Mock Draft Tidbits / 2024 Draft Talk

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
So I wouldn't move down too far unless a team gives you multiple day 2 picks to drop back.
I'd make the pick at 19 yeah. There should be an impact player there. Just take him.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Gotta believe Snead is all giddy with his R1 options (draft picks, draft trades, trade chip). I think the smart play is to maximize the top 100 picks.

A scenario to get 7 picks in top 102:
-Trade LAR R1.19, R5.154 for NE R2.34, R3.68 and R4.102 - value chart supports the trade
-RFA R2 tender on Ajax - NYG signs Ajax. Rams get NYG R2.39 pick
-Rams would have R2.34, R2.39, R2.52, R3.68, R3.83, R3.98 and R4.102

Not gonna happen like this but that would be a fun Draft that could fill a lot of holes.
Yeah I had some simulations that were similar with a lot of trade downs....

Recently here was an example of whether I got an impact player or not because of trading down too far. Maybe just crappy picks on my part.

1000003212.jpg

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Gotta believe Snead is all giddy with his R1 options (draft picks, draft trades, trade chip). I think the smart play is to maximize the top 100 picks.

A scenario to get 7 picks in top 102:
-Trade LAR R1.19, R5.154 for NE R2.34, R3.68 and R4.102 - value chart supports the trade
-RFA R2 tender on Ajax - NYG signs Ajax. Rams get NYG R2.39 pick
-Rams would have R2.34, R2.39, R2.52, R3.68, R3.83, R3.98 and R4.102

Not gonna happen like this but that would be a fun Draft that could fill a lot of holes.
Another...this with more Day 2 picks, and lucky Dejean slid...normally off the board by 26.

1000003211.jpg

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kicking around what it would look like if the Rams sign Smith. Which I know everyone hates due to Noteboom injury PTSD. :laugh4:

FA Moves:

+ OT Smith (may be affordable)
+ OLB Uche (should be affordable)
+ QB Stick (the QB2 you want needs to be a buy-low and unappreciated type for his talent level)
+ ILB Rozeboom (ILB feels too hard to get to this year)

Noteworthy Tenders:

+ OT Jackson (swing OT for 2024)

Cuts:

- Noteboom (we'll always have Paris)
- Bennett (get well kid)

Draft:

- Trade down from 19 to the late 20s range, where the commensurate round 2 pick has appropriate value to the drop.
+ Round 1: WR Franklin (all the tools for what the Rams need)
+ Round 2: OLB Trice (can play edge or maybe develop into a 5T role for us)
+ Round 2 : DT Jenkins (the pick I forgot to make after trading down haha)
+ Round 3: CB Hart (length and raw athleticism we need)
+ Round 3: S Bullock (range we require in that pairing)
+ Rounds 4 through UDFA: Kicker, RB, returner, Depth DL, and gunner

Depth Chart (starters/key players):

(y) WR: Kupp, Nacua, Franklin
(y) OL: Smith, Jackson, Avila, Dotson, Hav
:hope: TE: Higs (Med ?), Long, Allen
(y) QB: Stafford, Stick
:hope: RB: Williams, ROOK, Rivers

:hope: OLB: Young, Uche, Trice
(y) DL: AD, Turner, Brown, Jenkins
:hope: CB: Hart, Durant, Kendrick, Tomlinson
:hope: S: Bullock, Yeast, Lake
(n) ILB: Jones, Rozeboom, Hummel

Defense still feels short to me. Rams are likely to still have a couple holes on the defense, as we probably won't hit on as many of the mid to late guys as we just did. I would really like to use that pick at 19 on defense as well but I concede that the offense needs potency to get the most of Stafford. Otherwise just build the rest of the roster like SF does and go with some middling QB who runs play action and lives off that run game.

