Official UDFAs signings.. Interesting.. We will see 5 to 6 cuts if true>

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Junior Seau’s nephew among 19 undrafted players signed by Rams
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 5, 2016, 6:06 PM EDT

The nephew of one of the greatest players ever to play college football at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum will get a chance to play pro football at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.

Ian Seau, a defensive end who played his college ball at Nevada-Reno, has signed as an undrafted free agent with the Rams. Seau is the nephew of the late Junior Seau, who played at the Coliseum as a star linebacker for USC and then had a Hall of Fame career in the NFL.

The Rams also announced that they’ve signed 18 other undrafted free agents: Texas A&M K Taylor Bertolet, Wake Forest LB Brandon Chubb, Colorado State-Pueblo DE Morgan Fox, Arkansas S Rohan Gaines, TCU RB Aaron Green, Pitt LB Nicholas Grigsby, Vanderbilt LB Darreon Herring, Missouri Western DB Michael Jordan, Washington LB Cory Littleton, Iowa FS Jordan Lomax, Southeast Missouri State WR Paul McRoberts, Northwestern State OL Pace Murphy, Tennessee WR Marquez North, Washington State LB Kache Palacio, Tennessee S Brian Randolf, New Mexico State CB Winston Rose, Colorado WR Nelson Spruceand Kentucky OL Jordan Swindle.

Two tryout players, LS Jeffrey Overbaugh and WR Jimmy Worton, will get a shot to show what they can do at the Rams’ rookie minicamp.

lockdnram21

Legend
I'm real intrigued by Marquez North 6’4 and 4.4 speed. I think he can be what Quick was supposed to be plus more

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Finally we know our UDFAs.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Why isn't Duke Williams on this list? He should at least get a tryout mention.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Next question... who are they cutting?

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Why isn't Duke Williams on this list? He should at least get a tryout mention.

There is a difference between SIGN and TRYOUT, TRYOUT does not count against your 90 man roster.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Bottom line is there are about 4-6 spots these guys are competing to earn.

Guys I think could be replaced:

Mason, Quick, Bailey (if he can't play)
Roberson, Bryant, Davis

A lot of bodies to compete for very few spots. That's a good thing.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anyone else bothered by us signing no DTs? Who will be our DT depth? Worthington and Westbrooks or Coples? I figured Westbrooks and Coples would be playing DE.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm real intrigued by Marquez North 6’4 and 4.4 speed. I think he can be what Quick was supposed to be plus more

I think this is pretty optimistic. He showed off a lot of talent as a freshman and has done nothing since. He had 6 catches for 58 yards in 2015...all season.

…..

Legend
Anyone else bothered by us signing no DTs? Who will be our DT depth? Worthington and Westbrooks or Coples? I figured Westbrooks and Coples would be playing DE.

Westbrooks was listed as Donald's back up last time I saw the roster. Worthington on the other side behind Brockers. Trinca Pasat also listed as DT

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Well, there might not have been anybody the Rams felt was worthwhile - who was willing to sign with the Rams.

I really wanted the Rams to draft a big body to back up Brockers though. If he plays out his contract, and gets offered too much for the Rams to sign him and leave space to sign others like Donald going forward, then the Rams would be in a position to need to use their 2nd to get a NT - while if they drafted somebody in this deep draft, gave him a year of experience, they might not need to panic in such a situation.

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
I think North and Spruce could make this team. Really depends on how highly they value Marquez' ST play and how Stedman's rehab is going.

AllGasNoBrakes

Air Traffic Controller

Coaching staff very high on Trinca-Pasat. I also think Coples will be surprisingly productive inside.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Bottom line is there are about 4-6 spots these guys are competing to earn.

Guys I think could be replaced:

Mason, Quick, Bailey (if he can't play)
Roberson, Bryant, Davis

A lot of bodies to compete for very few spots. That's a good thing.

I could see your top three possibly being cut, but only one of the bottom three, and that is a big maybe in Bryant.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
There is a difference between SIGN and TRYOUT, TRYOUT does not count against your 90 man roster.
Either way, this quantity of players put's us over "90" By my count!?! Or am I mistaken, again!?!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I look at McRoberts and i see a guy who has better body control now than Brian Quick does after 4 years as a pro.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Isn't this a better question to ask in August? No one has to be cut until then.
I'm not sure about that. I think you can only have 90 players on your off season roster. You can't start team activities with as many as you want.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Quick needs to go. He is not going to get it and we can't afford to waste a spot on him purely based of "potential" and draft status.