HC options

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
But Quick was a Snead pick. It was a terribly botched pick. If Snead was the driving force behind the Tavon trade, the that's a failure. Tavon has developed into a nice player, but he isn't worth giving what we did to get him. He is a gimmick player. Robinson at 2 is looking like a blunder as well. You can't miss with the second overall pick in an absolutely loaded draft class.
So our only good offense player is a bust? And the guy who just looked good when Foles could finally get him the ball? Why are we blaming the guys who don't suck in lieu of blaming who deserve it?

Quick has been open for the past 3 games and Foles refuses to hit him, what is he supposed to do, throw it to himself?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Fisher is responsible for his offensive coaches and for his poor offense. Most coaches get fired after 3 losing seasons. Fisher is on his way to 4 in a row.

His players must execute. PERIOD. The plays are there, they are missed.

Frogbelly

Rookie
Name
Frogbelly
Does he bring Cutler with him?
Who knows. Maybe Jeffrey too. I think Fisher is holding the O down. But a qb is a must. Hire Martz as a consultant. He can find qb's and doesn't take forever to develop them

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So our only good offense player is a bust? And the guy who just looked good when Foles could finally get him the ball? Why are we blaming the guys who don't suck in lieu of blaming who deserve it?

Quick has been open for the past 3 games and Foles refuses to hit him, what is he supposed to do, throw it to himself?
No where did I say Austin was bust. I just trading up for an undersized gadget player looks like a big mistake considering there were much better true WRs out there. It's totally hindsight on my part because I supported the move up.

adaystl3

UDFA
Name
ADSTL03
You know Fish, the last few years have been fun. I was damaged goods from past relationships, and while you excite me and all...I just can't climax with you. I mean sometimes I really think I am going to but it just doesn't happen with you.

With that said if you can:

A) By a miracle, take me to the dance this year

or

B) Bring another body into the relationship and let them take control of the offense, someone who can get me more vertical:sneaky:(insert accurate QB here and possibly an OC with a better offensive gameplan/passing attack)

...then maybe I will reconsider dumping you and like Al Green says 'Lets Stay Together'...

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
No where did I say Austin was bust. I just trading up for an undersized gadget player looks like a big mistake considering there were much better true WRs out there. It's totally hindsight on my part because I supported the move up.
Why is it a mistake? We could very easily get better true WRs right now, and we still don't know what we have in Quick because we still don't have a QB to hit him consistently.

Austin is the only damn thing keeping us in the games lately, and mostly that from winning in despite of Foles. How much more terrible would we look with a guy who solely has to rely on Foles?

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
The ineptitude and lack of coaching of this offense is unbelievable! There is no excuse!
And now the defense is wearing out. Get ready for 5 and 11 at the best.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Then you'll be complaining for all offense, no defense.
but man, you are acting as though this a knee jerk reaction...How many years would give Fisher to create a winner, when the norm is 3 years?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
but man, you are acting as though this a knee jerk reaction...How many years would give Fisher to create a winner, when the norm is 3 years?

It absolutely is a knee jerk reaction. Why weren't "fire Fisher" threads around 2 weeks ago and last week? And anytime someone says the last couple seasons the he lost his starting QBs, OL injuries, defensive injuries, etc. as valid reasons, it's labeled off as that stupid e word.

What makes you think if the majority of this roster that will be back next year, continues to not play to their potential that a new guy can immediately come in and fix it? It won't work.

You may not agree with his in game calls, his style of coaching, or even his nonchalant attitude, but the man in the headset can only do so much. Receivers have to catch the balls. The QB can't throw the ball too high. Defenders can't be sloppy tacklers.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I know Fisher has his limitations. The NFL made it a point today to let the Rams know that aggressive, hard hitting football is not the new NFL. It was clear they had one hand on the flags every snap and they were not paying attention to anything the Bears did. Its disappointing that traditional football is becoming a thing of the past. But it is what it is now and the only way to win with that is to adjust. But Fisher is not the guy who can do that. He only knows one way to coach.

But I'm also skeptical of the 3 or 4 year coaching carousel. We've been doing that the past decade and it hasn't worked out so far. So what do you do? Stick with a guy that will likely never have a 3 win season, but likely have very few winning seasons? He's a 7 win coach. Simple as that. Once in a while he'll have a good season and win 10 or more and once in a while he'll have a bad season and win 4 or 5. But I don't see annual playoff pushes and a Superbowl in a future that would include Jeff Fisher.