Biggest disappointment is not coming out of this draft with a LT. But if you want to make a run at another title, which I do more than I want to see LT filled, this type of approach makes a ton of sense to me.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kicking around what it would look like if the Rams sign Smith. Which I know everyone hates due to Noteboom injury PTSD. :laugh4:

FA Moves:

+ OT Smith (may be affordable)
+ OLB Uche (should be affordable)
+ QB Stick (the QB2 you want needs to be a buy-low and unappreciated type for his talent level)
+ ILB Rozeboom (ILB feels too hard to get to this year)

Noteworth Tenders:

+ OT Jackson (swing OT for 2024)

Cuts:

- Noteboom (we'll always have Paris)
- Bennett (get well kid)

Draft:

- Trade down from 19 to the late 20s range, where the commensurate round 2 pick has appropriate value to the drop.
+ Round 1: WR Franklin (all the tools for what the Rams need)
+ Round 2: OLB Trice (can play edge or maybe develop into a 5T role for us)
+ Round 3: CB Hart (length and raw athleticism we need)
+ Round 3: S Bullock (range we require in that pairing)
+ Rounds 4 through UDFA: Kicker, RB, returner, Depth DL, and gunner

Depth Chart (starters/key players):

(y) WR: Kupp, Nacua, Franklin
(y) OL: Smith, Jackson, Avila, Dotson, Hav
:hope: TE: Higs (Med ?), Long, Allen
(y) QB: Stafford, Stick
:hope: RB: Williams, ROOK, Rivers

:hope: OLB: Young, Uche, Trice
(y) DL: AD, Turner, Brown
:hope: CB: Hart, Durant, Kendrick, Tomlinson
:hope: S: Bullock, Yeast, Lake
(n) ILB: Jones, Rozeboom, Hummel

Defense still feels short to me. Rams are likely to still have a couple holes on the defense, as we probably won't hit on as many of the mid to late guys as we just did. I would really like to use that pick at 19 on defense as well but I concede that the offense needs potency to get the most of Stafford. Otherwise just build the rest of the roster like SF does and go with some middling QB who runs play action and lives off that run game.

Biggest disappointment is not coming out of this draft with a LT. But if you want to make a run at another title, which I do more than I want to see LT filled, this type of approach makes a ton of sense to me.
Like the thoughts and the positions I just want nothing at all to do with Smith or Franklin. I'm not a Jackson fan but I'd much rather him at LT and draft a center or sign either Connor Williams or Aaron Brewer.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Like the thoughts and the positions I just want nothing at all to do with Smith or Franklin. I'm not a Jackson fan but I'd much rather him at LT and draft a center or sign either Connor Williams or Aaron Brewer.
Had to put someone in there after the trade down. Can't please everyone of course.

Where it really gets interesting is if Latu falls to us. Then there is no trade down but I could care less.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Had to put someone in there after the trade down. Can't please everyone of course.

Where it really gets interesting is if Latu falls to us. Then there is no trade down but I could care less.
Latu and Penix are the 2 biggest injury scares for me. No denying either has amazing talent but Latu in particular his injury history scares the bejeezus out of me. Id go Mitchell over Franklin easily.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't hate Mitchell. But I think if you want to go Mitchell you can trade down for sure.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't hate Mitchell. But I think if you want to go Mitchell you can trade down for sure.
Not sure it would be that big of a trade down if they do at all. This years day one of the draft going to be so much fun actually being in it for a change.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Looking like the Rams intend to use most of their draft recourses on Defense. Still wouldn't be surprised to see us take a WR with the first pick, but a lot of draft capitol can also be spent on the Defensive side.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
LT looks like it will still be a need come the draft. So if it's there at 19 I have to think it's the pick. It's easier to find wideouts in any given year outside of the early going. But that is not true with LT.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
LT looks like it will still be a need come the draft. So if it's there at 19 I have to think it's the pick. It's easier to find wideouts in any given year outside of the early going. But that is not true with LT.

I think T could be a day two pick, but the moves today all but guarantee round one is CB or edge

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think T could be a day two pick, but the moves today all but guarantee round one is CB or edge
Corners look good to me into round 3, certainly round 2. Edge you can find guys outside the top round. LT though is so hard to do that. So idk. Rams are tough to predict and I think the board of course dictates, but all things being equal it's that one position where you almost have to take it.

And again I'd be very happy with all defense. It's why I wanted them to sign Smith. But in the end all I really care about is hitting on the pick. Just find a stud.