Judge nullifies Brady's 4-game suspension

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
0.jpg

The Fall Guys:

Jim-McNally-John-Jastremski-headshots-0506-jpg.jpg

markstewart67

Rookie
The N.E. Cheaters remind me of OJ....I bet they could get away with murder too. Must be nice to be the darlings of the league. This to me is just unreal. The Cheaters MAY have just topped S.F. as my most hated team!! Never mind.....I just cringed when I thought of hating someone more than the Whiners. Both teams make me sick to my stomach!! :sick::sick:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm sick to my stomach. I had an inner feeling that he wouldn't serve a single game (with him being the league's Golden Boy, and all), but it still makes me sick that this pathetic excuse for a team is not being disbanded. It's a joke. It's a sick joke.

If you're wondering why I'm not swearing, it's because every word I just said would be accompanied by at least twelve swears in between.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Actually, this could turn out really well. Can you imagine if Brady's suspension gets instituted in week 12 or later. It ain't over folks.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
This shouldn't be a big shock, a lot of experts predicted it. There wasn't any real evbidence so in A COURT OF LAW no punishment can be meted out. That's why Brady destroyed his phone. It was the only link. But you can't prove there was anything on it. So a judge has to follow the law, whereas Goodell doesn't, he can mete out justice if he believes there was wrongdoing.

As soon as this was heading to court you knew this would happen. A judge can't punish someone for what the judge thinks that person did, or what he/she suspects that he did. There has to be EVIDENCE.

Honestly how can anyone be surprised by this? It's (thankfully) how the legal system works.

Now I wonder what the Patriots are going to say about the million bucks and lost draft picks.

ram007

Starter
This issue is longer about deflated footballs. NFLPA turned this case about fairness of appeals and standardisation in applying rules. To NFL and commissioner this loss is a mortal blow. That's why they are appealing. It's for survival of NFL office to discipline players.

Will your CEO survive if he loses 5 out of 5 times in a labor disputes in court? How is this commissioner still have a job?

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
The Rams need to start making playoff appearances and winning Superbowls again because that's the only thing that will keep my interest alive for NFL football.

ram007

Starter
What is unbelievable is commissioner made Brady a likable guy to most NFL players. SMH

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I just would like everyone to think about...how the legal system can be twisted for the rich and famous...how certain individuals appear "innocent until proven..." and how some can appear "guilty until proven...". And how it relates to REAL life situations...not deflated footballs. That said, 4 games for deflated footballs is too much. Prove he lied about it...release some statements...Goodell should have never wanted complete and ultimate power in these matters...His decisions/rulings/punishments are clearly swayed by public opinion...He wanted to punish Tom...it showed...He does this on most of these cases...I think his last 5 rulings, when taken to an independent arbitrator/judge, have been overruled...

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I'm surprised anyone is actually surprised by this ruling. Unfortunately the court of law isn't run my hunches and basic common sense. You need evidence. Brady destroyed it so the judge had no other choice. This was the only outcome that would happen once this went to court. They cheated but no one can actually prove it unless a witness comes forward now.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
So this ruling isn't a matter of Brady cheating or not, its a matter of how the NFL handled the situation?

I know some people are going to play the "clean card" with Brady, but does this ruling really mean that?

Pretty much yeah. The judge never said Brady didn't do it. That wasn't the point. The point was what the League and players association have agreed as being due process wasn't properly followed. Pretty stupid all round really.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
The Rams need to start making playoff appearances and winning Superbowls again because that's the only thing that will keep my interest alive for NFL football.
Well, that and a move to LA will keep my interest. Otherwise, I agree, I'm not really that interested in the NFL any longer.

Last edited:

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Well, than and a move to LA will keep my interest. Otherwise, I agree, I'm not really that interested in the NFL any longer.
Yea? Try looking at it from my perspective for a moment... #hangingonbyathread

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
He better be glad they're playing in Gillette tonight. If he just shows his face on the jumbotron, a flaming circus will ensue.
But if they were playing in NY tonight.... mercy, I can imagine the crowd erupting in boos everytime his face is shown. With just over a week left until game #1, I don't imagine this will die down by then.