Chip Kelly on Jared Goff: "He’s very accurate when he has a chance to get his feet set.”

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Scirca

Rookie
Highlights from what Chip Kelly said of Goff

“You’ve seen him get better as the more snaps he’s played,” Kelly said Wednesday. “He throws a nice ball. It’s catchable. He’s very accurate when he has a chance to get his feet set.”

“Obviously we need to disrupt the timing of the routes and try to get some pressure on him,” Kelly said. “When you give him time to throw, he’s a very accurate thrower.”

Source:http://www.eastbaytimes.com/2016/12...witter&utm_term=Autofeed#link_time=1482352261

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'd venture a guess that 99% of all QBs are accurate when they have a chance to get their feet set.

Scirca

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd venture a guess that 99% of all QBs are accurate when they have a chance to get their feet set.

There is a difference between accurate and Very accurate. I'm telling you, once we get this o-line issue fixed you will see why I hold him in such high regard in that area. Btw are gifs allowed on here? I ask because there is one specific throw that showcased to me in Cal(sophomore year) that he is special.

Last edited:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
There is a difference between accurate and Very accurate. I'm telling you, once we get this o-line issue fixed you will see why I hold him in such high regard in that area. Btw are gifs allowed on here? I ask because there is one specific throw that showcased to me that he is special.
You don't have to show me gifs, I scouted him like everyone else who did their due diligence, and I have Game Pass. All I'm saying is that it's not a perfect world. Defenses are designed to keep quarterbacks from getting comfortable in the pocket, so he should get used to the fact that he may not have the luxury of a perfect drop and set.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
There is a difference between accurate and Very accurate. I'm telling you, once we get this o-line issue fixed you will see why I hold him in such high regard in that area. Btw are gifs allowed on here? I ask because there is one specific throw that showcased to me in Cal(sophomore year) that he is special.
Please show. Gifs are more then welcomed.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Btw are gifs allowed on here?

giphy.gif

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I am pretty much positive it will be that throw against Washington....

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Game is fast paced, X is correct. This isnt 1 vs 1 with only one QB for both teams who doesnt get rushed. He will have to adapt and learn to throw accurately on the move if need be. Not everyone has the luxury of time in the pocket.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Eh, I wouldn't say that at all. I think there's a difference between having a chance to get your feet set and perfect protection.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Eh, I wouldn't say that at all. I think there's a difference between having a chance to get your feet set and perfect protection.
This is exactly what I was thinking. Even the best QBs ever struggle with constant pressure. I've seen more plays where Goff is running for his life then where he gets a proper amount of time to drop back and scan the field.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
From his Cal film i saw a QB who had the ability to set and reset his feet very quickly under pressure to deliver an accurate ball.
That hasn't translated yet. I attest that to his unfamiliarity with a pro offense and the speed of the game. He isn't comfortable enough yet to just let his instincts kick in.
He hasn't had quality protection either, obviously.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
dude...that one throw to Quick last week said a lot to me....all that college accuracy is just that, college stuff.
I will say this about that throw to Quick in the EZ ... and my son said the same thing. Goff was more than likely expecting BQ to settle in the open area, instead he kept running. More a lack of familiarity and being on the same page. When you are THAT wide open ... just SIT!

Scirca

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I will say this about that throw to Quick in the EZ ... and my son said the same thing. Goff was more than likely expecting BQ to settle in the open area, instead he kept running. More a lack of familiarity and being on the same page. When you are THAT wide open ... just SIT!

Is it this throw that he is talking about?
@LACHAMP46

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
dude...that one throw to Quick last week said a lot to me....all that college accuracy is just that, college stuff.

The throw he rushed where he didn't set his feet? That's rookie jitters. Has happened to the best QBs. Do we get to contrast that throw with the perfectly thrown deep ball the week before to Quick?