Final Cuts are starting!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jjab360

Legend
i dont even think bates is that good. Probably should be on PS.
Disagree completely. One of our top ST contributors and probably our best backup linebacker. If you don't think Bates should make the team, you haven't been paying attention imo.

diehard99

UDFA
Name
Derek Blac
Thanks Coach O, Cody Davis doesnt takle like his college tape and ive noticed most of these players brought in are good at blitzing. im concerned that we pressure and not get there and well get burned with screens and dump off passes. Ive noticed since Fisher got here that his style defences dont stop screens and dump off passes too well, at least thats my observation. I like Reids ability I dont see how Mcgee can be trusted in coverage either.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
The one unit on the team that concerns me is LB. THey really don't have anyone beyond Bates, honestly, that I feel could come in actually play LB if they needed. I will very surprised if they dont find a vet off the waiver wire.

As far as Joyner, I agree with Hammer regarding his man coverage skills. But he has such good football instincts, that I think he will be fine. Also don't think Williams will play as much straight man to man as many in here envision. Otherwise, the secondary is not as big of a concern to me that it is to others. I think what people tend to get caught up with, is the performances of players who are not going to 1) wont be here next week, or 2) wont be called on very much to play defense. They are more ST guys and depth guys.

I do like Cody Davis, and so does Hammer. I am the first to admit that he isn't flashy, but he is steady and doesn't make many mistakes. I actually thought he and Alexander complimented one another pretty well, when they were on the field together.
where do you rank the offensive line on your list of concerns CoachO? its at the top of my list between ABSOLUTELY having to keep Hill healthy and the fact that the run game needs to be our bread and butter. Who knows how Long will play this year (I still childishly blame him for getting Bradford hurt). sounds like we don't even have a decent backup center and who knows if Robinson starts right away or where he gets plugged if any of them go down.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Thanks Coach O, Cody Davis doesnt takle like his college tape and ive noticed most of these players brought in are good at blitzing. im concerned that we pressure and not get there and well get burned with screens and dump off passes. Ive noticed since Fisher got here that his style defences dont stop screens and dump off passes too well, at least thats my observation. I like Reids ability I dont see how Mcgee can be trusted in coverage either.
Well, the one thing I can tell you that Greg Williams has stressed throughout the entire training camp, is crashing to the ball on the dump off passes. Its almost to the point that is where they want to channel throws, and then react to them. That also means playing more zone underneath, and letting guys like Ogletree and McDonald close to the ball.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
@SI_PeterKing: Ethan Westbrooks still a Ram. Will make final 53. Question is whether Rams keep a 10th DL. Tough call. If not, practice squad poss for Sam.

Alan

Legend
Mojo Ram hitting one out of the park:
Does anybody remember Rondo?
Here's a tribute to fallen soda's in honor of those players who will be cut soon.
http://grub.gunaxin.com/a-tribute-to-fallen-dead-discontinued-sodas/11115
I haven't read it all yet but that's a great article Mojo!:banana: I remember about 3/4 of those and I remember why they failed too. :LOL:

Rondo wasn't one of the ones I remember.

Blue and Gold reminding me why it was my only one:
For a diet drink it's pretty good. It's just CBGB and Caddyshack are two things that always remind me of Fresca. If you don't like diet soda you won't like it.
It's all coming back to me now. I always hated diet soda's back then. I don't like them now either but they have improved drastically.

Last edited:

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Well, the one thing I can tell you that Greg Williams has stressed throughout the entire training camp, is crashing to the ball on the dump off passes. Its almost to the point that is where they want to channel throws, and then react to them. That also means playing more zone underneath, and letting guys like Ogletree and McDonald close to the ball.

That makes it seems like Greg Reid might be a fit. Right?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Watts has nice vision. He looks like a player you could develop to me. Mason was great value there, but many on this board felt that there was value there at other positions more in need. I love our depth and competition there. My only thing with our RB's is that none of them are guys who you can put in there when your down 10 points and need to open up your offense. We need a guy who can catch and read a blitz. We're not gonna line up Tavon back there play after play. I'm watching the San Diego Chargers cuts closely :sneaky:
The guy we had like this was Pead. Now he's hurt.

