Nick Foles?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Just wondering what others here think of him and what it would cost to trade for him. Haven't watched lots of Foles but I think he's adequate enough to lead us to the postseason. I also realize he's a FA in 2016 so that may lower the price in a trade. I've just been thinking: if we can't get Winston/Mariota I don't like any QBs in this draft that can come in and start from day 1. FA QB classes always suck because teams don't let good QBs get away. This may be our best option. Trading for Foles would likely spell the end for Sam.

Thoughts?

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
I'd give a 3rd for Foles. I'd really like to get him for a 5th. I'd still try to cut Sam's cap number and have him compete with Foles if he's interested. If not cut Sam and bring in Matt Moore to back up Foles and focus on O line in the Draft.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
Eagles are not going to give up Foles. They pick 20th and are not getting the top qb either. Fisher is starting Bradford next year. He will have two back ups and a practice squad qb.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
Fans around here ( philly area) are so spoiled with winning football and brand new stadium that they are complaining about Chip Kelly after two winning seasons. Foles isnt going anywere.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Eagles would do it for the Rams 1st. Then they could use that and their 1st + to trade up for Mariota.
If the Rams did something that stupid they all should be fired.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Foles wouldn't be worth a first - on his own. Is there anything the Eagles could add that would make it worthwhile to the Rams? Maybe a quality lineman too - I'm guessing Kelce would be too much though. Maybe not depending on Kelly's desperation. But there could be some option - Supposedly the Eagles really want Marriota.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'd rather bring in David Fales from Chicago for a future 7th rd pick and give him a chance to compete against Bradford, Hill, Davis and whoever.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'm with Mojo, I prefer David Fales.

Mike Glennon for a third would be best. I think a third for Foles is too high. I'd give a 6th.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It would be a dumb trade for the Rams.

Foles' talent is maximized by Kelly and his creativity/excellent coaching that simplifies things and gets the most from who he has under center. He is a very good QB with Kelly, but I would not consider a trade for him until I see which OC Fish can bring in. If he brings in Chud and they want Foles, then as GM it might be worth doing. But it's risky IMO, and that reflects very well on Kelly.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I'll be really disappointed if the starting QB for the 2015 Rams isn't Sam Bradford.

Oh I'm so sorry to some, but there it is.

A55VA6

Legend
Eh.. I'm not much of a fan. He's solid though.

I just really hope our starter in 2015 is Bradford.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Foles Gold in the Chip Kelly's offense enigma. :eek:

I think the Eagles are at just as much qb unknown situation as some other teams including us. I'd still take a second acl recovery Bradford. #hardeightSB8 roll those dice!

A55VA6

Legend
Foles Gold in the Chip Kelly's offense enigma. :eek:

I think the Eagles are at just as much qb unknown situation as some other teams including us. I'd still take a second acl recovery Bradford. #hardeightSB8 roll those dice!
Chip Kelly is trying to trade up for Mariota and will probably give up more than the Redskins did for RG3. I honestly won't be surprised if it happens. haha

iced

Take it with an grain of salt since its an "anonymous source"

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2015/01/eagles_nick_foles_draws_mixed_reviews_from_nfl_coa.html

Several teams, including St. Louis Rams, are ready to make a deal for Eagles' Nick Foles

The Eagles apparent indecision on what to do with quarterback Nick Foles has intrigued teams around the league, and possible suitors are beginning to emerge.

According to a person familiar with the situation, but who requested anonymity, the St. Louis Rams have interest in Foles should the Eagles decide to trade him this offseason.

Foles' possible availability was a topic of conversation among coaches and scouts last week at the Senior Bowl, with the Tennessee Titans and Houston Texans also mentioned as teams that would have interest if Foles hit the market.

It is unclear if the Eagles are willing to move Foles. Their plans to explore options surrounding Oregon quarterback Marcus Mariota — as reported by NJ Advance Media — in the NFL draft certainly indicate a weakened commitment to Foles.

The Rams, who own the No. 10 overall pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, are in need of a quarterback after Sam Bradford missed all of last season with a knee injury. Bouncing between backups Austin Davis and Shaun Hill led to another losing season and last-place finish in the NFC West.

Although he regressed last season, Foles still has a career completion percentage of 61.6, and he has thrown 46 touchdowns and only 17 interceptions in the past three seasons. Foles, the Eagles' starter until he injured his shoulder, missed the final eight games of the season as the team missed the playoffs.

Foles is coveted around the league.

"Love him," one NFL coach said of Foles. "Right now I would put him in the second or third tier of quarterbacks, but I think he is right on the cusp of being in the top tier at the position."

Coming off 27 touchdowns and only two interceptions in 2013, Foles finished with 13 touchdowns and 10 interceptions in eight games last season before fracturing his collarbone, an injury that would cost him the remainder of the season.

"A dropoff was expected," said an NFC scout. "I wouldn't be too concerned if I was Chip (Kelly). I think he'll be fine."

Foles inability to escape pressure was highlighted last season as the offensive line suffered through a season of injuries and poor play. The dropoff in the offensive line play from 2013 to 2014 left Foles running for his life at times, which proved to be a problem, especially when he got into the open field.

"He is a statue back there," the NFC scout said. "Guys like him, I don't worry, because I know where he is going to be."

What Kelly really thinks of Foles isn't clear.

The head coach, who was at the Senior Bowl last week, didn't speak to reporters, instead watching practices from the back of the end zone with offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur. Kelly refused to commit to Foles as his starting quarterback at the end of last season, instead saying he was going to review the tape.

"I don't know," Kelly said. "We'll sit down and thoroughly evaluate everything."

Foles has been radio silent since his injury, but did make it clear in his lone interview that he expects to be in Philadelphia next season.

"I expect to be back here," Foles said. "I expect to be the quarterback. I love my teammates, and I expect to be back out there leading them and winning some games. I'm excited to come back better than I ever have been."

This offseason is the first time the Eagles will have a chance to extend Foles' contract since they drafted him in 2012. He'll go into the 2015 season with one year left on that contract.

The quarterback said back in December that neither he nor his agent have heard from the team about a new deal.

iced

if they trade foles they must have something in place to get mariota - i can't see them getting rid of their starter without a viable solution, and sanchez is not one