I Got Ram Surprised Big Time... with Pics (Now Working)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
We have a lot in common bro- nearly 50, live in FLa all my life (from KW - live in Islamorada) and Life long Rams fan. funny
@tbux : I didn't know you lived in Islamorada. I'm in Key Largo (again). Where do you watch games during the season?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I turned the Big 5-0 exactly a month ago today. I was down in the Keys for a few weeks and I had no idea that some of my friends were going to show up and surprise me. Several days into our trip... the wife and I came back to the house from fishing and this is the huge banner I see hanging from the ceiling. I don't even notice my mug shot or the Ram helmet on the banner... I just yell to my wife - "Someone has been in the house!".

20170621_163252.jpg

Soon after that my friends come running out of the back bedrooms and surprise me. The crazy thing was not just that they all came down and I didn't have any idea... the crazy thing was that they were all wearing Ram hats as they surprised me. One of them is a whiner fan from San Fran,,, I told him that I would never wear a whiner anything and that I was very impressed.

20170621_224219.jpg

I thought that the surprises were over, but I was wrong. Two days later I wake up to everyone over at the house and they are all wearing these crazy salmon colored shirts (one for me too). We all went to Key West and partied all day and into the night wearing these things. @Ramrasta is on the far left.

20170623_130725.jpg

I'll post a pic of the back of these shirts next... which is Ram funny as hell. The story behind it is a result of this site.
Great Stuff Selassie, makes me wish I where their!(y):D Ramrasta Looks Like he would be the Tallest one of the Bunch, If he where standing up straight!:LOL:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He lied about my name.

And he liked the pink vodka shot I got him.

It was about 4 and a half years ago. Jacks is the name of the bar.

I could barely function the next day. I was kinda ticked at myself for drinking like that. And not banging the one chick too, I missed out there.

I should also mention what happened after my friend tried his best to embarrass me with the "Blind Date with Ram Fan 69" business at every stop that day.

People were fascinated. I had lots of people coming up to me saying how cool it was that I was able to do that. People I didn't even know we're begging me to tell them all the details... they loved it. So it backfired big time on my buddy LOL.

Point of all that... Guys, if you get a chance to meet other members here in person... don't miss out on that opportunity!

Over the years I've had the chance to meet a whole shit load of you guys in person. It's always a great time.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I should also mention what happened after my friend tried his best to embarrass me with the "Blind Date with Ram Fan 69" business at every stop that day.

People were fascinated. I had lots of people coming up to me saying how cool it was that I was able to do that. People I didn't even know we're begging me to tell them all the details... they loved it. So it backfired big time on my buddy LOL.

Point of all that... Guys, if you get a chance to meet other members here in person... don't miss out on that opportunity!

Over the years I've had the chance to meet a whole crap load of you guys in person. It's always a great time.

I've had the chance to meet guys from here and from the Herd and it's always a great experience.

Let me know when you are here again.........Monica and I will meet you guys for a drink.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Happy birthday, @Selassie I ! From those pictures (which I can see now), it looks like you enjoyed it.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I used to get TONS of flak for how much time I spent on the various Rams forums and especially ROD because once I found this place, it's just about the only Rams site I go to (mobile friendly!!!).

Brought my eldest daughter to a Rams game here in Tampa and hit the tailgate. Along with the best BBQ ever, we got to meet some of the best Rams fans around. My daughter was hitting those ribs so hard, I wanted to call her Rocky! (those were really some damn good ribs).

Once we got back, I had a new defender!

So definitely, if you get the chance, meet as many ROD members as you can.

And again, Happy 50th, Selassie. I'm not very far behind you and you make 50 look fun!!!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I used to get TONS of flak for how much time I spent on the various Rams forums and especially ROD because once I found this place, it's just about the only Rams site I go to (mobile friendly!!!).

Brought my eldest daughter to a Rams game here in Tampa and hit the tailgate. Along with the best BBQ ever, we got to meet some of the best Rams fans around. My daughter was hitting those ribs so hard, I wanted to call her Rocky! (those were really some damn good ribs).

Once we got back, I had a new defender!

So definitely, if you get the chance, meet as many ROD members as you can.

And again, Happy 50th, Selassie. I'm not very far behind you and you make 50 look fun!!!

Those ribs...

