Breer predicting Cutler to Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Why invest in an overrated overpaid malcontent who can't get done with some of the best weapons in the league? He is 31 and is and had been uncoachable, I doubt that changes.

Fisher has dealt with troubled pasts who's troubles were off the field. Cutlers issues are on field.

Oh please please don't let Cutler come to St. Louis.

What is he owed 126M or something like that? Bad player bad attitude and even a worse contract.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cutler and Schotty. Like that's going to end well

I actually think it would. Keep in mind that Schotty and Brett Favre were doing fine together before Brett tore his biceps despite Brett's tendency to turn it over. And Schotty was able to work with Sanchez and get positive play out of him despite his tendency to turn it over.

I don't think Schotty would have issues with Cutler.

And I think Breer, like myself, is connecting the dots here. The truth is that it makes a lot of sense. The Rams need stability at QB. Cutler can likely be had cheap in an off-season where there aren't many good options. He'd offer the Rams the temporary stability they need. He's not going to offer them elite play but he'd be the best QB Fisher has had since McNair and is a good enough starting QB that we can make the playoffs.

I know people aren't excited but I think it's making the best out of bad situation. I really wish Sam could be relied on because I think he's potentially a much better QB than Cutler but that ship appears to be sailing.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why invest in an overrated overpaid malcontent who can't get done with some of the best weapons in the league? He is 31 and is and had been uncoachable, I doubt that changes.

Fisher has dealt with troubled pasts who's troubles were off the field. Cutlers issues are on field.

Oh please please don't let Cutler come to St. Louis.

What is he owed 126M or something like that? Bad player bad attitude and even a worse contract.

It's essentially a 2 year $31.5 million deal. That would give us time to figure out our QB of the future and develop him. I think it's a good bridge. Especially if he can be had cheap in terms of trade compensation.

Yes, he's overpaid. But I don't think he's overrated. He is what he is. And we all know what that is.

I think Cutler in St. Louis is making the best out of this bad situation. We have the pieces. He can provide enough stability at QB for us to contend until we find our next guy.

Lesson

Oh, really?
He's not going to offer them elite play but he'd be the best QB Fisher has had since McNair

I'd argue Bradford's play in 2012 is better than what Cutler is doing right now. Additionally, while I understand he was forced on him and it's partially his own fault that he didn't succeed, VY was probably the most talented QB Fisher has had. And that didn't end well.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd argue Bradford's play in 2012 is better than what Cutler is doing right now. Additionally, while I understand he was forced on him and it's partially his own fault that he didn't succeed, VY was probably the most talented QB Fisher has had. And that didn't end well.

Disagree. Vince Young lacked talent in the important areas of QBing.

Bradford play in 2012 might be better...it's arguable. But again, I think we all mostly agree that a healthy Bradford makes us a 10+ win team. Unfortunately, that's not an option. And it's something we just can't count on. Before, I was all for sticking with Sam and getting a Plan B because that was our best option(with us not getting Winston). But trading for Cutler and trading Bradford might just be a better option. I think the world of Sam but I can't take another year of him on IR and me stuck watching this team underachieve because of backup QBs.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
I know the bears take the whole contract hit if they release him, but what is their hit if they trade him...don't they still end up with a good chunk of dead money?

I can't recall how this works...

Lesson

Oh, really?
Disagree. Vince Young lacked talent in the important areas of QBing.

Bradford play in 2012 might be better...it's arguable. But again, I think we all mostly agree that a healthy Bradford makes us a 10+ win team. Unfortunately, that's not an option. And it's something we just can't count on. Before, I was all for sticking with Sam and getting a Plan B because that was our best option(with us not getting Winston). But trading for Cutler and trading Bradford might just be a better option. I think the world of Sam but I can't take another year of him on IR and me stuck watching this team underachieve because of backup QBs.

It's not like Cutler doesn't have concerns, though. He has had 7 diagnosed concussions. I think that's almost as bad as Bradford's injury history. I'm all for bringing in Cutler on the cheap, but having two QBs with injury histories frightens me.

Oh, and I think VY lacked what a good QB needs, intelligence on and off the field. I think he's developed it off the field since he's retired, but still.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If he can't get it done with Marshall, Jeffrey, Forte, and Bennett, then he can't get it done. Plus he is paid like an elite QB, which he isn't. I would rather take my chances on Bradford being healthy over Jeff George 2.0.

This^

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Cutler to Houston Bill O'Brien believes he's a Quarterback Guru and will think that he can repair his psyche.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
God no, I wouldn't wish Cutler on my worst enemy. We need to leave mediocrity behind, not bring in more.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Lets see:
IMO...
Locker room baggage-advantage Bradford
Health-advantage Cutler
Cost-advantage Bradford
Production-advantage Cutler
Turnovers-advantage Bradford
Experience-advantage Cutler
Swagger-advantage Cutler
Plug and play-advantage Bradford

And some numbers...

Bradford career QB rating 79.3
Cutler career QB rating 85.3

Bradford career TD/INT 59/38
Cutler career TD/INT 183/130

Career completion%
Bradford 58.6%
Cutler 61.7%

Bradford TD% 3.4
Cutler TD% 4.8

Bradford INT% 2.2
Cutler INT% 3.4

Career avg/completion
Bradford 6.3 yds
Cutler 7.2 yds

Scrambling:
Bradford 5 yds/gm 2 career TD's
Cutler 11.7 yds/gm 8 career TD's

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I am not a big fan of Cutler. If he can't succeed with Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffrey, Martellus Bennett, and Matt Forte as his supporting cast, there's something wrong with him, and I'd rather not see him with a considerably worse group of weapons. Maybe a change of scenery would be nice for him, but not holding my breath.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It's obviously very difficult to get Cutler and Bradford on the same team contractually, but that's Demoff's problem. If anyone could make that happen, he could. Salary isn't something I typically worry about when I sit down to watch my team play anyway. Now. All that said, which pic is more exciting?

BcHZXsKCUAAsdb4.jpg

B5HtH7yIQAARlPx.jpg

ram007

Starter
I actually think it would. Keep in mind that Schotty and Brett Favre were doing fine together before Brett tore his biceps despite Brett's tendency to turn it over. And Schotty was able to work with Sanchez and get positive play out of him despite his tendency to turn it over.

I don't think Schotty would have issues with Cutler.

And I think Breer, like myself, is connecting the dots here. The truth is that it makes a lot of sense. The Rams need stability at QB. Cutler can likely be had cheap in an off-season where there aren't many good options. He'd offer the Rams the temporary stability they need. He's not going to offer them elite play but he'd be the best QB Fisher has had since McNair and is a good enough starting QB that we can make the playoffs.

I know people aren't excited but I think it's making the best out of bad situation. I really wish Sam could be relied on because I think he's potentially a much better QB than Cutler but that ship appears to be sailing.

1. Schotty and Brett Favre worked. since it is not unreasonable to guess Brett Favre was running the show. Aka Warner at Arizona
2. Cutler is antonym for stability.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1. Schotty and Brett Favre worked. since it is not unreasonable to guess Brett Favre was running the show. Aka Warner at Arizona
2. Cutler is antonym for stability.

Not really. Cutler is pretty stable. You're confusing stability and quality. Cutler is average but he's stable.

@drasconis Bears eat $4 million if they trade him. The Rams are on the hook for his base salary and any other money not yet paid out if they acquire him.