Giants@Rams Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff might end up being worse than Keenum but at this point I'm ready to put him in there and find out.

IMO it's time to :

1. Fire Boudreau
2. Fire Fisher
3. Move Grob over to G
4. Move Saffold to LT
5. Trade TA for draft picks (3rd maybe ?)
6. Trade Gurley for draft picks or solid proven LT (I still think he's special but we have too many needs to justify his draft spot. We need draft picks for the new coach next year. Benny can get it done for now.)
7. Start Goff and figure out what we have before next years Free Agency Period and Draft

Let's not get rid of offensive talent before they play with Goff. Odds are that you won't replace them with picks.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I have no problem with the decision to start the season with Keenum so that the offense could work a few kinks out and better protect the rookie, but as this coaching staff always does, they wait 2 or 3 games past when everyone else would have made a change. Last year the season was over by the time they made the qb change. The year before that Donald isn't starting until the 5th game and later in the season Williams says we should have started Donald from the start. Just 2 examples.

When they start Goff after the break they will look back and say we should have started him 2 weeks sooner.

Ellard80

Legend
Zero sack against the least mobile QB in the league is playing well?

Ummm yeah and not even close... they gave up only 232 total yards and only 36 rushing yards.... 4/13 on third down... the giants passing game and rushing game was pretty much neutralized all game.

The Giants scored 7 pts of a pick six and their 2nd score was set up by an INT that put them in our territory.

If our offense doesn't turn the ball over we win easily.

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe
Let's not get rid of offensive talent before they play with Goff. Odds are that you won't replace them with picks.

I think the consensus out there is probably that Gurley is an ultra talented RB that's either just in a rut or being poorly coached and would offer high draft picks for him. He was expected to lead the league in rushing before the season started. TA probably wouldn't draw nearly as much value but the fuck ups/size problem to good plays ratio isn't worth it anymore for me.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff might end up being worse than Keenum but at this point I'm ready to put him in there and find out.

IMO it's time to :

1. Fire Boudreau
2. Fire Fisher
3. Move Grob over to G
4. Move Saffold to LT
5. Trade TA for draft picks (3rd maybe ?)
6. Trade Gurley for draft picks or solid proven LT (I still think he's special but we have too many needs to justify his draft spot. We need draft picks for the new coach next year. Benny can get it done for now.)
7. Start Goff and figure out what we have before next years Free Agency Period and Draft
Sorry but those are all horrible ideas why would we completely press the reset button. Not only bad idea's but unrealistic with this team working on moving into a new stadium in a new town in a couple short years.

Shoman01

Rookie
T
Yes. Eli got the ball out right before they got there. They gave up 10 points. And 7 came due to a pick by Keenum. That's a great day for a defense missing its best run stuffer and #1 CB against one of the best WR corps in football and a good QB.
The pick 6 was not Keenums fault, unless you blame him for not being to able to tackle. Austin has 100% of the blame for that. The defense got 1 turnover today. When you have a offense as bad as the Rams, the defense has to play better.

Ellard80

Legend
T

The pick 6 was not Keenums fault, unless you blame him for not being to able to tackle. Austin has 100% of the blame for that. The defense got 1 turnover today. When you have a offense as bad as the Rams, the defense has to play better.

I can't believe you are complaining about the defense lol...

You realize they scored one of their TD's on a pick 6 right?

And their other TD was on a 35 yard drive from another int...

The Giants offense actually scored 3 pts today and had 232 total yards.

Are you just trolling? You have to be.

Shoman01

Rookie
I think the consensus out there is probably that Gurley is an ultra talented RB that's either just in a rut or being poorly coached and would offer high draft picks for him. He was expected to lead the league in rushing before the season started. TA probably wouldn't draw nearly as much value but the freak ups/size problem to good plays ratio isn't worth it anymore for me.
Gurley is a soft runner, needs a Dallas Cowboy type line to run behind. The Rams line can't block. He is a 4 game wonder, not worth the hype.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I hate this coaching staff. This is not a bad roster. It is the worst coached team in the NFL. I know... over react much?

But I need to vent before I can think straight.
Okay, a bottom 5 coached team.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Last week defense played crappy....but we still lost the game because of a game ending brain farted INT. This week the defense played good. Game ended by brain fart INT. There is a constant here, and some variables. The constant is we need to stop turning the ball over in KEY situations. I don't care if Keenum can put up 500 yards and 50 consecutive completions. If he turns it over at the end when it matters every time whats the point?

Ironically, if you look at the box scores of the Lions and Giants games, you'd swear that the Rams had won them both. :baghead:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the consensus out there is probably that Gurley is an ultra talented RB that's either just in a rut or being poorly coached and would offer high draft picks for him. He was expected to lead the league in rushing before the season started. TA probably wouldn't draw nearly as much value but the freak ups/size problem to good plays ratio isn't worth it anymore for me.

I'm not giving Gurley up for a pick. You don't take a very talented HB away from your young QB.

T

I'm not talking about the pick six. I'm talking about the pick Keenum threw that led to the only TD the Giants scored on our defense. They gave up a grand total of 3 points not aided by a dumb offensive turnover. The defense did what it needed to do today.

Shoman01

Rookie
I can't believe you are complaining about the defense lol...

You realize they scored one of their TD's on a pick 6 right?
Yes, I'm just saying they have to play better for the Rams to win. They need to score 6 on there side to make up for the lack of offense.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
T

The giants O couldn't move the ball on us on today .... if anything they held them to ten points (7 of them due to the an Int ) the D couldn't really play much better than did (other the the missed Barron Int )

Ellard80

Legend
I'm not giving Gurley up for a pick. You don't take a very talented HB away from your young QB.

I'm not talking about the pick six. I'm talking about the pick Keenum threw that led to the only TD the Giants scored on our defense. They gave up a grand total of 3 points not aided by a dumb offensive turnover. The defense did what it needed to do today.

Yeah I'm not sure wtf Shoman is talking about... The defense gave up one drive the entire game for 3 pts....

KayJay

Starter
T

This is my issue, nothing is ever Case's fault. People do gymnastics to protect a guy who wouldn't start on any other team except our own. Furthermore, the pass was high. It came off Tavon hands because he had to jump slightly. Even if you wanted to say it wasn't his fault, he had 4 interceptions. His QBR is already terrible, and its only gotten worse. We've now lost 3 games in a row, could of easily lost more just as we could have easily won more. Its time to share the blame, can't be the defense or Gurley every game.

Ellard80

Legend
The giants O couldn't move the ball on us on today .... if anything they held them to ten points (7 of them due to the an Int ) the D couldn't really play much better than did (other the the missed Barron Int )

The other TD they scored the Giants got the ball at our 35 yard line... and had one fluke play to Beckham.

So really the Giants drove on us once for 3 pts the entire game.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I just know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, there are coaches out there that could take the players we have and go to the playoffs. So frustrating seeing the same bs over and over and over again. This is a failed experiment that needs to end.
AMEN!!!

Shoman01

Rookie
This is my issue, nothing is ever Case's fault. People do gymnastics to protect a guy who wouldn't start on any other team except our own. Furthermore, the pass was high. It came off Tavon hands because he had to jump slightly. Even if you wanted to say it wasn't his fault, he had 4 interceptions. His QBR is already terrible, and its only gotten worse. We've now lost 3 games in a row, could of easily lost more just as we could have easily won more. Its time to share the blame, can't be the defense or Gurley every game.
It's sad that he is the best the Rams have.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Case Keenum is on pace for 18 TDs to 23 Ints. It's baffling that Fisher is so blind.

Status
Not open for further replies.