Judge nullifies Brady's 4-game suspension

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He better be glad they're playing in Gillette tonight. If he just shows his face on the jumbotron, a flaming circus will ensue.
But if they were playing in NY tonight.... mercy, I can imagine the crowd erupting in boos everytime his face is shown. With just over a week left until game #1, I don't imagine this will die down by then.
Well, not that it matters much... but, in the court of public opinion, he still lost.

Gotta figure he'll get booed out of every stadium they play in this year.

Again, not that it'll bother him... both him and his coach are devoid of any conscience.

iced

really shocked by this - had this been a criminal court, i would be surprised if they weren't found guilty seeing as they like to use someone's 'record' against one..

And the Patriot's staff have a long record of cheating (McDaniels,Brady, belicheat)

ram007

Starter
Well, not that it matters much... but, in the court of public opinion, he still lost.

Gotta figure he'll get booed out of every stadium they play in this year.

Again, not that it'll bother him... both him and his coach are devoid of any conscience.

The commissioner made Brady a sympathetic figure. Shit shit!

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
It's like the little douchebag kid at school who gets in trouble, then cries to Mommy and Daddy so they can talk to the principal and get the teacher in trouble. Fuck the Pats. I hope Brady gets clobbered game 1, first series.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The commissioner made Brady a sympathetic figure. crap crap!
Who said that?

I have to figure a large majority of NFL fans "know" what happened....

AND DON'T LIKE IT! :mad:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Yea? Try looking at it from my perspective for a moment... #hangingonbyathread
I lived thru your perspective... twice. Once with the move from the LA Coliseum to Anaheim, and then again from Anaheim to StL. It sucks.... I know. I feel very bad for StL fans.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
As much as I hate it I think it had more to do with the NFL not being clear on the reason behind the suspension...was it for actually cheating...was it for interfering/lack of cooperation....

I think that it was about the fact the NFL needs to put something down to explain the decision on the suspension than that they couldn't do it. Actually this is reoccurring theme in law cases - we they do not seem to like to overrule you if you have a reason (any reason) but if you just toss it out there and say "cuss" with nothing backing it up they will smack you down.
In other words, the NFL with Roger Goodhell running it, wouldn't know how to present a case to save it's life. That is a pretty basic rule that they either ignored or felt they didn't need to follow.

bluecoconuts

Legend
So this ruling isn't a matter of Brady cheating or not, its a matter of how the NFL handled the situation?

I know some people are going to play the "clean card" with Brady, but does this ruling really mean that?

No, it means the NFL didn't cross their T's and dot their I's. Its similar to when someone gets a case thrown out because the police didn't have a warrant to search where they did, and the evidence had to be removed from the case. When you don't follow the book exactly, it's hard to make things stick.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Funny... I was always under the (false as it turns out) impression that Goodell was a lawyer.

Just looked it up and he went to Washington & Jefferson College in PA (near Pittsburgh). Seems to have a good reputation... but it's not like he went to Harvard or anything.

I dunno... sorta surprised me.

Just another useless fact brought to you by RMFNLT.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Funny... I was always under the (false as it turns out) impression that Goodell was a lawyer.

Just looked it up and he went to Washington & Jefferson College in PA (near Pittsburgh). Seems to have a good reputation... but it's not like he went to Harvard or anything.

He's the son of a NY Senator :p

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I just would like everyone to think about...how the legal system can be twisted for the rich and famous...how certain individuals appear "innocent until proven..." and how some can appear "guilty until proven...". And how it relates to REAL life situations...not deflated footballs.
Must have missed it. Which side was the rich and famous and which was the downtrodden?

Thought so too. I know daddy was a NY Senator and attorney. I think that is where he gleaned his power.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
The only good thing is after Sunday night, we won't have to listen to NFLN, espn, CBS, FOX, NBC, treat this as the only topic for discussion/debate. Until then, it will be the most talked/debated topic for everyone to chime in their opinion. I'm of the opinion if Goodell would have issued a 1-2 game suspension, it would have never gotten to this point. But he went "all-in" and lost. Roger, its time to lick your wounds, and get back to work. It's over, done, finished, and if he actually files an appeal, he will look even worse than he does now. Let it go Roger!

