Offense or Defense?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

What should be our draft focus?

• Total voters

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
They both have areas that need improvement. If the Rams O line can't improve enough to protect Sam and stay healthy the defense was good enough last year to be a playoff team. If the defense and offense can make slight improvements and stay healthy they can be serious contenders. Add some improvement on special teams and they can compete with anyone in the league and could win the SB as easily as anyone else.

Fortunately we don't have to choose one or the other and neither do the Rams.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
That's not a question I can answer without going into a big schpeal of scenarios.

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith
Rams need a balanced offense with a suffocating defense. By drafting CB, FS, DT, LB, OT, OG, LB, RB, QB the rams will be great next year.

Lol just a quick summary of my mock draft lol

Agreed. A suffocating D will provide something the Rams sorely need ...... field position. It's amazing how much better an O can become with better field position.

tonyl711

Starter
I voted for D because I think it is close to being one of the top defenses in the league, add a CB, Safety and a LB and I think GW can make this D pretty freakin good.
the offense is a little further away from being a top offense, but if the youth on offense play better with the experience they now have, they could do pretty good, I can see TA doing a lot more next season, I also think Bailey be a starter next season I see big things for him, so really the only offense I would even think about taking in the first 2 rounds would be OT, OG or possibly WR, wouldn't take none in the first round except maybe SW.
a top D will carry a mediocre offense most of the time.

A55VA6

Legend
I'd rather have a shut down defense that can even create turnovers for points.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
D! CB, FS, OLB, OG, DT, OG, RB, QB, WR, OT, in the draft.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
Without fixing the Oline we're going nowhere against the other D's in our division. Draft a developmental QB. Go D with the rest of the picks and we'll be playoff caliber in '14.

In other words...both.

Last edited:

ram29jackson

Rookie

interconference records prove/disprove nothing as far as I know...besides the AFC won the SB last year

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
The NFCW was something like 30-10 outside our conference which is more telling to me how dominant out division foes are and how much we need a dominant o line

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Offense all day long. Give this team a #1 WR, and a better offensive line, and we beat the Seahawks with the defense we have now.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Elite D. But I think our O is really on the track to be 24+ per game which is good with an elite D.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
interconference records prove/disprove nothing as far as I know...besides the AFC won the SB last year

Well I'd like to know how else to evaluate the relative strengths, who won the Super Bowl could mean the best TEAM could be in the worst conference so that would be the less indicative of the two.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Defense keeps you in the game no matter how outclassed you might be. Clutch offense wins championships...because defense wins championships!
What?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Defense keeps you in the game no matter how outclassed you might be. Clutch offense wins championships...because defense wins championships!
What?
85683.gif

ram29jackson

Rookie
A good DEFENSE WILL BEAT A GOOD OFFENSE..... thats why we draft big D first.

the Rams focus on defense because 2 strong teams in their division do the same. Teams develop based on in conference competition because of the 2 games a year against.

or...that division focus's on run stoppage since that was the strength the last 2 years but I think all 3 will start opening up some the next 2 years

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

With the defenses in our division being very strong front 7's the only way we will realize that potential on offense consistently will be to have a dominant O line. Very good O line play in this division will not be good enough and will end up with a losing record and no playoffs.