This season is out the window. Thinking we could be a playoff team is a distant memory. What would it hurt to start Keenum? Foles is not going to get it done. What you see out of him now is all you're going to see. He's as good as he'll ever get. He's a backup caliber quarterback. And not very good at that either.

But Fisher is stubborn. Although they're realistically eliminated, they're not mathematically eliminated. He probably thinks starting Keenum would send a bad message. That he's throwing in the towel. But in reality, starting Keenum would give the fan base some hope that it ain't over. With Foles, it definitely is over.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
It absolutely is a knee jerk reaction. Why weren't "fire Fisher" threads around 2 weeks ago and last week?
Because he had us in position to get into the playoffs, and now by his teams poor effort and his bad coaching we have made our road to the playoffs almost impossible by dropping very winnable games? It's not exactly a hard conclusion to make. Good for him to have them in the position in the first place, but am I supposed to give him a participation ribbon when he flummoxed that away?

4 years of the same thing, how many times can a man have his team doing the exact same thing and then have it all put on somebody who isn't him? We'd drop just about everything, turned this team over massively and yet the only thing that remains is inconsistent play, poor player evaluation and the inability to change anything up when it's obvious it's not working.

And this isn't exactly a new thing, this is Fisher's M.O. for years and part of why the Titans finally parted way with him, were they just knee jerk reacting?

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It absolutely is a knee jerk reaction. Why weren't "fire Fisher" threads around 2 weeks ago and last week? And anytime someone says the last couple seasons the he lost his starting QBs, OL injuries, defensive injuries, etc. as valid reasons, it's labeled off as that stupid e word.

What makes you think if the majority of this roster that will be back next year, continues to not play to their potential that a new guy can immediately come in and fix it? It won't work.

You may not agree with his in game calls, his style of coaching, or even his nonchalant attitude, but the man in the headset can only do so much. Receivers have to catch the balls. The QB can't throw the ball too high. Defenders can't be sloppy tacklers.

I never started one because it seemed obvious to me that if a coach with ALL of the guys he and Snead picked aren't getting it together/talented it enough after 4 yrs (in some cases), it's the HC/GM's responsibility. We have one of the highest paid coaching staffs in the NFL and was supposed to be a great assett. Yet, the penalties we incur EVERY game is ridiculous. This is surely on the coaching staff after all of these years and no improvement whatsoever. Yes, the WR's have to catch the balls and the Oline has to block and the QB has to throw accurately. But then again, if they can't get it done, who's fault is it ultimately? Who chose them over others? Who has coached them? As for immediate results, who said that? I am looking for a consistent winner, and we are not getting that with Fisher Ball. I think it's absolutely correct to hold the those in charge, responsible for the teams performance after 4 years (which it will be at the end of the year). I am for keeping Fisher if he can finally achieve a winning season (9-7), but it's not looking that way right now,.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why is it a mistake? We could very easily get better true WRs right now, and we still don't know what we have in Quick because we still don't have a QB to hit him consistently.

Austin is the only damn thing keeping us in the games lately, and mostly that from winning in despite of Foles. How much more terrible would we look with a guy who solely has to rely on Foles?
I think about it every time I see Hopkins with another big game. Then again, who knows what the results would be if Hopkins came here and Tavon there. Hopkins might suck here like every other receiver and QB we have obtained. I think we need some new coaches.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler

Using your logic, no coach should ever be fired because it's not their fault, it's the players. Strange that the entire NFL doesn't work that way.

The NFL is a business and Head Coaches are subject to getting the job done just like we all are at our own jobs. If you can't get your players to do their job right then you should be replaced.........period. That is how it works!

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Using your logic, no coach should ever be fired because it's not their fault, it's the players. Strange that the entire NFL doesn't work that way.

The NFL is a business and Head Coaches are subject to getting the job done just like we all are at our own jobs. If you can't get your players to do their job right then you should be replaced.........period. That is how it works!
Seriously, we should applaud him for getting us in the position, but then when we fall out of said position it isn't his fault?

This isn't peewee league, we don't have to spare Fisher's feelings with participation ribbons. The guy didn't get it done once before and he got fired, and that was when he was in the place for 15 years, are we going to have to give him 15 more to realize he's not getting it done?

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Two things...

Snead is a definite keeper. Remember, he's tasked with finding talented players of the type that Fisher outlines. As such, he's done a terrific job. Light years ahead of anybody since at least Klosterman.

Second, if and when Fisher is fired, I sincerely hope they hire an up and comer to be our next HC. Please, no Cowher, Gruden, or their like. Their respective ships have sailed. We need younger, hungrier, and more imaginative thinkers.