Let's get the season going! Go RAMS!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

http://www.naturalnews.com/036112_sociopaths_cults_influence.html

8 signs for spotting a sociopath

LyYFUAH.jpg

#1) Sociopaths are charming. Sociopaths have high charisma and tend to attract a following just because people want to be around them. They have a "glow" about them that attracts people who typically seek guidance or direction. They often appear to be sexy or have a strong sexual attraction. Not all sexy people are sociopaths, obviously, but watch out for over-the-top sexual appetites and weird fetishes.

#2) Sociopaths are more spontaneous and intense than other people. They tend to do bizarre, sometimes erratic things that most regular people wouldn't do. They are unbound by normal social contracts. Their behavior often seems irrational or extremely risky.

#3) Sociopaths are incapable of feeling shame, guilt or remorse. Their brains simply lack the circuitry to process such emotions. This allows them to betray people, threaten people or harm people without giving it a second thought. They pursue any action that serves their own self interest even if it seriously harms others. This is why you will find many very "successful" sociopaths in high levels of government, in any nation.

#4) Sociopaths invent outrageous lies about their experiences. They wildly exaggerate things to the point of absurdity, but when they describe it to you in a storytelling format, for some reason it sounds believable at the time.

#5) Sociopaths seek to dominate others and "win" at all costs. They hate to lose any argument or fight and will viciously defend their web of lies, even to the point of logical absurdity.

#6) Sociopaths tend to be highly intelligent, but they use their brainpower to deceive others rather than empower them. Their high IQs often makes them dangerous. This is why many of the best-known serial killers who successfully evaded law enforcement were sociopaths.

#7) Sociopaths never apologize. They are never wrong. They never feel guilt. They can never apologize. Even if shown proof that they were wrong, they will refuse to apologize and instead go on the attack.

#8) Sociopaths are delusional and literally believe that what they say becomes truth merely because they say it!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I lived thru your perspective... twice. Once with the move from the LA Coliseum to Anaheim, and then again from Anaheim to StL. It sucks.... I know. I feel very bad for StL fans.
And we can end this derailment here - right?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
This is just a case of one Good ol boys club trumping another Good ol boys club.
Facts, due process and investigation had nothing to do with it.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just don't get it..

For years people complained that the NFL loves the Patriots. Now the NFL goes after them, and at the end of this, people are acting like the NFL conspired to get him off.

Here are the facts:

1. The NFL went after the Patriots and Brady, meaning they are no longer the "favorite child" (if they were in the first place)

2. A third party judge, with no bias either way, determined that the NFL shouldn't have suspended Brady - this would be like if your company tried to illegally do something to you and took them to court. This judge determined that the NFL didn't have grounds to suspend Brady - this is justice at work - IT'S A GOOD THING THAT BRADY WON'T BE SUSPENDED. If this were you and your company did something that they shouldn't have, you would want justice to prevail too.

Success breeds envy; it's long past time to let all this jealousy go - the Patriots didn't cheat to beat the Seahawks in the superbowl. They are a great team. Brady is a great player. Others have pointed out that the era of great QBs may be coming to an end, with most of the upper echelon QBs set to retire in a few years. Let's enjoy watching one of the greatest ever (while simultaneously hoping they lose).....but there's a fine line between hoping they lose every game (as I do), and wishing injury or just being so bitter about nothing. Because that's what this whole deflategate has been - NOTHING. You really don't think any other QBs inflate/deflate footballs? If you acknowledge they probably do (you'd be lying to yourself if you didn't), then you also agree that he shouldn't have been suspended in the first place.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Let's see if the Pats can repeal their revoked 2016 1st round draft pick. Also expect a lot of dirty hits against Brady this season.

ram007

Starter
I believe Patriots did doctor the Footballs. So the league decided to catch Patriots red handed and let millions of audience watch an NFL playoff game with their full knowledge that footballs may be doctored? Is this the "integrity" commissioner is referring to.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At least the NFL fought it. But as we all said from the beginning, the two low level employees were scapegoated (they're both suspended indefinitely) while the higher ups walk.