Official New Rams Coaching Staff Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zero

Pro Bowler
Man, let's hope that the crappy performance of Gurley last year wasn't the result of bad coaching.
I still believe a lot of Gurley's struggles stem from his complete
lack of faith in what Boras was teaching.We got away
from a lot of things we had success with ,in Gurley's
rookie year.How do you as a coach say,"well we did
this well last year,so lets scratch it." I just don't get it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think Kromer is in any position to be making demands. His last 2 jobs included some shady activity. If he is "demanding" an oc title then he should take a walk

Well, he's still one of the best in the game at what he does with a handful of jobs open. He is in position to be picky.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
So, do we find out who our remaining coaches are tomorrow?

I mean, I don't think we'd try for anyone from the Patriots (different schemes) and Falcons (Shannahan probably already spoke with the few he's poaching)

So that leaves GB and Pitt, who both have been eliminated.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Well, he's still one of the best in the game at what he does with a handful of jobs open. He is in position to be picky.

He might be the OL coach ?? Looks like The Rams want Marc Tresment as the O - Cord. As of 17 hours ago .

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He might be the OL coach ?? Looks like The Rams want Marc Tresment as the O - Cord. As of 17 hours ago .

He did work under Trestman in Chicago. I'd be good with Trestman at OC and Kromer as the OL Coach. That would be a coup in my book.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
The Skins name Cavanaugh as their new OC. I wonder if McVay has been waiting for that shoe to drop so that he can scoop up Callahan?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The Skins name Cavanaugh as their new OC. I wonder if McVay has been waiting for that shoe to drop so that he can scoop up Callahan?

Callahan stated, he's staying in D.C., Wes Phillips will most likely be the next coach that leaves and the questions looms will he be the Offensive Coordinator? The next two big hires are Offensive Line Coach & Offensive Coordinator and if they will be one in the same.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
He did work under Trestman in Chicago. I'd be good with Trestman at OC and Kromer as the OL Coach. That would be a coup in my book.
Trestman may be a good "Coordinator" But he sucked as HC in Chicago, so I hope McVay isn't going to take any suggestions from Treestman in that area if we take him!! Call me cautious on this pick!

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

I don't like Trestman at all, everywhere he's been, it's been an epic fail unless he was out of the country.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm neutral to this, keep in mind McVay will call the plays and we have a QB coach. He likely will be helping McVay implement the game plan and be the eyes in the booth on game day.

I understand that and he did have success in San Francisco, but since then unless he's been North of the border, it has not been pretty.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm cherry picking but Trestman was the OC and QB coach when the AZ Cardinals and 2nd year QB Jake Plummer won a playoff game in 1998. He did some good things there in that role.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
I understand that and he did have success in San Francisco, but since then unless he's been North of the border, it has not been pretty.

Not completely accurate. In his first year as head coach (he called plays) The bears were second in scoring offense a 14 place increase and 5th in total yards. Broke almost every bears offensive yardage total record. IMO way better resume than Kromer and doesn't have the baggage. He actually called plays the only time Kromer was an OC.

This hire makes sense from a connection standpoint. He has alot of connections to the potential staff. Matt Cavanaugh was McVay's and Trestman's QB coach and Skip Peete will coach and coached their RBs. Kromer the potential OL coach was Trestmans OC, so at least 2 guys would have worked under Trestman before.