New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
Cancelling fan events and putting practices in oxnard.

Even Demoff has admitted part of the reasons of less ticket renewals and corporate support is due to the state of the franchise and possible move to LA. Also heard there was some reluctance for corporations to renew support without a commitment from Kroenke to the city.

His actions and inactions aren't going well for him in the eyes of ticket buyers

This year but what about 2010 or 2011 or 2012 or 2013 or 2014.

iced

This year but what about 2010 or 2011 or 2012 or 2013 or 2014.

look at how bad the team was and where it is....

sub .500 team from '07 to current (even worse some years, joke of the NFL), not to mention arbitration.. LA rumors were circling then too

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I can't believe the denial some of you have about why fan support is so low.

You don't have to pretend. Come out and say it: You want the RAMS to move and you don't want the obvious reasons for lack of fan support to be a factor in preventing that.

Tell me why fan support in LA was so bad again?
The narrative usually begins with "The owner (Georgia F)...."

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
look at how bad the team was and where it is....

sub .500 team from '07 to current (even worse some years, joke of the NFL), not to mention arbitration.. LA rumors were circling then too

That excuse only goes so far. Prior to this year what did he or the Rams since he has owned the team do to alienate the fan base. Did the current owner knowingly cause the issues that lead to the poor performance? Has he cut player salaries to the minimums? Did he take excessive sums out of the team that threatened the financial strength of the team?

Not talking is different than actively causing the issues for relocation.

iced

That excuse only goes so far. Prior to this year what did he or the Rams since he has owned the team do to alienate the fan base. Did the current owner knowingly cause the issues that lead to the poor performance? Has he cut player salaries to the minimums? Did he take excessive sums out of the team that threatened the financial strength of the team?

Not talking is different than actively causing the issues for relocation.

you mean like trading your "franchise" qb, hiring a .500 coach with an experience in moving football teams to operate a team with a historically bad record and one of the longest current play off drouts? In addition to again moving practices from St.Louis to Oxnard, a rumored spot you're moving too, and cancelling fan events? I can't think of any bigger way to say F-U to the fan base in those 2 last actions. Additionally, he is the owner not actively engaging with the city for a new stadium. No way to spin that

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
you mean like trading your "franchise" qb, hiring a .500 coach with an experience in moving football teams to operate a team with a historically bad record and one of the longest current play off drouts? In addition to again moving practices from St.Louis to Oxnard, a rumored spot you're moving too, and cancelling fan events? I can't think of any bigger way to say F-U to the fan base in those 2 last actions. Additionally, he is the owner not actively engaging with the city for a new stadium. No way to spin that

I said prior to this year. The only one on your list is hiring Fisher, who when hired was the top coaching candidate that year and the Rams were in competition with multiple teams for him.

D L

Rookie
Name
Dylan
I can't believe the denial some of you have about why fan support is so low.

No kidding.

I'm taking a break from this thread for awhile. Some of the stuff being spewed is getting really ridiculous.

RamBill

Legend
Sam Farmer ‏@LATimesfarmer

NFL in LA NEWS: Rose Bowl board unanimously decides not to respond to NFL on being a temp site. Bows out.

iced

I said prior to this year. The only one on your list is hiring Fisher, who when hired was the top coaching candidate that year and the Rams were in competition with multiple teams for him.

only Miami was the other serious team for him....

Also, Kroenke did have games played in London - and only backed down on future games when the CVC made some noise about taking away home games...

Just another jab at St.Louis...

the idea though that fan support would be high after '07,'09,'09,and '11 is a joke. They have been sub .500 since '07 (or even since kroenke over). Not only has this team missed the playoffs consistently every year for a decade, only once have they been playoff relevant since '07 - Spags rookie year, in the joke that was the NFC Worst then.

In the past 8 seasons, they have finished last in the NFC West 6 times, once 3rd, once 2nd.

So yea, I stand by my point.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I gotta believe you are being intentionally difficult here Blue4 in an attempt to make the case that Stan hasn't done anything to improve the team. Do you honestly - as a fan - not see improvement in the team today versus the period directly preceding the past 3 years? If you don't, I would say you are in the extreme minority. And if this is the common thought of the majority in the Lou, I really don't think it helps the case for people not showing up to games. If they can't see that the product is being improved, is it because they no longer care to pay attention? I dunno man. Doesn't seem like a good position to take.

