(Poll) Is this going to be Goff's Rams or Gurley's Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Will this be Goff's Rams or Gurley's Rams?

• Goff

• Gurley

• other player

• It's Kroenke's Rams and don't you forget it

Results are only viewable after voting.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Shocked that Goff is beating Gurley in voting. So the All-Pro/Pro-Bowler, who's arguably already the best player at his position and one of the most electric playmakers in the league....he won't be the face, heart and soul of the offense? I beg to differ.

I'm rooting for Goff and understand everyone is all hyped on him because the draft just happened... but get real. He's got a lot to prove before he's even close to Gurley's level. Until he proves otherwise, it's like asking if Bridgewater is the face of MIN over AP.

If he has a good rookie year, it'll be a nice 1-2 tandem on offense between Goff and Gurley, and Goff will get some real recognition. But until he gets to Gurley's elite level (which I don't see happening for a couple seasons, even in a best-case scenario), he'll always be the #2 behind TGII.

That's what I'm saying! Amazing how much people are willing to put Goff around of Gurley. I know he's a QB but Gurley is easily a top 5 RB in the NFL and Goff is nowhere near the top 5 at his position. This offense will move with Gurley and hinges on his performance. I think he is the face of the franchise.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Shocked that Goff is beating Gurley in voting. So the All-Pro/Pro-Bowler, who's arguably already the best player at his position and one of the most electric playmakers in the league....he won't be the face, heart and soul of the offense? I beg to differ.

I'm rooting for Goff and understand everyone is all hyped on him because the draft just happened... but get real. He's got a lot to prove before he's even close to Gurley's level. Until he proves otherwise, it's like asking if Bridgewater is the face of MIN over AP.

If he has a good rookie year, it'll be a nice 1-2 tandem on offense between Goff and Gurley, and Goff will get some real recognition. But until he gets to Gurley's elite level (which I don't see happening for a couple seasons, even in a best-case scenario), he'll always be the #2 behind TGII.

a noodle armed qb will never be the face of a franchise. while goff doesn't have the strongest arm he seems to be able to make the 40 yard throws. teddy is good for 15 yards max.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
It will be Gurleys team till Goff starts winning games for us. Been so long since we had a QB that won us games and didnt just lose us games. Once Goff starts winning us games he will become the leader, which will be at some point this year.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, kinda, but Goff's performance will rise and fall with the performance of Gurley too.
And vice-versa.

In *this* offense, those two are more dependent upon each other than any other QB/RB duo in the league, IMO.
Yes but I didn't phrase my response fully. We know the offense will center around Gurley and it will in fact rise and fall with both of them. But the way the media treats teams the perception will be that it's Goff's team, that's what I'm referring to with the comment it's a QB driven league. Unless Gurley goes on to pass Payton, Smith, Sanders etc etc the perception will be that it's Goff team, especially since he arrived after a sub .500 year. When our fortunes turn around that's just another reason media will point to Goff.

Austin

Rookie
Name
Douglas
I could see it being kind of like a Romo/Dez thing, where they both are the faces of the team, but ultimately, because Goff is responsible for more of their success (ala Romo), and because so much will depend on him (in a positive scenario, going forward), he will be the leader of the offense and the one upon whom the team's fortunes rely, and thus it will be his team. Gurley, meanwhile, will be a transcendent, well-known player in his own right, bringing glory to the blue and gold, and carrying a hefty share of the Rams' hopes on his shoulders.

Rose-colored glasses never coming off, boys...

Shawnbb158

Starter
I voted another player. It's aaroon donalds rams. Look At the Texans... Who do I think.. Watt. Donald after just 2 years is already the best player in the league according to PFF and others... While gurley will lead the offense and goff will be an mvp this is DONALDs team

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
For now, it's TG3. Every time Gurley touches the ball, you know it's more likely to be 1st and 10 or TDs.

With Gurley, the defense can stack the box all they want, he can bust one for a long TD run that DCs will have hard time game planning against him.

But there's other dynamic players the Rams now have that can really impact the game against their opponents like Tavon Austin, Aaron Donald, and Alec Ogletree.

But if Goff is so dynamic and willfully changes the outcome of the game like Rodgers, Brees, Roethlisberger and Brady when he has the ball, and the Rams consistently wins games for five straight years with 16-0 records, then I think it's the team can be called the Goff Angeles Rams.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I voted Gurley. He is something special and will be a true superstar, in my opinion. He'll one one of best players at his position (if not the best). Think Adrian Peterson, Ladanian Tomlinson, Jamaal Charles, etc. Those guys were/are the faces of their franchise.

I think Goff will be a very good QB for us for a long time. Our search for a quality, bonafide starter at the position is finaly over. But I don't ever think he will reach the heights of a Brady or Rodgers or Brees. I think Gurley has a chance of being a generation talent. I don't think Goff does. If he wasn't a QB, I don't think he even goes top 10 in this draft. And that's not a knock on him at all. But teams are desperate for QBs, so quality ones will always go off the board before "better" players at other positions are called.

If you mean "face of the franchise" in terms of Rams marketing, it might well be Goff. In fact, it might be already. But fans and players alike in the NFL will identify this team as "Gurley's Rans".

Athos

Legend
It'll be Gurley's offense this year, and maybe next.

Then it'll become a deadly symbiotic duo provided your o-line holds up and these WRs pan out.

baconandbread

Super Secret Starting DT
I voted Gurley, but a really good case was made for Donald. Both are already arguably the best at their position however Donald may be the best player in the game already. If Goff can ascend to the likes of Brees/Rogers in a few or more years he would be in consideration...not willing to give him the title until then.

Ram65

Legend
That was funny. I know TG got paid but he has a great personality. He doesn't take him self too seriously.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know why it has to be either.
Were the 90's Cowboys Emmitt Smith's team or Troy Aikman's?
Or more recently, on the greatest football team that ever laced them up, was it Warner's team or Marshall's?
I look forward to debating this after they win the Superbowl

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I could see it being kind of like a Romo/Dez thing, where they both are the faces of the team, but ultimately, because Goff is responsible for more of their success (ala Romo), and because so much will depend on him (in a positive scenario, going forward), he will be the leader of the offense and the one upon whom the team's fortunes rely, and thus it will be his team. Gurley, meanwhile, will be a transcendent, well-known player in his own right, bringing glory to the blue and gold, and carrying a hefty share of the Rams' hopes on his shoulders.

Rose-colored glasses never coming off, boys...
I hope, after the 1st couple of years together the comparison becomes, " Gurley and Goff are like Faulk and Warner of the GSOT Days!":D:D:thinking::thinking::wow::homer::grouphug::football:

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Goffs team, we have already had a glimpse at Gurley, he will be hard pressed to be more amazing. Yet Goff will look so good by comparison to what we have watched that he will stand out as a major upgrade at QB.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Gurley's team today, Goff's team tomorrow.

This.

Even if Goff is really good, Fisher's style almost insists that Gurley be the focal point during a QB rookie season throwing to what may be several rookies.

The one caveat though is if TA and Goff have chemestry, shit could explode all over the place.