Fisher: Sticking with Keenum

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Aikman even taking a shot at Fisher. Quote: "If you're going to put that much stock in a draft pick (Goff), you better have someone on your staff who can coach him up." Truer words couldn't have been said.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Except it doesn't. That was 7 weeks ago. At the time, it didn't prove it. Now? Not a chance.

As I said, history says everything that needs to be said.

The only thing the preseason proved is that Fisher was putting more eggs in the "Getting Keenum ready" basket than in the "Getting Goff ready" basket ... which is bass-ackwards considering one is a perennial backup with a very limited arm and the other one is a guy with significant arm talent for whom you gave up six draft picks to obtain.

jacktheripper85

Starter
Maybe Goff is still lost in the offense. Maybe fisher is just covering for his future QB - refusing to throw him under the bus - saying publicly that he is coming along nicely but privately knowing that he needs way more time.

It's kind of the only thing that makes sense at this point.

How friggin bad can you look in practice? Fisher is just being his typical arrogant stubborn self. His office should be cleaned out when he gets back.

Ajb44

Rookie
Name
Alex
You could have made the case that Wentz was also not nearly ready from his limited showing in preseason. Look how that turned out. Goff better be ready or our coaches are incompetent

MountainRam

Rookie
Fisher and Rams PR team is running a roughshod over fans - they want you to talk about Goff/Keenum. The reality

This team cannot run block. Period. Run block is easier than Pass block. They cannot get the top 3 running back in league going. Case Keenum with his average play behind this line is keeping Fisher employed. Fisher will not bench Keenum until his job is secure again. Once his job is secured he will make the move. Right now playing Goff behind this line will get Fisher fired before this season. Fisher is super smart and knows who is buttering his bread. That is Keenum currently. Period.

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
Fisher and Rams PR team is running a roughshod over fans - they want you to talk about Goff/Keenum. The reality

This team cannot run block. Period. Run block is easier than Pass block. They cannot get the top 3 running back in league going. Case Keenum with his average play behind this line is keeping Fisher employed. Fisher will not bench Keenum until his job is secure again. Once his job is secured he will make the move. Right now playing Goff behind this line will get Fisher fired before this season. Fisher is super smart and knows who is buttering his bread. That is Keenum currently. Period.

I disagree. I think if Fisher really wanted to save his job he'd start Goff. Assuming Goff doesn't play well, Fisher has the excuse of a rookie QB whose developing. If we lose with a veteran QB, the guy who Fisher seems eternally loyal to, then I'd say he's more likely to get fired from that scenario.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You could have made the case that Wentz was also not nearly ready from his limited showing in preseason. Look how that turned out. Goff better be ready or our coaches are incompetent
You see Wentz today? The rookie QB is often a roller coaster and today was a down day for Wentz. They happen and everybody thumping the table for Goff expects them to happen.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Well, he's gonna have two weeks to think about it. And I hope to God he's not being serious by saying this.

"We didn't lose today because of bad QB play."

THEN WTF DID WE LOSE BECAUSE OF?!?!? Four interceptions but we didn't lose because of bad QB play?!!! You've got to be flipping kidding me. What a piece of work. You should be fired for that statement Jeff Fisher.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

You had me till you said Fisher is super smart .

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

How words mean zero. After five seasons it can be said his coaching doesn't offer much more.

Ajb44

Rookie
Name
Alex
You see Wentz today? The rookie QB is often a roller coaster and today was a down day for Wentz. They happen and everybody thumping the table for Goff expects them to happen.
Yeah I did but he's winning games. Hiccups are bound to happen

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
I go out to enjoy the day and get my mind off football for a few hours and I come back to this shit. F. M. L.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
alberteinstein133991.jpg
Yeah but Albert never played baseball:)

To the topic, Keenum is what he is, an adequate back up

Consistency is his main weakness thru my eyes

I really, really hope for the sake of the team he rethinks this

MountainRam

Rookie
I disagree. I think if Fisher really wanted to save his job he'd start Goff. Assuming Goff doesn't play well, Fisher has the excuse of a rookie QB whose developing. If we lose with a veteran QB, the guy who Fisher seems eternally loyal to, then I'd say he's more likely to get fired from that scenario.

Fisher's last excuse is to tell that franchise saving QB is being prepped up.If he plays the hand and it's not an Ace game over. He will not start Goff until next year. Definitely not when team in in ONLY down 3-4.

We all wonder in our professional lives at work place how a guy still has a job. Fisher is the equivalent of that in NFL.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

And yet the Eagles won, comfortably. Wentz has also outplayed Keenum by a country mile this year. It's not even close.

But all that notwithstanding, why the hell be so scared to start a rookie? Is Fisher that scared of making mistakes on offense? Or is he just afraid of Goff making mistakes, but ok with Keenums 4/8 TD/INT ratio, including 3 pick sixes? Is he ok with Keenum throwing picks late in the game to ruin our chances, as he has done in the last 3 weeks (twice with a chance to at least tie the game)?

Yeah, I'll take that roller coaster over what we are getting now any day of the week. Even with Keenum's "stellar" week last week, he threw a pick into triple coverage with a chance to move the Rams down the field to tie or possibly win. Why is that roller coaster ok, while the roller coaster of a guy like Goff with much more upside intolerable? I just don't get it.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
2 things that you can take to the bank:

1: Goff will start after the bye, ready or not

2: Fisher will be retained (UGH). He knows that he can use the rookie QB excuse to his advantage.

RamWoodie

Legend
Except it doesn't. That was 7 weeks ago. At the time, it didn't prove it. Now? Not a chance.

As I said, history says everything that needs to be said.
Right. That's why he came out of preseason QB3...(n)

Let's spare one another the debate jrry32...and just wait and see when Goff does take the field. As they say "action speaks louder than words"...