David Garrard wants to be a Ram

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That's pretty funny right there. Putting your application on Twitter. :ROFLMAO:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
How long has it been since he was in the league?

If I was the Rams I would at least consider/look at any possibilities to backup Hill. Davis played well against the Browns but why not look.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
He is interested in being the Rams backup?
Hmmmm

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
How long has it been since he was in the league?

If I was the Rams I would at least consider/look at any possibilities to backup Hill. Davis played well against the Browns but why not look.
Because he's 36, has no experience with this team or this offense, hasn't played in 4 years, and he's David Garrard.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Yeah the has been QB's crawling back.
10330502_715985338478260_2596939399007525467_n.jpg

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
And I wanna be the next Dr. Who. Good for David.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Garrard was a pretty solid QB back in the day. But he's had a lot of back issues and I'm not sold that his body is capable of playing anymore. He's a good guy, though. Definitely not worth disparaging the guy. He really was great to the fans in Jacksonville.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
What do you think of the new one? I assume you guys have had episode 1 by now?
Yup. Watched it Saturday while Bradford was getting his knee pulverized.

I actually loved it. Capaldi reminds me a lot of Tom Baker, who remains my favorite Doctor of all time. Good levels of crazy, and a very good approach to being Scottish.

"Look at these eyebrows. They're attack eyebrows! You could take the tops off bottles with them!"

Loved it.

tumblr_inline_naq6c1JbtM1swio8t.gif

Yup. Watched it Saturday while Bradford was getting his knee pulverized.

I actually loved it. Capaldi reminds me a lot of Tom Baker, who remains my favorite Doctor of all time. Good levels of crazy, and a very good approach to being Scottish.

"Look at these eyebrows. They're attack eyebrows! You could take the tops off bottles with them!"

Loved it.

tumblr_inline_naq6c1JbtM1swio8t.gif

I wasn't that impressed by Capaldi myself, but it's the first episode I've been impressed by this current companion, thought she stole the show, I'll let it develop before panning Capaldi completely though.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I wasn't that impressed by Capaldi myself, but it's the first episode I've been impressed by this current companion, thought she stole the show, I'll let it develop before panning Capaldi completely though.
Yeah, Coleman was great. I never liked her with Matt Smith - she felt like a plot device, not a character - but she was really much more interesting this time around.

I enjoyed Capaldi tremendously. Cynical and insane, just how I like my Doctors.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
David Garrard wants to play this year, expects a call soon
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 28, 2014, 12:59 PM EDT
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-wants-to-play-this-year-expects-a-call-soon/

david-garrard-pic2.jpg
AP

Veteran quarterback David Garrard hasn’t played in an NFL game since 2010, but he thinks he can contribute to some team.

The 36-year-old Garrard says that his agent reached out to the Rams after Sam Bradford’s injury, and Garrard thinks he’d be a good fit in St. Louis or some other team that wants an experienced quarterback.

“I actually haven’t gotten any calls yet but my agent has reached out to the Rams and to a number of teams,” Garrard said on NFL AM. They’ve all said they have me on their ‘hot list’ so I think probably something will happen after these last cuts once teams realize who is available, who is not available and then maybe somebody like myself can join a team.”

Garrard spent some time with the Jets last year, but a bad knee gave him trouble and at one point he said he’d have to retire. However, Garrard says he’s now in good shape and good to go.

“I took time off after I retired, I wasn’t doing any training and once I started training again when the season got started I realized that my knee was doing great,” Garrard said.

Realistically, if any team wanted Garrard, that team probably would have wanted him to be on the roster through training camp. So it seems like a long shot that he’d actually get a call. But if there’s a team out there that finds itself with a need at quarterback this season, Garrard is just a phone call away.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I like David Garrard, as an emergency backup. He was going to be the Jets starter. He won that job, before the injury.