Do you now, or have you ever lived in or around the city of St Louis?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Do you now, or have you ever lived in or near the city of St Louis?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Anyone know the term for white trash/redneck in St. Louis? I may be getting politically incorrect here, but wth..

That said what does LA mean in St. Louis slang?
Always thought it was hoosiers? And not people from Indiana as they're good people to know!

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Born in Springfield, MO, lived all my life 20 miles north around Morrisville. Became a fan at age ten during the hay day of the GSOT.

I'll be at the game tomorrow.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Anyone know the term for white trash/redneck in St. Louis? I may be getting politically incorrect here, but wth..

That said what does LA mean in St. Louis slang?
Hoosiers and "Lower Arnold". Ha Ha

Alan

Legend
rhinobean nailing it:
Always thought it was hoosiers?
Yep. My dad said that every third or fourth word. Usually with his head stuck out the window of the car. :LOL:

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
It's really good, guys!
ted-drewes.jpg
When I was there for the Seattle game last year a friend took my girl and I here. Soooo good.

A55VA6

Legend
I've never lived in or near St. Louis. I've lived in the Rockford/Chicago, Illinois area my entire life.

I have some family that live in the St. Louis area though. I've visited there quite a few times and I love it. I haven't been to STL in a good 6 years though.

Alan

Legend
bwdenverram liking the area:
Nice. Parker, CO myself.
Beautiful country, plentiful amounts of pot and psychedelics, shit loads of good looking college coeds and Denver just a short bus ride away. Heaven when I was 18-19 years old.
Freaking cold in the winter though. :coffee:

bluecoconuts

Legend
All this talk of pizza and no mention of the best appetizer on earth?

toasted_ravioli.jpg

My girlfriend (from St Louis) loves that stuff. Its pretty good, but hard to find in LA.

Myself, I've been but never lived. We'll probably move there one day to be closer to her family, but when I don't know. After I finish school, but if I start working right after I'll probably be going elsewhere, St Louis essentially has no jobs for my field as far as I know.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
A couple of fartys!!!
budbottles.jpg

Got ya now.. Ever drive farty four? lol Hell I was thinking you were talking natty light at first.. lol Or the old beloved 905 beer. Doing a shot of Jager to you as you got me there. lol My dementia was kicking in. :cool:

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
I can't say that I know anyone from the area that actually pronounces forty like that, despite that being a local "thing."

It is a local thing in "certain" areas..

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I can't say that I know anyone from the area that actually pronounces forty like that, despite that being a local "thing."
It's a south St. Louis accent I guess. Meteorologist Ben Able on the mighty MOX (kmox) used to call for "starms from the narth". That always made me chuckle.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
It's a south St. Louis accent I guess. Meteorologist Ben Able on the mighty MOX (kmox) used to call for "starms from the narth". That always made me chuckle.

Tell you what man. Back in my day when working in St. Louis/West County I met several good looking babes at work. Then they started talking with the accents and I was like wtf? I'm just not talking about a South St. Louis/County thing here either. Some of them were Jefferson County. Nothing against the accents, but that would have been hard to talk to and live with. :cool:

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Born in Columbia, had been living in Saint Louis since I was 2. Moved to Florida just recently.