(Poll) Is this going to be Goff's Rams or Gurley's Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Will this be Goff's Rams or Gurley's Rams?

• Goff

• Gurley

• other player

• It's Kroenke's Rams and don't you forget it

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Which of these two guys (providing that Goff can play) is going to be the primary face of the franchise and the Alpha leader on and off the field in the next Rams era?
Maybe it'll be Aaron Donald's Rams? Define it however you like. On the football field in terms of the leader is one way. There's no wrong answer here, but this question also pertains to the media and which player they decide to brand as "Tune in to FOX sports on Sunday to watch Adrian Peterson's Vikings take on ____ ____ Rams."

I think we can all agree that when a team has star power on offense it usually, inevitably points towards the QB. Aaron Rodgers' Packers, Brady's Patriots, Manning's Colts. Those are teams with future HOF's at QB and somewhat lack bonafide star power elsewhere around the QB.

Remember the Cowboys triumvirate of Aikman/Emmitt and Irvin? Who's team was that? @Rynie

This may be a subject better served to address a year from now but hey...it's the offseason and i'ts better than us quibbling about baby's mommas and racially insensitive mascots. :baghead:

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
This may be a subject better served to address a year from now but hey...it's the offseason and i'ts better than us quibbling about baby's mommas and racially insensitive mascots.

2 years from now.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I expect it to be Gurley's Rams. LT was the face of the Chargers during Rivers's early years. In time, I expect Goff to wear the Captain patch.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Goff's team.

Don't get me wrong; Gurley is going to be a key factor in our identity, but a successful QB is always the leader.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Goff's. The rest of the team is going to put their faith in him, follow his leadership, and count on him in all situations. Gurley hasn't been here long enough to have that kind of Steven Jackson influence on the team. And Jackson was only able to do that because the QB situation was shit for several consecutive years and he was the only one who was constantly producing. I don't think that'll be the case with Goff being here now.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ultimately this is a QB driven league. The Rams offense will rise and fall with the performance of Goff more so than Gurley.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ultimately this is a QB driven league. The Rams offense will rise and fall with the performance of Goff more so than Gurley.
Yeah, kinda, but Goff's performance will rise and fall with the performance of Gurley too.
And vice-versa.

In *this* offense, those two are more dependent upon each other than any other QB/RB duo in the league, IMO.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
They are so young and both are potential stars. I think this will be neither players team and instead it will be several guys who make up the face of the O. Like the GSOT. It was never Warners Rams or Faulks Rams.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
They are so young and both are potential stars. I think this will be neither players team and instead it will be several guys who make up the face of the O. Like the GSOT. It was never Warners Rams or Faulks Rams.

Good point, cake.

StevenG-BR

Rookie
Shocked that Goff is beating Gurley in voting. So the All-Pro/Pro-Bowler, who's arguably already the best player at his position and one of the most electric playmakers in the league....he won't be the face, heart and soul of the offense? I beg to differ.

I'm rooting for Goff and understand everyone is all hyped on him because the draft just happened... but get real. He's got a lot to prove before he's even close to Gurley's level. Until he proves otherwise, it's like asking if Bridgewater is the face of MIN over AP.

If he has a good rookie year, it'll be a nice 1-2 tandem on offense between Goff and Gurley, and Goff will get some real recognition. But until he gets to Gurley's elite level (which I don't see happening for a couple seasons, even in a best-case scenario), he'll always be the #2 behind TGII.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
'm rooting for Goff and understand everyone is all hyped on him because the draft just happened... but get real. He's got a lot to prove before he's even close to Gurley's level. Until he proves otherwise, it's like asking if Bridgewater is the face of MIN over AP.
That's why it was worded as, "Whose team is this GOING to be?"
And AP has been with the Vikings for 10 years now. Gurley -- one year.
If they both develop as planned, Goff will become the de facto leader of the team.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
They are OUR Rams. Most of these guys just play for us for a few years and move on.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

It was Warner's Rams.

And if you disagree I will punch you in the kidney area.

Not to hard though.......it'll be a gentle nudge or something I suppose.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I think it will Gurley's team early on. But we'll be a much better team when it becomes Goff's team.