Offense or Defense?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

What should be our draft focus?

• Total voters

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I would love to get inside the Rams offices and see what goes into the entire process it would be fascinating! I just don't see how they can not consider what team needs are during the draft. And not necessarily 2014 needs but building for the future. Did they have a plan for which positions were good for a short period and others that were good for 5 years or more when they started the rebuild? There certainly aren't too many guys left after the first two years.

Do guys move on their boards as others come off? Are they lined up in order on the board and they start from there with scenarios for trades as the pocks are moving? Its got to be intense and a lot of fun to watch.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
the Rams focus on defense because 2 strong teams in their division do the same. Teams develop based on in conference competition because of the 2 games a year against.

or...that division focus's on run stoppage since that was the strength the last 2 years but I think all 3 will start opening up some the next 2 years

Sorry but I think it is more because you have very defensive minded coaches in the NFCW. If we had an offensive minded head coach, we'd probably be looking at more ways to exploit aggressive defenses.

Personally, I think great defenses really show up in big games - especially after having 16+ games to watch tape on the offense of the opposing team. But in the end, you have to have a team that can hold up on one side and be fairly dominant on the other. A 25th ranked offense is rarely going to win a playoff game or the SB even if they have the best defense the NFL has ever seen. Give me a team that has a dominant defense and is decent on offense and I would bet on them in the SB. Show me a team that has a great offense but just a decent defense and.... not so much.