Do you trust Fisher/Snead to draft our QB of the future?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Brian Quick is not hindsight. There wasn't a single soul chattering about Quick before he was drafted. We drafted him, people asked "who's that why are we doing that with a high second rounder instead of a 4th?". Then after came the post draft/TC optimism when he was already on the team. After Snead pretty much called him the next TO. The term hindsight might be fair in some cases, but definitely not Brian Quick.

Casual draft fans probably didn't know about Quick, but the hardcore draftnik and NFL teams knew about him. I didn't think he'd go as high as he did but I didn't think he would last until the 4th round either. I forget his name at the moment, but I agreed with the small school media draftnik expert that saw him as a later 2nd to 3rd round selection. And didn't Snead say that his skills reminded him of TO skills? That's different than calling someone the next TO.

And in the end, we still don't know how good Quick is due to his injury and piss poor QB play. As far as we know, he'd be looking a lot better elsewhere while whomever the Rams selected instead would be on our hit list to be replaced.

FRO

Legend
Demoff's job is to get everyone paid, structure contracts and manage the cap. Why would you want him fired? (your words).
I do not want him hiring the next coach and GM. Maybe firing is too strong, he does a good job with contract structuring. We have to clean house though. We have to get new leadership. This crap has to stop. No winning season since 2003. That's horrible. We have gotten worse every year record wise for the last 3 and probably will be lucky to finish 6-10 this year. We need better leadership from the top and unfortunately we can't fire the owner. I wish we could because he definitely deserves to go.

FRO

Legend
Casual draft fans probably didn't know about Quick, but the hardcore draftnik and NFL teams knew about him. I didn't think he'd go as high as he did but I didn't think he would last until the 4th round either. I forget his name at the moment, but I agreed with the small school media draftnik expert that saw him as a later 2nd to 3rd round selection. And didn't Snead say that his skills reminded him of TO skills? That's different than calling someone the next TO.

And in the end, we still don't know how good Quick is due to his injury and pee pee poor QB play. As far as we know, he'd be looking a lot better elsewhere while whomever the Rams selected instead would be on our hit list to be replaced.
No Snead sad Vincent Jackson. The WR coach said TO. He is Rasmes Barden.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
If they decide it's a priority, yes. If they're giving it lip service (Gilbert), no.

FRO

Legend
Giving up a home game is asinine for a team wanting to win football games. Bottom line. Why give away a competitive advantage?

Limey

Rookie
Yes. It's too early to judge the OL (including Robinson IMHO) or Mannion. Quick looked good last season before his shoulder injury, and overall I'm happy with their RB picks. For me the overall sample size is too small to say they can't judge or develop offensive talent.

FRO

Legend
That doesn't explain doing it in 2012 and trying to do it for 2013 and 2014 too. I think the Jaguars are just as stupid and they are giving away a divisional home game. It's a money grab. You are giving away a competitive advantage for money. No wonder why the perennial good teams are giving away their home games.

Limey

Rookie

I didn't mention Foles as I think the main value in that trade was the draft picks and the salary dump. The extension was a gamble that didn't work, but I thought he looked decent before the OL disintegrated.

FRO

Legend
I'll be more than happy to pubically apologize if I'm wrong.

For Godell to have regular season NFL games played overseas is so stupid. As a former season ticket holder I would have been totally fine with them sending preseason games over, that way I wouldn't have had to pay as much. Regular season games is stupid and puts teams at a competitive disadvantage.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Yes. He is the head of a franchise that hasn't had a winning season in his 7 years here. He hired both Fisher and Snead. Accountability comes from the top. He is a good guy and a great cap guy, but he has some accountability too.

KD didn't decide who to hire - he just worked the numbers. And he did his job well.

I'm all for burning it down, but I'd like to salvage the pieces that work.