MMQB - Oopsed when I merged. This is Den's Dysfunction thread.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Fisher choose to make Foles his QB. He never drafted a qb to develop behind Bradford who had an extensive injury history. Terrible decision. That falls on Fisher.

We are supposed to reward him for waiting 5 years to address the most important position on the field?

Bradford was hurt both times when fisher was coach already. he had a high ankle sprain and that was it before fisher.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
Bradford was hurt both times when fisher was coach already. he had a high ankle sprain and that was it before fisher.

Ya exactly. He should of drafted a qb instead of all the running backs he drafted and then released.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Denver? you mean the team that won 12 games the year before? so who was the QB fisher was supposed to get to take us to the playoffs the last 5 years? give me a name that would have signed with us and was a FA
Did Peyton Manning take them to the playoffs last year, with his 67.9 passer rating, 9 TDs and 17 INTs, or did Denver do a better job of executing on Fisher's goal of building a world-class defense and powerful run game? That was my point.

In 2015, Peyton Manning was the only NFL starting QB with a worse passer rating than Nick Foles. He won the Super Bowl.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The guy in TB
Would have to google him eh?
That's the point, who cares about credit, only thing that matters is who he wins with
Bradford was 10-12-1 with Fisher
NFL is a results league and the QB excuse can work for a year or two, the record isn't everything mantra can work for a year or two. Its year 5 and we are hearing same things.
That's a fail on any other team with any other coach

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In 2015, Peyton Manning was the only NFL starting QB with a worse passer rating than Nick Foles. He won the Super Bowl.
And Brock Osweiler, who has one of the worst passer ratings this year...

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Would have to google him eh?
That's the point, who cares about credit, only thing that matters is who he wins with
Bradford was 10-12-1 with Fisher
NFL is a results league and the QB excuse can work for a year or two, the record isn't everything mantra can work for a year or two. Its year 5 and we are hearing same things.
That's a fail on any other team with any other coach
I would agree it is a fail on a team that has an NFL level QB playing. On this team with these circumstances, not the same thing.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would agree it is a fail on a team that has an NFL level QB playing. On this team with these circumstances, not the same thing.
You are contradicting yourself.
The QB whom you are saying aren't NFL level are the same guys Fisher claims he could win with

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
You are contradicting yourself.
The QB whom you are saying aren't NFL level are the same guys Fisher claims he could win with
No I'm not contradicting myself I never expected them to win with the likes of Davis and Hill, Keenum maybe. And no Fisher did not say they would be a playoff team with those scrubs. Of course he isn't going to call them scrubs either he's the HC not a fan.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I'm curious why not? He's coached both offense and defense, he's been successful at both, he's a rocket scientist (seriously), he'd have access to a pretty nice pool of potential assistants, and he's a brilliant football tactician. What's not to like?

Edit: He'd also immediately have one of the more epic beards in SoCal.

He's been successful at NE, correct?

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Ya exactly. He should of drafted a qb instead of all the running backs he drafted and then released.

so a drafted QB would have lead us to the playoffs his first year? Bradford was hurt in the middle of the season the first year then in preseason after the draft. if Bradford was on this team this year we would be in the playoff hunt no problem. never heard fisher say Keenum would take us to the playoffs. we sure in hell weren't going to go to the playoffs with Clemens,hill or that scrub we had last year that couldn't throw 15yrds when he had to move his feet. I still don't see FA QB that you can name that would have taken this team to the playoffs. foles was the best option by far and he busted.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
What happened to the narrative that Fisher "discovered" Goff his sophomore year and had his eyes on him the whole time???

Now we're supposed to believe that Goff was a Snead pick and Fisher reluctantly went along? And that Goff is him getting "Vince Young'd" again???

Yeah... So not buying it. Fisher may be able to keep a secret here and there, but he's a terrible liar.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fisher CHOOSE to go into year 3 with a brittle Bradford. He got what he deserved for not addressing the position before that season. He also CHOOSE to go into year 4 with Foles as his qb.

Instead of drafting 10 different running backs over the years maybe he should of drafted a qb to develop. Just a thought.
I'm getting flashbacks.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
so a drafted QB would have lead us to the playoffs his first year? Bradford was hurt in the middle of the season the first year then in preseason after the draft. if Bradford was on this team this year we would be in the playoff hunt no problem. never heard fisher say Keenum would take us to the playoffs. we sure in hell weren't going to go to the playoffs with Clemens,hill or that scrub we had last year that couldn't throw 15yrds when he had to move his feet. I still don't see FA QB that you can name that would have taken this team to the playoffs. foles was the best option by far and he busted.

