Greg Cosell Scouting Reports

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I like how Greg doesn't feel the need to nitpick some of their games. All players have things they can work on. So him not listing those as negatives is interesting.

McConkey for example. He lists no weaknesses. I agree, but for the Rams selecting at 19 his size overall is part of that equation due to the quality of this class and the fact you can get guys with more size and length that also are excellent prospects.

Of course if I had to list wideouts as "McVay fits" then McConkey would be damn near at the top of that list. So it makes me wonder if maybe I'm putting too much emphasis on the classic X role we need and not enough on McVay simply preferring guys who are hyper intelligent and efficient in their routes.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can't be right! He likes some of the guys I like and they're supposedly not good enough for the Rams :D

Joking aside, yes that was a joke though he does like a couple guys I like a lot that others don't it happens :), Cosell does some good work and has a pretty good track record.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Can't be right! He likes some of the guys I like ...

It occurs to me that I have never seen you and Cosell in the same place, at the same time.
1712270632319.png

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
His review on Tanor Bartolini makes me wonder if he's the right backup for this new version of OL for McVay. I know a lot of us were interested in him but this just says no go to me for the Rams.

1712274312568.png

WestCoastRam

Legend
Great snag! Didn't realize he was doing this now. Say some of his videos on this but love that it's written up. He love Latu. If he's right, then he'd be the steal of the draft at 19 (if healthy)!!

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don’t rate their scouting but they attend the combine. In short, all teams like him and some have clean flags but if one or two teams pass early others might decide to play it conservative which could see him drop out of round one. A kind of stock market analogy. The article mentions he is playing well but has to overcome physical limitations as his neck and shoulders do not have much flexibility

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
His review on Tanor Bartolini makes me wonder if he's the right backup for this new version of OL for McVay. I know a lot of us were interested in him but this just says no go to me for the Rams.

View attachment 65097
The Rams aren’t going O’Line early unless for a LT & only if value is way there & or Alaric Jackson doesn’t resign.

Yes definite NO!! Either way

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Can't be right! He likes some of the guys I like and they're supposedly not good enough for the Rams :D

Joking aside, yes that was a joke though he does like a couple guys I like a lot that others don't it happens :), Cosell does some good work and has a pretty good track record.

L. Latu at the combine solidified himself. He is a guy The Rams will like & a perfect fit IMO.

He has that foot plant dare I say it ? Almost like a ??? I don’t dare & say Old Rams like Jack & Fred off the Edge. That’s fair enough,won’t go extreme.

Psycho_X

Legend
L. Latu at the combine solidified himself. He is a guy The Rams will like & a perfect fit IMO.

He has that foot plant dare I say it ? Almost like a ??? I don’t dare & say Old Rams like Jack & Fred off the Edge. That’s fair enough,won’t go extreme.
I was going to say Robert Quinn... Latu isn't as bendy as Quinn was with how low he could get around the edge but he's got the same speed. Latu seems better with his hands and strength though. Medical issues and how he'll hold up in the run game in the NFL are my only concerns.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I was going to say Robert Quinn... Latu isn't as bendy as Quinn was with how low he could get around the edge but he's got the same speed. Latu seems better with his hands and strength though. Medical issues and how he'll hold up in the run game in the NFL are my only concerns.
Look there's a lot to like about Latu but he's not even on the same planet as Quinn.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
I think he's not the athlete Quinn was but he does have good lean. Quinn and Myles Garrett have the best lean I have seen, but Latu does, too from what I've seen -- but those were elite guys. A cut above ---

My only issue is he slow plays some rushes and looks for like a 4-3 DE to me, than OLBer... not saying he can cover, saw him get a couple of picks but one was a tip and another a zone blitz... a little different animal.

If Rams take him I'd be fine with it ... I just would be curious to see if he can do a complete job. In any event he'd be an upgrade from Hoecht. And that is possibly something Rams are looking at, "yeah he's not ideal but his pass rush makes up for it and he's going to be a lot better than what we have" -- that kind of thinking.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I don’t rate their scouting but they attend the combine. In short, all teams like him and some have clean flags but if one or two teams pass early others might decide to play it conservative which could see him drop out of round one. A kind of stock market analogy. The article mentions he is playing well but has to overcome physical limitations as his neck and shoulders do not have much flexibility

Wow, if he were to actually slide to the 2nd round, we need to move heaven and earth to trade up and take him. Imagine a haul of Murphy and Latu to start off our draft. Even without the great AD, I think our pass rush is immediately improved.