HC options

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
I'm a Fisher guy, but sadly it looks like it's time to turn the page. He had 4 years and a bunch of resources to build the offense and hasn't. We are on our way to 4 losing seasons, that's a long rope to give a HC. That being said, who are our options? I like Stanford's David Shaw. His style fits our team and he has NFL ties.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Adam Gase just destroyed us as the OC of the Bears, and he is doing really well even despite a ton of WR injuries there. He would be one of my first interviews

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Adam Gase just destroyed us as the OC of the Bears, and he is doing really well even despite a ton of WR injuries there. He would be one of my first interviews
Does he bring Cutler with him?

FRO

Legend
I hope so. Hell, I'd give anything for Cutler right now. Both 2nds? Deal.
Sad that we are begging for Cutler. Gase has done a good job with him and may do well in developing a QB.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I do not think Fisher is going anywhere. Which is unfortunate, IMO. He has built a very strong defence. But that is all the man seems capable of. It is time to thank him for his time in St. Louis and move on.

To be fair, two seasons under Fisher's watch never had a chance. In a division as tough as the NFC West, I don't think many other teams would have finished .500 or better without their starting QBs, either. But the problem is that our offensive troubles run far deeper than just lacking a quality QB. The entire offensive side of the ball is a mess. It is rotten to the core. The fact Fisher has not been able to address this in 4 years has me ready to hand him the pink slip. If we were even on the cusp of doing something positive offensively I wouldn't be as upset.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Would we benefit from getting rid of Fisher? There were several years when Cincinnati wanted to get rid of Lewis, but his stability has really made that franchise strong.

FRO

Legend
Would we benefit from getting rid of Fisher? There were several years when Cincinnati wanted to get rid of Lewis, but his stability has really made that franchise strong.
Lewis had early success though, Fisher hasn't. 4 years and huge resources to fix the offense and it may be worse than it was in 2012.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Sad that we are begging for Cutler. Gase has done a good job with him and may do well in developing a QB.

If we got Gase at HC and managed to get Goff at QB...we'd actually possibly do something with all that potential.

Another question: if we move on from Fisher, do we keep Snead?

Athos

Legend
Lewis had early success though, Fisher hasn't. 4 years and huge resources to fix the offense and it may be worse than it was in 2012.

May be worse? I think it def is. And that's just impossible to think.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
What about Cowher? Lure him out of retirement. This team seems set up the way a guy like him coaches. I think he could take what is already here and improve upon it with relative ease. I would at least reach out to him to gauge his interest.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Before you clamor for getting rid of Jeff Fisher, think about this: 365 days from now, what happens if the Rams come off a tough loss like today? What happens if it's the 2nd in a row?

The same shit being said today said today, will be said then. Jeff Fisher isn't an idiot. He didn't sugarcoat it the past weeks and sure as hell likely won't this week. He knows the offense isn't playing well. But how many times must a team switch coaches when the players aren't holding up their end of the bargain? This is the pros, and players have to be held accountable unlike college. Jeff Fisher doesn't drop passes or overthrow receivers. Jeff Fisher doesn't miss tackles or make poor efforts in tackling. It won't matter who the guy in the headset is, he just calls the plays and makes decisions.

Sad that we are begging for Cutler.

Jay Cutler has never been a bad QB. He's throws some INTs but makes great plays too. He's tough as nails too. But 5 seconds of tv footage in 1 game and all of a sudden people say he doesn't care and has a bad attitude.

FRO

Legend
If we got Gase at HC and managed to get Goff at QB...we'd actually possibly do something with all that potential.

Another question: if we move on from Fisher, do we keep Snead?
Im on the fence with Snead. On one hand he has been our best drafter since Army/Vermiel. On the other hand the 2012 second round, trading up for Austin, and drafting Robinson at 2 is on his watch. He also picked Donald and Gurley.

FRO

Legend
Before you clamor for getting rid of Jeff Fisher, think about this: 365 days from now, what happens if the Rams come off a tough loss like today? What happens if it's the 2nd in a row?

The same crap being said today said today, will be said then. Jeff Fisher isn't an idiot. He didn't sugarcoat it the past weeks and sure as hell likely won't this week. He knows the offense isn't playing well. But how many times must a team switch coaches when the players aren't holding up their end of the bargain? This is the pros, and players have to be held accountable unlike college. Jeff Fisher doesn't drop passes or overthrow receivers. Jeff Fisher doesn't miss tackles or make poor efforts in tackling. It won't matter who the guy in the headset is, he just calls the plays and makes decisions.

Jay Cutler has never been a bad QB. He's throws some INTs but makes great plays too. He's tough as nails too. But 5 seconds of tv footage in 1 game and all of a sudden people say he doesn't care and has a bad attitude.
Fisher is responsible for his offensive coaches and for his poor offense. Most coaches get fired after 3 losing seasons. Fisher is on his way to 4 in a row.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
there's not much point in going too deep into the new HC conversation right now cus he's not going anywhere this second whether you're for or against him. but his QB decision for next week will definitely give ammunition for one side or the other in this discussion

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
Snead has done well, Fisher can't find an offense to save his life.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Yes! We would for sure benefit greatly, immediately! I'm not kidding.

FRO

Legend
Snead has done well, Fisher can't find an offense to save his life.
But Quick was a Snead pick. It was a terribly botched pick. If Snead was the driving force behind the Tavon trade, the that's a failure. Tavon has developed into a nice player, but he isn't worth giving what we did to get him. He is a gimmick player. Robinson at 2 is looking like a blunder as well. You can't miss with the second overall pick in an absolutely loaded draft class.

WvuIN02

Starter
Fisher has shown the inability to put together strong offenses for the entirety of his career. Outside of week 1, today was Nick Foles highest yardage total at 200 ....the past 7 have been under 200 yards passing.

That is ATROCIOUS, Foles has no mobility on top of horrible accuracy. And Fisher actively wanted this guy.

I'll tell you who the man the Rams need to pursue.

Asshole Face.

He's reportedly upset with the management situation for the Saints. He already won a SB with Gregg Williams and knows how to work with him. He knows offense, and could draft or find another QB who could work with his system. This team could win a SB under him, Im not so sure it can under Fisher.

Frogbelly

Rookie
Name
Frogbelly
Martz said that Gase is one of the best young offensive minds in the game today. I would love to have him here and keep Williams as our DC and leave him alone. Meaning don't mess with Williams D