I was one of those guys for sure. I didn't/don't really dislike the pick and of course I had no idea that Watts would look good but a 3rd round DB or LB would look good right now.
Exactly, we've been doing fine with late round finds at RB. I wonder what Mason really showed that made them so high on him? I really liked a bunch of RB's in this draft. A Pretty good one I thought was Isiah Crowell. You can add an OG to your list. Hell, any decent OL. Maybe even a QB

Exactly....All I can think is the Auburn ties of the Snisher....

I wish some of you guys would seriously stop with the "why you talking about the list then....blah blah blah" It's irritating. He explained his reasoning behind why he couldn't divulge its contents, and says he knows the reasoning behind some of the choices. He'll probably write a cool thread on it in the coming days. I'm actually surprised he hasn't cussed some of you out for pestering him. Make a comment about a cut player, or a player that shoulda been cut or may be cut....I've never criticized a poster in here, it's not my way, but it's not fair to blast someone about their integrity either. If someone tells you something in confidence, and you promise not to divulge it, you don't. Plus some of these guys getting cut deserve to hear this info in private. Seems like everyone could respect that. But if you can't, it makes others respect you a lot less.

jjab360

Legend
@SI_PeterKing: Ethan Westbrooks still a Ram. Will make final 53. Question is whether Rams keep a 10th DL. Tough call. If not, practice squad poss for Sam.
If we cut Sam and he somehow makes it to our PS, the entire league deserves to be bitch slapped.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
where do you rank the offensive line on your list of concerns CoachO? its at the top of my list between ABSOLUTELY having to keep Hill healthy and the fact that the run game needs to be our bread and butter. Who knows how Long will play this year (I still childishly blame him for getting Bradford hurt). sounds like we don't even have a decent backup center and who knows if Robinson starts right away or where he gets plugged if any of them go down.
I agree there are plenty of question marks, and until they get on the field together, those questions will remain. At this point, I think its pretty well set, that Robinson will not be starting, and they will go with Saffold, and Joseph at Guard. I don't have as much concern about our depth as you seem to. I think Barnes is much better than people give him credit for, especially if he is playing with the rest of the starting unit.

This is the one unit they still have a lot of different ways they can go. As of right now, there are still 10 OL in play. They can keep all 10, or go down to 8. Just won't know til tomorrow.

ShaneFalco

I agree there are plenty of question marks, and until they get on the field together, those questions will remain. At this point, I think its pretty well set, that Robinson will not be starting, and they will go with Saffold, and Joseph at Guard. I don't have as much concern about our depth as you seem to. I think Barnes is much better than people give him credit for, especially if he is playing with the rest of the starting unit.

This is the one unit they still have a lot of different ways they can go. As of right now, there are still 10 OL in play. They can keep all 10, or go down to 8. Just won't know til tomorrow.
wait our 1st round pick not starting?

Why?

ShaneFalco

yea, i just figured you try to let him get a season under his belt, since we dont have much to lose this season.

diehard99

UDFA
Name
Derek Blac
Thanks Coach O, I sure hope they crash down, last night that receiver got free all the way to the endzone in what turned out to be the game winner. I know, some wont make the team but learning a new system, heavy pressure defence and all, we need good tackling and read and react instincts. What would you say about t j Mcdonalds performance this year and his future upside? Why bring in ss in Alexander if Mcdonald is the man?

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Thanks Coach O, I sure hope they crash down, last night that receiver got free all the way to the endzone in what turned out to be the game winner. I know, some wont make the team but learning a new system, heavy pressure defence and all, we need good tackling and read and react instincts. What would you say about t j Mcdonalds performance this year and his future upside? Why bring in ss in Alexander if Mcdonald is the man?
as far as the game winner last night, they got caught in man coverage, and the CB, who is not the least bit interested in contact was satisfied with dancing with his blocker. And the FS, who is a rookie who has missed half of training camp tried to take an outside in pursuit angle and over ran the play, Not likely with McLeod or Jenkins on the field.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
NFL network says we are down to 57 right now.

Anyone have a list already made of who those 57 are?