I used @RamFan503 's rib rub for those. I think he calls that one "Hog Wired". Best that I've ever been able to find. Hopefully I can still get some more of that @RamFan503 ???... I'm nearly.

But to be clear... My butcher has some killer baby backs... and my green egg can smoke em up right. Stu was sleeping like a baby when I cooked those ribs you speak of.

(y)

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
@Mackeyser

I expect to see your "young" ass in Jax this year. I wanna see the DOB on your DL too. :snicker:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Those ribs...

I used @RamFan503 's rib rub for those. I think he calls that one "Hog Wired". Best that I've ever been able to find. Hopefully I can still get some more of that @RamFan503 ???... I'm nearly.

But to be clear... My butcher has some killer baby backs... and my green egg can smoke em up right. Stu was sleeping like a baby when I cooked those ribs you speak of.

(y)

Those ribs were delicious! I know pizza, corned beef (believe it or not CLE is 2nd only to NY for deli), wings and ribs. I used to eat all of those things a lot when I was younger. Now it's a rare treat and I go to a specific place for each thing because I know I will get it done right, except for the corned beef because the deli in SWFL is for shit. I wish I could have those ribs the one time a year I eat them.

But listen to me my man..........you need to know that Stu's best has got to be his steak seasoning. It's so fantastic.

The first time I had it after a few bites of some good Angus beef I realized I hadn't tasted anything quite like it before. Usually when you try a sauce or rub or dressing you can say "oh it tastes like (insert something) but a little different", there is a point of comparison. His steak seasoning doesn't taste like anything I've ever had, it's amazing and there is nothing like it.

I have used a light dusting of it on hash browns as they cooked in the pan and it's really good and I have mixed a little bit in hamburger meat before forming the patties.

Awesome!!!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Those ribs were delicious! I know pizza, corned beef (believe it or not CLE is 2nd only to NY for deli), wings and ribs. I used to eat all of those things a lot when I was younger. Now it's a rare treat and I go to a specific place for each thing because I know I will get it done right, except for the corned beef because the deli in SWFL is for crap. I wish I could have those ribs the one time a year I eat them.

But listen to me my man..........you need to know that Stu's best has got to be his steak seasoning. It's so fantastic.

The first time I had it after a few bites of some good Angus beef I realized I hadn't tasted anything quite like it before. Usually when you try a sauce or rub or dressing you can say "oh it tastes like (insert something) but a little different", there is a point of comparison. His steak seasoning doesn't taste like anything I've ever had, it's amazing and there is nothing like it.

I have used a light dusting of it on hash browns as they cooked in the pan and it's really good and I have mixed a little bit in hamburger meat before forming the patties.

Awesome!!!

There's only one problem with his steak seasoning for me... I don't eat red meat (beef). I stopped eating it about 20 years ago. I love it... but it bogs down my metabolism big time.

I do make killer steaks for my boys though... and I've used his steak seasoning for that. I just never asked him for much of that since I don't make steaks as often as I would otherwise.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
There's only one problem with his steak seasoning for me... I don't eat red meat (beef). I stopped eating it about 20 years ago. I love it... but it bogs down my metabolism big time.

I do make killer steaks for my boys though... and I've used his steak seasoning for that. I just never asked him for much of that since I don't make steaks as often as I would otherwise.

I can't live without red meat. In fact if I go a few days without I crave it.

I'm overdue for some wings though now that I think about it.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Those ribs...

(y)
Oh Yes! Sauce From the House of ....

PigFeathers Logo Right.jpg

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy

Any BBQ Marlin secrets? Love me some Marlin

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Any BBQ Marlin secrets? Love me some Marlin

It is good. Used to eat it all the time back in Hawaii. The sports fisherman kinda frown on not releasing them here in FL.

It's a great fish for smoking. Obviously lots and lots of meat.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
@Mackeyser

I expect to see your "young" ass in Jax this year. I wanna see the DOB on your DL too. :snicker:

That's the plan, brother.

If I got any money after patching the roof, I'm there. You know how the family gets... they expect food AND to stay dry...damn lightweights... :LOL:

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I can't live without red meat. In fact if I go a few days without I crave it.

I'm overdue for some wings though now that I think about it.

LOL, wings are chicken, foo.

If someone's selling you beef wings, I'm not sure you wanna know what color the meat is...hahaha!!!