Do you now, or have you ever lived in or around the city of St Louis?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Do you now, or have you ever lived in or near the city of St Louis?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Owner of the Gateway and Mayfair hotels. Son did prison time. Mafia associated. Enough?

Also aldermen. My sister worked for Sorkis Jr. He was a threat to Vince Schmoel as a mayoral candidate. He got busted for hiding a fugative related to all the car bombings in St. Louis.

They were also famous for giving out semi loads of turkeys during the holidays.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I have never lived in or near st louis, but I regularly work there. I am there often and have been going since I can remember. I don't consider myself a local.... but it is the city I am most familiar with and I love it.
Born in Springfield Mo (3 hrs away) and I live there now.

TGZ

Rookie
Name
Dylan
The Ted Drewes is cool, but I'd be more impressed if anyone here knew who Sorkis Webbe Sr. and Jr. were/are.

@Mojo Ram given time I could do a questionnaire to test folks and their age. lol As long as no one google's the questions...

Sorkis Webbe owned a driving range right next to where I worked. Shook hands with him before I realized he was missing half a finger.

Alan

Legend
rhinobean showing his age:
It was at Kingshighway and Manchester. You remember Rossino's?
Good job! :LOL:

No I don't. I only remember Pagliacci's because my Dad took me there every time he got me for the weekend when I was living with my Grandmother in Florissant. He knew it was my favorite. (y) I've never been to an Italian restaurant in the St. Louis area where the food wasn't great so I'm sure Rossino's was fantastic.:)

bigdog2834

UDFA
Name
Donnie
Can't say i have. Born and raised in Orange County, CA. Just happened to follow my Rams when they left Southern California. Currently living in Arkansas and i hope to make it to the dome for the first time in the near future.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Born and raised in St. Louis (grew up in Jennings). I now live in O'fallon, IL, which is about 15 minutes from downtown.

Gordito

UDFA
Grew up in STL (Hazelwood)...became a fan when they moved there. Now in I'm in Cowgirl country. Hope they beat em so I can brag at work lol.

OldRock

Rookie
Name
Rocky
Also aldermen. My sister worked for Sorkis Jr. He was a threat to Vince Schmoel as a mayoral candidate. He got busted for hiding a fugative related to all the car bombings in St. Louis.

They were also famous for giving out semi loads of turkeys during the holidays.
Hid Paul Liesure (misspelled) in the Mayfair after blowing up Jimmy Michels on I55. Sorkis Sr. was a short little big cigar smoking machine. I saw him plenty of times. These were dangerous people.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Haven't lived in St. Louis for 10 years. It's a nice city but I enjoy the slow pace life style of central Kentucky. People are nice in St. Louis but it doesn't compare to the kindness of Kentuckians. I get at minimum at least one smile per day from a stranger.

I miss the food the most.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I have never lived anywhere near St Louis but I love how this has become a thread about food and Gangsters. Sounds like most of my conversations.

Alan

Legend
Food, gangsters, the Cards, the Blues, and racist cops. Fond memories. :seizure:

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Good job! :LOL:

No I don't. I only remember Pagliacci's because my Dad took me there every time he got me for the weekend when I was living with my Grandmother in Florissant. He knew it was my favorite. (y) I've never been to an Italian restaurant in the St. Louis area where the food wasn't great so I'm sure Rossino's was fantastic.:)
Rossino's is where STL style pizza was created. It was in the CWE on Sarah and it was in a basement. Had to duck your head to walk around it if you were more than 5'6" or so. Huge fried mushrooms with butter to dip them in! Lots of good Italian food in this town, for sure!

Alan

Legend
Dagonet bringing back memories:
A classic from KSHE 95 and the U Man..
Has anyone ever found out what kind of meat that is in their burgers? :LOL:

Loved the fish ones though. (y)

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Anyone know the term for white trash/redneck in St. Louis? I may be getting politically incorrect here, but wth..

That said what does LA mean in St. Louis slang?

SyncMaster

UDFA
All this talk of pizza and no mention of the best appetizer on earth?

toasted_ravioli.jpg