Coaches hired and fired

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
You two must have a different opinion of McCoy than I do. Personally I like my rivals hiring bad coaches. McCoy has been a pretty spectacular failure.
Ok...now I get it.
I was a bit confused myself.

"Old school a Card fan Also? Say it isn't so!" This was my first thought.
I breathing a little easier now.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok...now I get it.
I was a bit confused myself.

"Old school a Card fan Also? Say it isn't so!" This was my first thought.
I breathing a little easier now.
OH man I almost lost my breakfast there! What a horrid thought.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
So essentially the Cards downgraded in terms of offensive minds and they still don't have a QB. Bettcher being gone and adding Wilkes is an upgrade but can Wilkes be an effective HC?
Still lots of question marks there in AZ.

Rebuilding that offense around David Johnson is probably the goal, but i'm not sure it's the right way to go. That strategy is somewhat archaic. They have to find a QB and build around that. Lots of personnel work to be done there.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/29/mike-waufle-retires-as-bills-defensive-line-coach/

Mike Waufle retires as Bills defensive line coach
Posted by Josh Alper on January 29, 2018

841377166-e1517263361449.jpg

Getty Images

The Bills will have a different defensive line coach in head coach Sean McDermott’s second year on the job.

The team announced Monday that Mike Waufle has retired after 20 seasons as an NFL assistant. The 2017 season was the only one of those years spent in Buffalo.

Waufle made previous stops with the Rams, Raiders and Giants and was the Giants’ defensive line coach when they beat the Patriots in Super Bowl XLII thanks in large part to the five sacks his unit picked up in the contest.

The Bills are promoting John Teerlinck from assistant defensive line coach to fill Waufle’s spot. Aaron Whitecotton will move from being McDermott’s administrative assistant to assisting Teerlinck.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Shame, Waufle was one of the bright spots during the Fisher era: Was crucial in developing Donald, Quinn, Brockers, Westbrooks, etc.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
You two must have a different opinion of McCoy than I do. Personally I like my rivals hiring bad coaches. McCoy has been a pretty spectacular failure.

McCoy's solid man. They could have done a lot worse than him.

Overall for them it's gonna be about the QB now. Who will they bring in?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Titans to hire Dean Pees as defensive coordinator

Titans rookie head coach Mike Vrabel is bolstering his coaching staff with a veteran defensive coordinator who coached him as a player in New England.

The Titans are hiring former Ravens defensive coordinator Dean Pees for the same position, an NFL source confirmed to The Tennessean on Monday night.

Pees, 68, has 45 years of coaching experience and owns two Super Bowl rings from his time with the Patriots and Ravens. He served as Baltimore's defensive coordinator for the last six years before announcing his short-lived retirement following the season. His tenure with the Ravens included a 34-31 victory over the 49ers in Super Bowl XLVII.

The Ravens ranked in the top 10 in total defense in three of his six seasons, and led the NFL with 34 takeaways last season.

More: Titans better brace for Vra-ball, because it's going to hit hard

More: Titans lure secondary coach from Ohio State, first assistant to join Mike Vrabel's staff

More: How Titans coach Mike Vrabel plans to earn respect from his players

Vrabel has firsthand experience working with Pees, who served as the Patriots' linebackers coach from 2004-05 and defensive coordinator from 2006-09, overlapping with Vrabel's eight seasons as a player in New England.

Pees also has extensive experience in the college ranks, coaching at Findlay, Miami (Ohio), Navy, Toledo, Notre Dame, Michigan State and Kent State, where he served as the head coach from 1998 to 2003.

Pees' son, Matt, will join him on the Titans' staff. Matt Pees most recently served as the head coach at Green Mountain High School in Lakewood, Colo., which posted its coaching vacancy on Twitter.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sp...pees-defensive-coordinator-ravens/1073472001/

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/02/ozzie-newsome-stepping-down-after-season/

Ozzie Newsome stepping down after season
Posted by Darin Gantt on February 2, 2018

168103308-e1517596980855.jpg

Getty Images

Ravens assistant General Manager Eric DeCosta has turned down plenty of chances to move up a chair.

Now, he knows when he will.

Via Jeff Zrebeic of the Baltimore Sun, Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti said that longtime G.M. Ozzie Newsome will step down at the end of next season and that DeCosta would finally take over.

Newsome, 61, will stay on as a consultant after next year, and Bisciotti joked about him being the highest-paid scout in the league.