You're not getting it. He set the franchise back several years with his decision not to draft a young qb to develop. He waited until it was too late and now here we are in year 5 with a first year qb. Instead of drafting one early and letting him play/figure it out with little pressure/expectations filling in for an injured Bradford. He choose to sign career journeyman to backup Sam Brittleford who is/was an injury waiting to happen.

Bruce2980

Starter
So, after reading this latest condemnation of my favorite team, I started to wonder...

Why?

Why are the Rams being portrayed like this? The media (it's getting so that there are too many to name), famous ex-players...

Why do so many seem to have it out for the Rams? Any why now?

Seems we can't come here one day without some story (now most of them are national) about how dysfunctional the organization has become. This happened overnight? Who pissed them off?

Maddening...
There are many that have been calling for the firing of Fisher for at least a year now, and some thought that he should have been fired in Tenn. Fisher is fighting for his coaching life and he started by lashing out at Eric Dickerson. This is going to snow ball as Fisher is at the end of his NFL coaching career. He is going to throw everyone under the bus, players, already done multiple times, Snead, done, who's left? Stay tuned we will find out after the team continues to implode on the field this week against Atlanta.
So, after reading this latest condemnation of my favorite team, I started to wonder...

Why?

Why are the Rams being portrayed like this? The media (it's getting so that there are too many to name), famous ex-players...

Why do so many seem to have it out for the Rams? Any why now?

Seems we can't come here one day without some story (now most of them are national) about how dysfunctional the organization has become. This happened overnight? Who pissed them off?

Maddening...
This didn't just start happening. Try researching "fire Fisher," it's been going on for years from some in the media. Who pissed them off? Fisher did, he pisses a lot of people off. Try Vince young and Eric Dickerson, Snead, and a lot of Rams fans including me, not to mention many NFL pundits and former NFL players.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The Bradford for Foles trade was a failure by Fisher and Snead and should not be held as a reason to excuse Fisher's and Snead's inability to build and coach up a roster.
True enough. And in looking around the league, is it the norm to have far better results? Or is it that a few teams have done it or maintained it and damn it - we should be one of them. We certainly should be one of them - said every fan in existence.

So it's not their fault - they shouldn't be held accountable - because their personnel decisions backfired on them?
Of course they should be held accountable. Are there reasons that might indicate they are not QUITE as bad as the fans want to say? I can see several but then in the grand scheme of things, they are no better than excuses for losing.

I get that Fisher and Snead have had what would appear to be plenty of time. I even agree with that idea. But I find it a hard sell that he has been the worst thing since burnt toast (which for some reason my uncle loves). I also find it a hard sell that if he is indeed back as our HC that Stan and KD have simply ignored what the fans all see. I find it at least as hard a sell that 90% of the coaching candidates I have seen bandied about would be better than what we have or that they haven't been looked at as a possible replacement.

It's going to be what it's going to be. If Fisher is on the sidelines next season, I will simply hope that he, his players, and his coaches have figured something out that they clearly have not demonstrated to this point. And that something appears to me to be how to make those 5 to 10 plays that winning teams make with pretty good regularity.

Right? That whole time I was expecting him to get in front of the mics and say, "Nope. Can't win with this guy. I'm going to be straight up with you guys. We haven't got a snowball's chance in hell if this guy is throwing the ball for us."

We act as if not only were there a bunch of can't miss QBs in the draft over the past 5 years but also that there were a bunch of FAs that would have been massive upgrades.

I agree that Winston and Marriota looked to be the real deal but honestly, the jury is still out on both of them. And I don't think ANYONE suggested we should have traded what it would have taken to get either of them at that point in time. Garroppolo has no where near the play time to give him a grade. David Carr's little brother was considered a reach when Oakland drafted him (Fresno State doesn't exactly play a bunch of great teams) but looks to be pretty good.

How many franchise QBs have hit the market? Osweiller? Seriously? I'd take Case over him all things considered. All you have to do is look at Shaun Hill and realize he is still a 2nd string QB to realize how seriously pathetic the FA market has been for QBs.

Bottom line: I'm not going to agree with the idea that Fisher is our worst option no matter how popular the thought. I would like to see us try something new but I'm not going to spend a huge amount of energy blasting the guy or the franchise for resigning him. And I'm certainly not going to let virtually every post I make here be about the subject.

Go Rams!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
What happened to the narrative that Fisher "discovered" Goff his sophomore year and had his eyes on him the whole time???

Now we're supposed to believe that Goff was a Snead pick and Fisher reluctantly went along? And that Goff is him getting "Vince Young'd" again???

Yeah... So not buying it. Fisher may be able to keep a secret here and there, but he's a terrible liar.
Wait. I missed the memo that had Fisher saying the Goff pick was against his wishes.