Fisher: Sticking with Keenum

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Ready or not, it's time for Goff. Who says he needs to master the entire offensive playbook. You take his strengths and build around it. If you have to "dumb" down the playbook the first couple games then so be it. I can't believe he doesn't have a good grasp on most of the playbook. This is not rocket science, but it seems like Fisher is making everyone think so. If you're game plan has 6 run plays and a dozen pass plays, well then make it work. Sometimes it appears they overthink everything only to out think themselves in the process. There were a couple times today Case must have made a couple pre-snap sight adjustments causing the entire offense to look/act confused.

Need to keep it simple because it's obvious we don't have a bunch of "Einsteins" on offense.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Let's please keep this from becoming just another vent thread. I don't want to merge it due to the number of responses so I will delete those I see as just bitching or throwing darts.

fearsomefour

Legend
My question for Fisher and or Snead would be: "Given the front offices' track record with drafting to build this office....Grob a bust at LT, Havenstein a subpar pass blocker at RT, Gurley an average back at this point and a first round WR that can't make plays....given all of that recent history why should we believe that you and your staff are the right people to identify and develop a franchise QB?"
Gonna get that fixed coach?

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
And put who in his place

Williams for the rest of the season, reevaluate at the end. There are several head coaching options that will pop up at the end of the year. All of which probably have the balls to make the tough call (like benching Case)

fearsomefour

Legend
What did benny do today? He can't do one tenth of what tavon does.

Obviously very different guys and the comparisons aren't real.
Benny is a solid return guy, solid 3rd down back, ok runner, good at picking up blitzes.
I want to see Brown get carries over Benny. He is a power back that can take a one yard hole and get 4 or 4 out of it.

Psycho_X

Legend
I'm assuming by this comment it means that Brian Quick was the one who screwed up the last play. But yes, Case Keenum was not the only reason they lost today but he's certainly one of the reasons. Not sure what else to say about Fisher and his management style. Just got to keep watching and endure I guess.

Ellard80

Legend
Obviously very different guys and the comparisons aren't real.
Benny is a solid return guy, solid 3rd down back, ok runner, good at picking up blitzes.
I want to see Brown get carries over Benny. He is a power back that can take a one yard hole and get 4 or 4 out of it.

I'm not sure Tavon is a better return man then benny... he is faster, quicker has the potential...but in actual production?

The avg per catch of Benny and Tavon career is very close to the same.

Tavon has more speed but is so tiny... My point is that Tavon isn't worth the money they paid him. He is a weapon but not one worth 40 mil dollars.

fearsomefour

Legend
I'm not sure Tavon is a better return man then benny... he is faster, quicker has the potential...but in actual production?

The avg per catch of Benny and Tavon career is very close to the same.

Tavon has more speed but is so tiny... My point is that Tavon isn't worth the money they paid him. He is a weapon but not one worth 40 mil dollars.
Right, I understand.
I was just saying saying there are different guys in different roles.
In a traditional RB role I have Benny as the 3rd guy, but he does other things.
Austin, doing traditional WR stuff, is behind Quick and Britt, but he can do other things.
They look at him and think he is one block away or one broken tackle away from a huge play/TD..,,.except it seems he never breaks those.
The money? Too soon to tell on that deal but 5.7 yards per catch like today won't cut it.

RamWoodie

Legend
We all do well to take a deep breath and exhale! This was a good game for the defense...but the offense just didn't get it done!

*Keenum was terrible...and i think he'll say that.

*Tavon was off his game though he made good contributions.

*Lastly...when our team had the opportunity to tie the game, you have Quick and Keenum misreading each other.

Our team has work to do...but it's far from the end of the world at this point. The Rams have a bye week and I simply hope it helps them heal because the schedule doesn't get easier...but they can certainly get better.

I hope they do.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Maybe Goff is still lost in the offense. Maybe fisher is just covering for his future QB - refusing to throw him under the bus - saying publicly that he is coming along nicely but privately knowing that he needs way more time.

It's kind of the only thing that makes sense at this point.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe Goff is still lost in the offense. Maybe fisher is just covering for his future QB - refusing to throw him under the bus - saying publicly that he is coming along nicely but privately knowing that he needs way more time.

It's kind of the only thing that makes sense at this point.

It's really not the only thing that makes sense. Bud Adams had to force Fisher to play Vince Young as a rookie. Fisher didn't play McNair as a rookie. The most likely explanation here isn't that Goff can't grasp the offense...

fearsomefour

Legend
It's really not the only thing that makes sense. Bud Adams had to force Fisher to play Vince Young as a rookie. Fisher didn't play McNair as a rookie. The most likely explanation here isn't that Goff can't grasp the offense...
Maybe Goff and his receivers can miss the same sight adjustments and end up on the same page.

lockdnram21

Legend
Then Fisher and his offense need to leave

RamWoodie

Legend
I won't buy that. I think it's a combination of these things:

*Keenum's main problem is his "happy feet" which makes him overthrow WRs.

* Goff isn't ready. People want to think he is...but preseason proves he needs work before he can start.

* This is an offensive system that's evolving under Boras

* The defense is banged up.

* Fisher has cost the Rams 2 games...particularly Buffalo and Detroit (as I see it)

As I see it...if the Rams finish 8-8 it will be tremendous!

I'm also wondering is coaching hasn't worn on Fisher. I wouldn't be surprised if Fisher retired at the end of the year.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Rams QB Case Keenum, on the game-ending interception: "What I saw pre-snap was they were going to pressure us. I was just trying to get Brian a chance in the back of the end zone. I didn't see it well enough. We weren't on the same page."

More Keenum: "I love Coach Fisher. He is a really, really good head coach. One of my favorites. I've had a lot of great coaches, and he's very near the top of the list. Whatever he says, whatever decision he makes, I'm 100 percent with him." - Alden Gonzalez/ESPN Staff Writer

bluecoconuts

Legend
Rams QB Case Keenum, on the game-ending interception: "What I saw pre-snap was they were going to pressure us. I was just trying to get Brian a chance in the back of the end zone. I didn't see it well enough. We weren't on the same page."

More Keenum: "I love Coach Fisher. He is a really, really good head coach. One of my favorites. I've had a lot of great coaches, and he's very near the top of the list. Whatever he says, whatever decision he makes, I'm 100 percent with him." - Alden Gonzalez/ESPN Staff Writer

So he read it wrong.. I want to know if Brian Quick read it right or just got lucky.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff isn't ready. People want to think he is...but preseason proves he needs work before he can start.

Except it doesn't. That was 7 weeks ago. At the time, it didn't prove it. Now? Not a chance.

As I said, history says everything that needs to be said.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Even the long... Lone... Play to quick was underground. If Goff isn't an option at this point, then he isn't a good prospect. I have supported Case since last year, but this FO jumped the shark when they traded up for a QB. What on earth is going on here??

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.

dd10b3720243741ca30fe51e5c29d79e5d870714b1b540caa47e6f2f24ae633d.jpg