Nick Foles?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I have to think the cost would be pretty high. Philly would likely use the compensation to go get Mariotta.

I hope the #10 pick is out of the question - unless we are getting Foles and the Eagles #1 pick (#20 overall) - and I can't see the Eagles going that route.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
He'd be good competition. I wouldn't be upset with that acquisition.
He's young and talented and has had some success. Sounds like there are plenty worse options.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Consider that Alex Smith's pricetag was 2 #2s.

Sure, Mallett and Schaub were had for day 3 picks - but Nick Foles is a lot closer to Alex Smith than Ryan Mallett or Matt Schaub.

ram007

Starter
will trade for a 3rd round pick. The dude was unbelievable in 2013. Let Foles and Bradford compete for a starting job. The winner get's the spoils and other stays backup!

Edit: May be even a 2nd round pick since Rams can get the 2nd round pick back by trading out of #10 draft spot and regain 2nd pick.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd send our 2nd and 5th round for him. Me thinks they are looking for chips to trade up for Mariota
Heck, throw in Maclin and we can sweeten the deal

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Shouldn't cost more than a third. Young and had an inconsistent second year. No where near what Alex smith has achieved before his trade (NFC championship game). Would do it.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A few thoughts:
1] The asking price will likely be pretty high
2] Prior to the injury last year, his numbers were off by quite a bit over the previous year
3] The injury

He's had one good year.

Boy, I dunno... certainly wouldn't "reach" to get him.

Oh... and he's not very mobile and really struggled behind a bad Oline... that sound familiar?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Why trade Draft picks for a dinged-up QB!? Then again I don't like trading draft picks period!

jjab360

Legend
Call me crazy, but I'd give up two no.2s for him. He's young, got all the size and arm strength you could ever ask for, and pretty good deep and overall accuracy as well. His decision making gets shaky at times, but Foles can easily be a top 10 QB in this league in the right environment, imo. He works the pocket well, makes plays under pressure, has good athleticism, and is accurate from all types of launch angles, an underrated asset.

We'll probably never be able to get him and O-line and set of weapons like he had with the Eagles in '13, so don't expect a 27-2 TD-Int ratio, but that's a ridiculous expectation anyway.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I wouldn't mind trading for Foles, in fact I'd love it, but by no means do I think we should give up a lot for him.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I would take Foles in a heartbeat now what to give up is the question, but he's better than what the Rams have now a healthy Sam Bradford notwithstanding and has not been standing for two years.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
THIS IS LIKE AN EFFING NIGHTMARE!!!! NICK EFFING FOLES!?!? ARE WE SERIOUS?!? WHO COULD WANT THIS GUY!? HE JUST BROKE HIS SHOULDER....HE LOOKS LIKE HE'LL BRAKE OTHER BONES SOON TOO....WE NEED LINEMEN FELLAS....

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
If this went down, it would almost have to be a 3 team deal.

#1 overall to the Eagles
#10 overall to TB (plus who knows what else)
#20 overall to STL (plus Foles)

How can Philly deal their QB unless they know for sure they have their replacement in hand?

I'm not crazy about it at all. I'd rather just run Sam out there again.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
will trade for a 3rd round pick. The dude was unbelievable in 2013. Let Foles and Bradford compete for a starting job. The winner get's the spoils and other stays backup!

Edit: May be even a 2nd round pick since Rams can get the 2nd round pick back by trading out of #10 draft spot and regain 2nd pick.

How in the world could the Rams keep Foles and Bradford ??? I don't think even Demoff is that much of a cap wizard...To me Foles would be an expensive backup, too expensive..Unless the plan would be to cut Bradford..You can't wait too long or the salaries become too expensive to cut at some point...I/m not rally sure what I think about this...I doubt that a trade is viable...

lockdnram21

Legend
THIS IS LIKE AN EFFING NIGHTMARE!!!! NICK EFFING FOLES!?!? ARE WE SERIOUS?!? WHO COULD WANT THIS GUY!? HE JUST BROKE HIS SHOULDER....HE LOOKS LIKE HE'LL BRAKE OTHER BONES SOON TOO....WE NEED LINEMEN FELLAS....
He did more then Bradford

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I'd be happy with Foles too, I think the guy is for real.

I would be okay w/ Foles, but he tends to hold the ball too long. Just another reason we need to get 2-3 new starters along the OL. JMO