocket movement improved leaps and bounds under the current staff.

Quick? Kendricks? Bailey? Barksdale? Saffold? Donald? Britt? Greg Robinson?

I think we've done a pretty darn good job of developing guys. And it's only been three years for this staff.

lockdnram21

Legend
LOL

That's pretty mean.

He has Eric Decker.

Geno's issue is that he doesn't anticipate WRs coming open. He waits until they're open to throw rather than reading the coverage and throwing before they break.

Eric Decker is overrated and is no good without a good #1 receiver pulling the defense. Add cooper and that would help Decker and Geno. Call me crazy but i would take Geno

FRO

Legend
He was putting it together right around the time Fisher ended up here. But I will say that he's realized more potential since then.
The year before Fisher came here Quinn had 5 sacks.

What about;
Ogletree
Gaines
Donald
Quick
Mason

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
LOL

That's pretty mean.

He has Eric Decker.

Glennon can spin it. I mean, he throws a beautiful ball. He'd be good for competition. I think, in an incredible twist of fate, we end up with RGME, and I'd hate that, unless he changes his whole attitude.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I can think of quite a few including Bradford whose mechanics, pocket presence, and pocket movement improved leaps and bounds under the current staff.

Quick? Kendricks? Bailey? Barksdale? Saffold? Donald? Britt? Greg Robinson?

I think we've done a pretty darn good job of developing guys. And it's only been three years for this staff.

I think you proved me wrong with Quick. He came on really strong this year. But I'll fight you on Bailey, he's still not done a whole lot. Saffold was a tackle who got kicked into guard, so he's not really hitting his ceiling for why he was drafted. Donald was a beast since he was drafted, and Britt just needed to get out of his own way.

I guess I'm just looking for more, and nitpicking.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
The year before Fisher came here Quinn had 5 sacks.

What about;
Ogletree
Gaines
Donald
Quick
Mason

I see Quick as the main development guy on this list, followed by Ogletree. I can't say Mason or Gaines as I want to see some growth first. Gaines just came in and flat out played, love him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Eric Decker is overrated and is no good without a good #1 receiver pulling the defense. Add cooper and that would help Decker and Geno. Call me crazy but i would take Geno

Decker was overrated...but he's a good #2 WR. And played well for them.

I don't want Geno. When I saw his stats in the last game, I considered it but when I watched the game, I saw the same issues plaguing him. He just doesn't get the ball out on time. He has to see it before he throws it.

Glennon can spin it. I mean, he throws a beautiful ball. He'd be good for competition. I think, in an incredible twist of fate, we end up with RGME, and I'd hate that, unless he changes his whole attitude.

It would be ironic.

Yep, Glennon can and his release is effortless. Really good looking for a guy with his sort of length. Tall guys typically have elongated releases but his is compact and quick.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think you proved me wrong with Quick. He came on really strong this year. But I'll fight you on Bailey, he's still not done a whole lot. Saffold was a tackle who got kicked into guard, so he's not really hitting his ceiling for why he was drafted. Donald was a beast since he was drafted, and Britt just needed to get out of his own way.

I guess I'm just looking for more, and nitpicking.

I think you're definitely nitpicking on some of these guys. Part of coaching is figuring out how to get a guy to "get out of his own way" and tap into his potential.

Saffold was one of the worst OTs in the NFL in 2011. He couldn't stop a bullrush to save his life because his technique was so bad. He's come a long way. And he's doing fine for a 2nd rounder.

Donald is a beast...but he's definitely getting better.

Bailey is absolutely getting better. You can see it. He's only a 2nd year guy. He came on strong over the final 6-7 games and that usually is something that bodes incredibly well for the third year.

And again, Bradford improved leaps and bounds as a player since the 2011 season. Watch his mechanics and him in the pocket in 2010 and 2011 then compare it to 2013. It's night and day difference.

FRO

Legend
74 catches, 962 yards, and 5 TDs would be our best year for a WR since 2007. Imagine what he would do with a starting caliber QB.

Geno sucks. Give me Winston, Decker, and Harvin.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay

That's a mean thing to say, gosh!

CjBVnXf.jpg

lockdnram21

Legend
74 catches, 962 yards, and 5 TDs would be our best year for a WR since 2007. Imagine what he would do with a starting caliber QB.

Geno sucks. Give me Winston, Decker, and Harvin.
I a take winston and Harvin u can keep Decker. But I think Geno can still develop

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob

He wears a helmet and can do interviews with it on if you think it's an issue, meany!!!!!!!!!!!!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The problem with Glennon is he's another QB who is going to be a career backup at best. I'm not a crazy arm strength guy with QBs, so I don't hold that against him and think he has enough. But he is a slow decision maker with accuracy issues, and I don't think he's ever going to prove himself to be starter material.

I'd be ok with him as a backup on the roster but the Rams wouldn't need to give up a pick for some of the others. Hill is probably better than him, sad as that is to say.