Jared Freakin Goff! (Poll)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Grade Goff's performance today

• A

• B

• C

• D

• F

• When did Keenum get benched?

Results are only viewable after voting.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Goff will be fine with a new O-line, head coach and game plan to go along with it. Now the Rams just need to find a way to keep him upright as the end of another disastrous Fisher season comes to an unmerciful end.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I think he looked really good. I mean in context. On the road in a loud and hostile environment. He showed good movement in the pocket for the most part. EVERY QB gets sacked. He seemed to go thru his reads and progressions on most of the plays. He made the rookie mistakes that a rookie is going to make, especially with below average OL play and a running game that is almost non-existent. But he showed poise and confidence even during the times of distress. I think he is going to be just fine ... but we GOT to fix that OL and we must learn how to call plays better.

This game was by no means on Goff. kid did the best he could, IMHO.

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
Goff isn't the problem. It's the plays they have drawn up for him over all. The team philosophy. Our first clue could be the simple fact that Gurley keeps getting stuffed into the middle without a hole to be found,,,, or crossing routes 5 yards short of the sticks. .

Such a drag to watch but,,, I feel a change of weather in the wind.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
He was great. I have him an "A".

Probably a "B" performance after a few years under his belt. :sneaky:

Zodi

Hall of Fame
I was very happy with what I saw from Goff. He missed some throws, but man, he made some throws we haven't seen as Rams fans since Marc Bulger imo.

Glad to see him hit Austin on an actual route.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Goff will be fine with a new O-line, head coach and game plan to go along with it. Now the Rams just need to find a way to keep him upright as the end of another disastrous Fisher season comes to an unmerciful end.
So you graded him with a "D" because...?
Just curious.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
I think he looked really good. I mean in context. On the road in a loud and hostile environment. He showed good movement in the pocket for the most part. EVERY QB gets sacked. He seemed to go thru his reads and progressions on most of the plays. He made the rookie mistakes that a rookie is going to make, especially with below average OL play and a running game that is almost non-existent. But he showed poise and confidence even during the times of distress. I think he is going to be just fine ... but we GOT to fix that OL and we must learn how to call plays better.

This game was by no means on Goff. kid did the best he could, IMHO.

yeah he got no help from boras. should have run some screens,moved the pocket(roll goff out) and done some quick slants. would have helped goff and the ol.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I voted "A" only because B+ was unavailable. He looked good. Very encouraging for the future.

It's still hard to give him a grade in the A range when he at times held the ball too long, threw an interception (even if it his Kendricks in the hands before being snatched away), and missed a few easy throws (e.g. Britt at the sideline wide open for a big gain).

But on the whole, very encouraging! He is playing great for a rookie.

He continues to look cool under the pressure of opposing pass rushes which is HUGE and the reason I wanted him over Wentz - the ability to deal with pressure.

Gurley looked good the few times he got carries and finally had some holes. It's a shame we had to abandon the run game because of the score. With Goff making throws and the ability to push things downfield, I am optimistic things are going to keep opening up for Gurley. We also saw the holes there early vs Miami... until the realized we were going to only throw short passes with Goff, just like we did with Keenum.

Last edited:

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Not sure why there are shots at Case Keenum here, dude gave it his all during his time here.

Everyone knew Jared is and will be the future, but what everyone didn't and still doesn't know is how he was progressing from camp to last week. And based on today, it seems he's progressed well. Credit has to go to the coaches in preparing him. Jared Goff didn't just come in and magically do everything on his own.

To be honest both Goff and Mannion looked better than Keenum in TC, they did hold the ball longer than Keenum and maybe that is what Fisher based his decision on.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Imagine Jared Goff with the 2006 version of Tory Holt? Daaaaaaammn!:rockon:

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
So you graded him with a "D" because...?
Just curious.
He fumbled the ball inside the 20 and threw a pick and he is not just a second stringer, He is our starter and he was the #1 overall draft pick and should be playing better. But he showed moments of greatness. The drive at the end of the half was one of them. But I also must say we won't see the real Goff and what he can do until there are big changes made with the team. If he were just the backup and came in the game cold he would have gotten a C or B- from me.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
To be honest both Goff and Mannion looked better than Keenum in TC, they did hold the ball longer than Keenum and maybe that is what Fisher based his decision on.

I highly doubt that.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Somewhere, the Dude reacts to THE GOFF

A55VA6

Legend
I think Goff looked great, considering the circumstances. 2nd start, on the road, loud dome, lots of pressure from Saints D... he did a very good job. Seems like nothing bothers him.

The fumble is whatever, shit happens. The INT was just Goff believing he could fit it in there and the defender ripped it out of Kendricks hands. I gave Goff a B because of the turnovers and a few throws sailed on him. Overall though, he played well enough to win but the defense had no answers for the Saints.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I gave him an "A"
Hostile environment, no defensive support, couldn't utilize the run game. Made a couple mistakes but i saw a heady QB out there with a gun for an arm. NICE
I went "B" only because of the wide open receiver overthrow that got away from him. My heart says "A" my eyes say "B", but regardless, there is a lot to be happy about going forward with Goff.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://theringer.com/vontaze-burfi...llie-snead-nfl-week-12-b7dbcc4c1a4#.fpjmhn11o

Winner: Jared Goff, Big Enough to Fail
Sam Schube: For a moment there, it was all going Jared Goff’s way. The Rams QB tossed three first-half touchdowns against the Saints, a mix of quick reads, 18-yard outs, and other assorted Professional Quarterback Throws. Rams fans — the #MobSquad — had reason to feel excited.

Because it’s been a trying rookie season for Goff: he frowned his way through the preseason, spent 10 weeks sitting behind Case Keenum, and made a wet fart of a debut in last week’s loss to the Dolphins. A Google image search for Goff yields a treasure trove of “I could have been an agent instead” faces:

0*ABGo0ohj7rmuSs2u.

So a single half of competent QB play was enough to get people excited. Maybe the Rams had drafted the right player. Maybe Goff was the perfect (weird) face for an L.A. franchise.

And then the Saints went on a 42–7 run.

After a 167-yard, three-TD first half, Goff put up 47 yards and an interception in the second as the Rams continued their march to 7–9. Toward the end of the first half, the commentators quoted Goff as saying: “I feel like the starting quarterback.” Then he fumbled the ball away deep in his own territory. But Jared Goff — third-string no. 1 pick, maker of bad faces, fumbler of footballs — feels like the starter. It’s a start.