Do you trust Fisher/Snead to draft our QB of the future?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think when it's all said and done and this terrible season is behind us, this is the key question that will determine whether Kroenke keeps Fish on for his fifth year.

Foles' play has degraded to the point where he doesn't even look like a backup QB. Keenum looked just as bad in his start. Cigs might be in way over his head, at least it looks like he is getting worked over by every DC matchup now. Weinke hasn't done much for these guys either when you consider the above, looks to me like he needs to go back to takin money from the parents of rich kids.

Will Fisher even make a change at OC? Sounds crazy but I'm not sure he will and that's why I want him gone. I mean the dude could hire Martz and IMMEDIATELY have a guy on his staff who would tweak the offense the rest of the way and give him good scouting reports on the QBs in this draft (the dude KNOWS QBs) and also ensure that QB they draft and Mannion get the teaching they need. But he will probably try to keep the guys who sold him on signing Foles before the dude even played a snap in this offense.

Anyway, I digress. They key is whether this critical decision that looms this offseason is one that you want being made by a regime that has lost 4 straight seasons, in spite of more high-end draft real estate than any other over that time. When you consider that this Rams roster will be very, very attractive to any elite head coach given that they can come in and be a part of the selection of that QB of the future in a draft where there are several good options... Maybe that hastens the decision as well.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
i haven't followed much of college this year. but he needs to be mobile that's for sure. not a scrambling idiot but mobile. I hear there's a kid out of BYU maybe

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I would trust Snead more than Fisher, but if the Rams make a change, we will have to see if Snead is still standing.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I trust Snead to evaluate talent and maneuver the draft. That's all i got.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Do I trust Snisher to develop a top rated QB prospect? No. I don't trust them with any offensive player that is not a RB. But the fact of the matter is our offense is awful and needs improvement. Whether I trust them to develop an offensive talent or not, an offensive talent is what they should (see: must) draft. And when you are talking offense, what better place to start than QB? If a 1st round talent is on the board at the QB position I think we have to take him. Having said that, I obviously don't want to reach for a mediocre prospect just because they are a QB. That would be a waste of draft capital. If no good QBs are around at 5-8 let's draft an impact WR or lineman and try and get a value-pick at QB in round 2 where we have two selections.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Losing Snead and G.Williams would be hard to take for this fan.

Keep Snead and if they hire another Head Coach, well, maybe he keeps Williams or hires Jim Schwartz in which I would be just fine.

Athos

Legend
No.

And quite frankly, there isn't a person with this regime I'd trust to draft offensive talent going forward.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I don't, Fisher's track record with QBs really isn't that good to begin with.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I think Fisher tried to address a lot of the issues we have but just didn't get the personnel to actually do it. When it comes to taking defensive players he's been spot on. But so far when it comes to addressing offensive talent he's failed (save Austin and Gurley).

If they don't seriously address the OL, QB and WR positions I doubt much will change. The only sure thing is none of us know or can do anything about it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Almost everybody thought Foles would be an upgrade over Clemens/Davis/Hill (and even Bradford) ... until he wasn't. I don't use hindsight to make my future determinations. We don't even know if Mannion is going to eliminate the need to draft a QB yet, so there's no use in speculating on whether or not they can hit on another one until we find out if they did or didn't already. It's the most difficult position to hit on unless the guy is an obvious talent like Luck (who may not even be).

Yeah, he'll make an OC change if he needs to. But why are we suggesting Cignetti needs to be jettisoned already? This O-line isn't strong enough up front to dictate the way the passing game and running game operates. When we had a healthy O-line, we were bullying teams and everyone here thought Cignetti was a good coach. He was creative, he "used Tavon correctly" (lol), and most importantly, he wasn't Schotty. Every week the opinions change about the HC and OC; and when they start winning again, the opinion will continue to run parallel with the results. Unfortunately, a 4-game skid only reinforces the opinions formed 3 games ago. So, to answer your question. Yes. Yes I do trust him. And I'll continue to trust him until such a time that he's not the coach. Blind loyalty? Sure. Why not. After all, I can't make a change, so I'll support the guy as long as he continues to demonstrate that he cares and continues to try hard.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Yes.
As much as I trust any gm to evaluate the position.
There are no guarantees. Even the best evaluators make bad picks.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I think the fact that they traded for Foles and drafted Mannion shows they want to address the situation. I am sure they will continue to look for a solution and ultimately do think they will figure it out.

I think it is interesting that if you look at the teams ahead of us for draft position have QBs in place or recently spent a 1st rounder on a QB. Tenn, Dallas SD which would put us in a god spot to trade up and not give up a ton or even grab a vet like Rivers, Romo or Flacco depending on what these teams are thinking

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I trust Fisher and Snead to find the QB.

But I'm ready to ditch this WC based offense (I suspect they are too).

FRO

Legend
Their track record with defensive talent is phenomenal. I don't think they have drafted a defensive bust. They have hit on a bunch of defensive picks. Offense they get a D. The picks of Quick and Pead were horrible. That's not a hindsight position, I said it at the time as did others. Austin has been ok, but isn't really a receiver. They have finally found a role for him. Gurley has been phenomenal. I also hate they didn't address the line earlier in their tenure in the first 4 rounds.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
No. I don't understand how or why Fisher is still employed. He does wear coasta sunglasses though, so he is cool with me personally. I like coastas too. As a coach, he is a historical disaster! We already gave him the keys to the castle, and he better dealt us into Nick FREAKING FOLES!!!! At least Robinson is thriving. Why would any sane person give these jokers a 4th chance at a QB?

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
No.

And quite frankly, there isn't a person with this regime I'd trust to draft offensive talent going forward.

99% agree. Gurley though, he is the greatest offensive pick they have made, and totally worth it. Beyond him I have no trust in them selecting a real top notch QB.

jap

Legend
I think Fisher tried to address a lot of the issues we have but just didn't get the personnel to actually do it. When it comes to taking defensive players he's been spot on. But so far when it comes to addressing offensive talent he's failed (save Austin and Gurley).

If they don't seriously address the OL, QB and WR positions I doubt much will change. The only sure thing is none of us know or can do anything about it.

Fish has some serious defensive minds coaching that side of the rock---not so much on the offensive side. The Horns need a serious injection of offensive brains.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
I trust Fisher and Snead to find the QB.

But I'm ready to ditch this WC based offense (I suspect they are too).
WC offense or the Paul Brown offense has worked well for fifty years. The execution of that offense is poor for this team right now.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Do you trust Fisher/Snead to draft our QB of the future?

An a word, NO!