Byron Murphy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Joel Klatt also went with Mims in his mock… that was because the 1 DT he felt worthy of a 1st round pick was gone, that being Murphy.
I don't know anything about Klatt. But Mims is inconsistent as hell when you watch his games. And re: Murphy I don't think he's the best DT. Granted I'm just some dude who watched several of each of their games (not highlights) so it's possible I missed his best ones, but to me Newton and him and very close and I'd probably take Newton. And I think Fiske will be a better pro than both of them.

So if Klatt is some draft visionary that means I have a lot to work on. :laugh4:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I don't know anything about Klatt. But Mims is inconsistent as hell when you watch his games. And re: Murphy I don't think he's the best DT. Granted I'm just some dude who watched several of each of their games (not highlights) so it's possible I missed his best ones, but to me Newton and him and very close and I'd probably take Newton. And I think Fiske will be a better pro than both of them.

So if Klatt is some draft visionary that means I have a lot to work on. :laugh4:
Fiske seems to have that "gristle" factor and I like some gristle on a FB team. He damn sure looks and plays the part. You know, that stuff AD was flush with.

Memphis Ram

Legend
For what it's worth, I don't think there's a ILB in this draft that can compare to those two.

Edit:
But I should say, Cooper intrigues...
Roquan Smith? No.
Patrick Queen? I'm not so sure.

Either way I'd say that Cooper is closer to both of them than any DTs in the draft is to Donald.:)

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Roquan Smith? No.

Either way I'd say that Cooper is closer to both of them than any DTs in the draft is to Donald.:)
When it comes to defensive linemen, as Ram fans, we sure have been spoiled over the years.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Klatt is more of a college football guy and not a prospect evaluator

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
Trade back and add two DL/DT pieces in that late first early/mid 2nd round range: Newton, Jenkins, Fiske, etc. and a Kneeland, Dorlus, Darius Robinson, etc. type.

Or if they are sold on Murphy and he's at 19, take him. Then add either Kneeland or Dorlus.

Either way, a much needed boost (albeit young) to the DL.
If we were to trade back would McVay be tempted to draft Nix if he’s available late first? He could be something if he sits and learns behind Stafford. Maybe I am just not excited as others by the players at the top of the draft but a player like Nix could out rank most if not all of the top 19 players taken in this draft when the dust settles.

Last edited:

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
Changes nothing! The Rams trust their scouting department and clearly don't follow the norms.
I tend to agree with you but I think that where we pick in the 2nd will not help us if we pass on an Edge with our first pick. I could easily see a run on this position before we return to the podium

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Mims reminds me of Gregg Robinson in that he’s a raw physical freak

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I forget who it was, but I heard in a draft podcast that he really got upset when someone pointed that out.
He is one of my favorite college broadcasters and he really is in the know on teams and games and NCAA stuff. But a draft analyst? No thanks

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
Man I would love to trade back with a team like Buffulo! The value chart = our 1st and the compensatory 3rd for their 1st (28th) and 2nd (60th) + a late pick (possibly a 5th round)

That would give us the fire power to trade back up as high as pick 29 without giving up more than our 2 seconds

This is the year to trade down IMO because there will be some solid players available in those spots that would help shore up positions of need

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Man I would love to trade back with a team like Buffulo! The value chart = our 1st and the compensatory 3rd for their 1st (28th) and 2nd (60th) + a late pick (possibly a 5th round)

That would give us the fire power to trade back up as high as pick 29 without giving up more than our 2 seconds

This is the year to trade down IMO because there will be some solid players available in those spots that would help shore up positions of need
Yeah, just watching DJ's mock on NFL Network right now. He has us taking Latua at 19, but Newton, Murphy, Darious Robinson, and Chop Robinson all being taken after 25.

To me, I would move back if possible. Maybe a team wants one of those top remaining OTs and want to make sure they get them.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Roquan Smith? No.

I love Cooper, but those guys are not exactly the equal of Donald in terms of all time LBs.

You would have to compare him to Ray Lewis for that comparison to be more accurate or meaningful.

Overall though, I do love Cooper and wouldn't mind trading back for him even if it means early rd 2 and in the process accumulating a lot of picks...maybe even one for the 25' draft

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we were to trade back would McVay be tempted to draft Nix if he’s available late first? He could be something if he sits and learns behind Stafford. Maybe I am just not excited as others by the players at the top of the draft but a player like Nix could out rank most if not all of the top 19 players taken in this draft when the dust settles.
That's probably what they'll do and the board will detonate. :laugh4:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I love Cooper, but those guys are not exactly the equal of Donald in terms of all time LBs.

You would have to compare him to Ray Lewis for that comparison to be more accurate or meaningful.

Overall though, I do love Cooper and wouldn't mind trading back for him even if it means early rd 2 and in the process accumulating a lot of picks...maybe even one for the 25' draft
He would look great next to Jones. And our new DC is a LB source coach. An ILB to me feels like a luxury but if it were to happen and they get the pieces they need up front it would be fun to watch.

Memphis Ram

Legend

Not sure why. The Rams aren't looking to replace Ray Lewis with a draft eligible player and the example provided was in response to Queen & Smith for the Ravens.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Yeah, just watching DJ's mock on NFL Network right now. He has us taking Latua at 19, but Newton, Murphy, Darious Robinson, and Chop Robinson all being taken after 25.

To me, I would move back if possible. Maybe a team wants one of those top remaining OTs and want to make sure they get them.
It would be the move to make if the Rams had all of those players graded the same.

But I think that's HIGHLY unlikely, and Snead might be passing on Bobby Wagner again.