For the last time, I'm trying to view this FROM THE OUTSIDE LOOKING IN. I'M NOT SAYING WE AREN'T IMPROVED. I'm sorry for the caps here but people don't seem to get this and think I'm some sort of non fan. I don't think I'm being difficult at all. I'm wondering why everyone else seems to say results and numbers matter when talking about St Louis, yet when talking about the team record suddenly excuses matter. From my point of view this is a huge inconsistency in this argument.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I'd also like to know how, in a thread where people have made assertions like "the Rams are helping St Louis" I am supposedly the difficult one. I don't see what is so controversial about the notion that non fans of the ST Louis Rams would be less than impressed with 6-10. Seems rather blindingly obvious to me.

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
only Miami was the other serious team for him....

Also, Kroenke did have games played in London - and only backed down on future games when the CVC made some noise about taking away home games...

Just another jab at St.Louis...

the idea though that fan support would be high after '07,'09,'09,and '11 is a joke. They have been sub .500 since '07 (or even since kroenke over). Not only has this team missed the playoffs consistently every year for a decade, only once have they been playoff relevant since '07 - Spags rookie year, in the joke that was the NFC Worst then.

In the past 8 seasons, they have finished last in the NFC West 6 times, once 3rd, once 2nd.

So yea, I stand by my point.

Really. The Bucs, Colts and the original front runner the Chargers.

Snub. The home teams for London games make substantially more than playing in their home stadiums.

Fan support is still completely different from corporate support.

Last edited:

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter

Blocking Kahn from buying the team? That's a joke. How come the previous owners didn't publicly acknowledge Kreonke's right of first refusal? He was ALREADY an owner.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
I'd also like to know how, in a thread where people have made assertions like "the Rams are helping St Louis" I am supposedly the difficult one. I don't see what is so controversial about the notion that non fans of the ST Louis Rams would be less than impressed with 6-10. Seems rather blindingly obvious to me.

"As for the Rams, their own actions seem to be making their long-term intentions rather clear.

The Rams have continually expanded their community efforts and outreach since Kroenke took over in 2010. As led by Demoff, the organization became the first team in the city’s history to win its Philanthropic of the Year award. The Rams’ community initiatives are some of the league’s most extensive. They have been done in part to grow the “next-generation fan,” according to Brian Killingsworth of the club’s front office. It would seem odd to constantly increase efforts in this community if it were planning to uproot from it."

http://www.101sports.com/2013/07/15/rams-stadium-and-relocation-prospects-not-as-they-seem/

"One would be hard-pressed to find another franchise in all of sports that possesses and exhibits an unyielding commitment to community work in the way that the St. Louis Rams organization does."

http://www.101sports.com/2013/07/02/rams-community-work-puts-future-fan-at-forefront/

iced

Fan support is still completely different from corporate support.

Which as I said before, some corporate support has been reluctant to renew without a commitment from kroenke.

That's a card he controls.

And how the situation has played out is a huge factor in that.

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
Which as I said before, some corporate support has been reluctant to renew without a commitment from kroenke.

That's a card he controls.

And how the situation has played out is a huge factor in that.

That quote was in regards to the current year.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
"As for the Rams, their own actions seem to be making their long-term intentions rather clear.

The Rams have continually expanded their community efforts and outreach since Kroenke took over in 2010. As led by Demoff, the organization became the first team in the city’s history to win its Philanthropic of the Year award. The Rams’ community initiatives are some of the league’s most extensive. They have been done in part to grow the “next-generation fan,” according to Brian Killingsworth of the club’s front office. It would seem odd to constantly increase efforts in this community if it were planning to uproot from it."

http://www.101sports.com/2013/07/15/rams-stadium-and-relocation-prospects-not-as-they-seem/

"One would be hard-pressed to find another franchise in all of sports that possesses and exhibits an unyielding commitment to community work in the way that the St. Louis Rams organization does."

http://www.101sports.com/2013/07/02/rams-community-work-puts-future-fan-at-forefront/

I'm wasn't talking about charity work.

iced

That quote was in regards to the current year.

It's not like this is the only year the Rams have been speculated to be moving to LA - those go back several years, and only strengthened even more during and after arbitration

tonyl711

Starter
sure there is, it will be spun right here, just wait for it, lol. dont you know St Louis is the only team whose fans expect a competitive product? dont you know that any other team with a 10 year record of losing and an owner threatening to move will not lose attendance? thats only in St Louis.

tonyl711

Starter
really? how long has SK been holding LA over our heads? when was the last time we seen a winning team? when was the last time Stan did ANYTHING to try to reassure the fans in St Louis?
why is Stan a hero to you and Georgia a demon when he is doing the exact same thing? but these things werent bothering LA fans then? ive heard ALOT of LA fans ripping Georgia for doing what Stans doing right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.