Official UDFAs signings.. Interesting.. We will see 5 to 6 cuts if true>

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stony32

Fan since tickets were $5.50
That I have noticed, besides LS Jeff Overbaugh, WR's Duke Williams and Jimmy Worton, who where Rumored to have been picked. Are not on the Roster yet!;)

I think Williams and Worton are tryout invitees not under contract, so they would not count toward the limit of 90. To the earlier comment, I believe Patterson was waived in the last couple days.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Well he sucks in coverage
Come on man. You've been on the cut Davis bandwagon since he signed with us. You predicted he would be cut in training camp his rookie season and viola - he's still here. He doesn't suck in coverage near as much as you would like to have us believe. And he showed up an awful lot on special teams plays last season. If someone can beat him out - fine. But it'd be nice if you'd lay off him a little being that he has been wearing horns for three years now and seems to find a way to stick with our team. I'm not saying I expect you to love him but it just seems you really have him targeted.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Question: If Bailey isn't ready, could the Rams keep him with a non-football related injured reserve and would that count against them? Even if he never plays again, it seems like something the Rams would do just to pay him and keep him on insurance? Or is that already automatic while he as a non-football injury?
Good question. Maybe @flv knows the answer to this.

lockdnram21

Legend
Come on man. You've been on the cut Davis bandwagon since he signed with us. You predicted he would be cut in training camp his rookie season and viola - he's still here. He doesn't suck in coverage near as much as you would like to have us believe. And he showed up an awful lot on special teams plays last season. If someone can beat him out - fine. But it'd be nice if you'd lay off him a little being that he has been wearing horns for three years now and seems to find a way to stick with our team. I'm not saying I expect you to love him but it just seems you really have him targeted.
I didn't just say cut him. I actually like how he played on st. I should have said it like this then. He's not good in coverage instead of suck

lockdnram21

Legend
Bottom line is there are about 4-6 spots these guys are competing to earn.

Guys I think could be replaced:

Mason, Quick, Bailey (if he can't play)
Roberson, Bryant, Davis

A lot of bodies to compete for very few spots. That's a good thing.
I think you can add Bradley Marquez

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Coaching staff very high on Trinca-Pasat. I also think Coples will be surprisingly productive inside.

I could see Coples playing DE on obvious run downs and rotating at DT on passing downs. I think you will see him as a backup at both DE and DT. He could give Wilson fits rushing from inside and getting those long arms in throwing lanes.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler

I actually like Cody and think he has a good shot at starting at FS. His INT vs KC in Preseason last year was a thing of beauty. I haven't seen a play like that from a Ram Safety since Aeneas Williams just going off my memory. Also he was playing as extra Safety last year a bit and was in perfect position to contest the ball Tru picked off a deep ball intended for Tyler Lockett. Cody has improved and deserves a chance at competing for the job IMO.

lockdnram21

Legend
Duke didn't get a tryout Rams reporter told me on twitter as Farr as he knew that was just a rumor

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
There is a 90 man limit in the off season.

Yes, I understand this. Maybe they don't have as many under contract as you think they do ? The Rams roster, from the Rams website, has 90 players listed. I'm not saying that I believe that Roster to be completely accurate, but I don't see any pressing need to cut players either.

RamzFanz

Damnit

My bet is that whatever happens, the Rams pay out his contract, whether they have to or not. They've always been pretty moral about taking care of players who needed it. Besides, I don't think TA or the rest of the team would take it well if they didn't.

Except Wang. They screwed Wang. And look what happened.

mean4.jpg

Last edited:

Hram

UDFA
Hey Rams fans, first time poster here. I went to Rams games as a kid beginning in 1968, then drifted away from the team when Georgia Frontiere did her thing. So glad to see them back in Los Angeles.

Anyway, here's the roster with a count of 90: http://www.therams.com/team/roster.html
The Alaskan long-snapper is not on it. Who else is missing?
Welcome back!

I started watching them around 69 when I was 5. I was an Oregonian and just stay with them through every move

Thomas Wallace

Rams Lakers Dodgers
Name
PankeySlater
Duke Williams is an athlete and to say he is not is just blind judgement. Take his off field problems out of the equation he was considered a first round pick. He is extremely talented. I imagine his tryout will be more about Fisher talking to him and getting a feel for if he's ready to grow up. Bringing in a bad locker room guy is one thing we as Ram Fans shouldn't worry about. Fisher is probably one of the best at gauging these guys and taking ones that can turn it around. Ogletree was one, Jenkins another. Britt is another. Personally I can't stand Britt . I hope he miraculusly gets cut.

Marquez North is probably the receiver with the most potential on the roster at this time. He's REALLY good, with ridiculous physical gifts. Soft hands. Hopefully his injuries are in the past.

I would seriously not mind one bit if Austin was the only WR we kept from last year. Thomas, Williams, North , and McRoberts all look better to me than anyone else. Won't happen, but I would not mind.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Duke Williams is an athlete and to say he is not is just blind judgement. Take his off field problems out of the equation he was considered a first round pick. He is extremely talented. I imagine his tryout will be more about Fisher talking to him and getting a feel for if he's ready to grow up. Bringing in a bad locker room guy is one thing we as Ram Fans shouldn't worry about. Fisher is probably one of the best at gauging these guys and taking ones that can turn it around. Ogletree was one, Jenkins another. Britt is another. Personally I can't stand Britt . I hope he miraculusly gets cut.

Marquez North is probably the receiver with the most potential on the roster at this time. He's REALLY good, with ridiculous physical gifts. Soft hands. Hopefully his injuries are in the past.

I would seriously not mind one bit if Austin was the only WR we kept from last year. Thomas, Williams, North , and McRoberts all look better to me than anyone else. Won't happen, but I would not mind.
He also hasn't had a workout with us and it seems doesn't have one planned. Whoever reported he had was incorrect at least according to Myles Simmons.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Going into the season with 4 rookie wr's and one vet would be a disaster imo. Britt is not bad. He just hasn't had anyone to throw him the ball his whole career. Last year and year before he was open a shit ton but the ball was usually overthrown/underthrown/or just way off.

Quick and Marquez have a chance since know playboy's and have snaps. I could see at least one of them making the roster. That leaves three slots. One will go to Cooper, Thomas I think will get the other, then we also have to see if Bailey makes it back.

3 rookie at max will make the team as wr's. Another two to PS.

Also have to figure in possibly two rookie TE's making the team. That's a lot of rookie pass catchers. Almost to much.