The Hall of Fame tight end built two Super Bowl champions in Baltimore. He was the league’s first minority G.M.

DeCosta has been tabbed as his successor for years, and has turned down every chance to interview elsewhere, including the Packers this offseason.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

With Palmer off the books in AZ, I would think they are a very strong candidate for Cousins

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Giants hire Hal Hunter as offensive line coach

hunter-hal.jpg

Hal Hunter coached the Chargers' offensive line for four years before serving as their offensive coordinator in 2012.

The Giants have found the coach tasked with fixing their offensive line.

Head coach Pat Shurmur hired Hal Hunter as the Giants offensive line coach on Tuesday, a source confirmed to the Daily News.

Hunter, 58, has been out of football for a season but was most recently the Cleveland Browns’ offensive line coach in 2016.

He brings plenty of experience, coaching the offensive line of the Chargers from 2007-11 and serving as their offensive coordinator in 2012. He also coached the offensive line of the Colts from 2013-15.

Both Shurmur and GM Dave Gettleman have stressed the most important part of building a successful team starts with the offensive line, which has been a major weakness for the Giants in recent years.

Filling the offensive line coach leaves Shurmur with just two noticeable vacant spots on his coaching staff: quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator.

Shurmur said at his introductory press conference that there are plenty of good coaches who are “not quite available,” which could mean he is waiting until after the Super Bowl to fill those positions.

Shurmur has close ties to the Eagles and some of their staff in Philadelphia, where he spent 12 years of his coaching career, so it is possible he could be looking to bring in someone from there.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...hunter-offensive-line-coach-article-1.3788273

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
So the hiring of Hal Hunter should showcase how truly fortuante the Rams were last year in the hiring of Aaron Kromer....The Giants have similar OL problems the Rams had after 2016 and were able to land one of the top OL Coaches in the game, the Giants turn their Offensive Line woes over to a man, who has been out of football for a year and has been fired by the Indianapolis Cots and Cleveland Browns respectively. WOW!

Quite Frankly before hiring a guy like Hunter, I would have gone with a younger up and comer IMHO, you only have to look at Matt Nagy's staff in Chicago as he landed renowned OL Coach Harry Hiestand, who coached in the NFL and most recently Notre Dame. Again it's hires like Hunter that always have me shaking my head, whereas, when it comes to Assistant Coaches, IMHO, McVay gets it and the Los Angeles Rams will have another test this season with the losses of LaFleur & Olson and the promotions of Kromer, Waldron & Taylor and the addition of Jedd Fische.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

And it's still Up-In-The-Air weather Fitzgerald will be back next year too!!
I don't think he is interested in starting all over again, I think he is going to try and move to a Contender or Retire!!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Pat "Passes Short" Shurmur.
that's kinda funny....
He hired Cigs as his...QB coach?
No guarantee with his play type and extent of injury on Deshaun. Couple with a terrible, terrible OL and no first and second round picks
I thought Deshaun was playing marvelously....

It's a lil amazing how Cigs, Schotty, and Shurmur can get pretty significant gigs....curious, where the hell is Boras?

I don't know about yall, but the Az hire....coupled with the SF hire...makes me nervous....just when we get on top....

And Seahawks still have Pete and Russell W.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
that's kinda funny....
He hired Cigs as his...QB coach?
I thought Deshaun was playing marvelously....

It's a lil amazing how Cigs, Schotty, and Shurmur can get pretty significant gigs....curious, where the hell is Boras?

I don't know about yall, but the Az hire....coupled with the SF hire...makes me nervous....just when we get on top....

And Seahawks still have Pete and Russell W.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
years ago...my future wife talked me into watching Titanic....and I finally became a fan of movies...that...well, I usually wouldn't watch....I'm a Terminator, Scarface, Goodfellas, and Menace to Society kinda guy. LOL...or couldn't you tell???? Anyhoots...loved me some Tom Hanks....I liked that tv show he was on...played a girl....funny guy....so, I really loved Forrest Gump...great story....wished it was true.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
years ago...my future wife talked me into watching Titanic....and I finally became a fan of movies...that...well, I usually wouldn't watch....I'm a Terminator, Scarface, Goodfellas, and Menace to Society kinda guy. LOL...or couldn't you tell???? Anyhoots...loved me some Tom Hanks....I liked that tv show he was on...played a girl....funny guy....so, I really loved Forrest Gump...great story....wished it was true.
"Bosom Buddies"....You like Westerns?
6S9paxt.jpg

CmUWVLq.gif