Any News On Bradford?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Not sure how Bradford is.
But his agent is grinning because he's going ask the Rams for a raise.

My God. I've never even considered that scenario. Is there anything lower than a sports agent? If that happens, Sam should fire the asshole and play for free - lead us to a Super Bowl and become mayor of St. Louis.

Seriously, I hope Sam agrees to an incentive based offer and wins CPOY.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Ok so whats your plan to address the qb position in a big way? Trade for Aaron Rodgers?! There are maybe, maube two good qbs in the upcoming draft and the rams wont be in position to draft them. Even if they were there is no guarantee that they will be good in the nfl. There are no good free agent qbs and noone is going to trade a good qb. So what is your great plan? Bradford is the rams best chance to win next year and people need to get over it.
agree. its Bradford or die next year cus he's the best chance for the 2015 season other options will include losing too much of something to gamble on something new. Fisher knows this but we will all huff and puff about the subject here until its official. and that could be a while...

RmsLegends

Rookie
No way Bradford takes all the sacks or runs into them the way Davis did

In truth Bradford has better QB skills than Davis also in truth Davis is more mobile than Bradford so odds are Bradford might have about the same sack count as what his skills might have him escaped some Davis could not have however Davis mobility had him escape some Bradford could not have. One thing is for sure this is all speculation by us as history can only record what has been done not what we think would have happened.

However history has already recorded when Bradford is sacked between 5-6% of the time he drops back he is a 7 game winner for the season and greater than that his win record becomes worse. So my guess is with what our line is giving up we would be about the same record. Of course pure speculation as ya have to actually play the games for history to count it and be reality.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
In truth Bradford has better QB skills than Davis also in truth Davis is more mobile than Bradford so odds are Bradford might have about the same sack count as what his skills might have him escaped some Davis could not have however Davis mobility had him escape some Bradford could not have. One thing is for sure this is all speculation by us as history can only record what has been done no what we think would have happened.

However history has already recorded when Bradford is sacked between 5-6% of the time he drops back he is a 7 game winner for the season and greater than that his win record becomes worse. So my guess is with what our line is giving up we would be about the same record. Of course pure speculation as ya have to actually play the games for history to count it and be reality.
What I saw was Davis got jumpy and ran himself into a lot of sacks Bradford does not do that his eyes do not come down to the rush. He continues to go through his progressions and checks down if there is nothing there on the primary routes.

Agreed on the speculation

cgsuddeath

Rookie
Name
cgsuddeath
I can't speak for others but my plan was to trade down from 2 for an extra first this year in case we needed to trade up for a QB and/or to take a QB early like Garapolo. I also liked Mettenberger.

Many people saw BEFORE last draft that something like this could happen and that it would be a horrible spot to be in. The Rams are seeing how relevant the saying, "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" really is. This regime gambled and got burned. And I still don't get all the love that Bradford gets from some people. We still don't know what he can do so saying some rookies aren't a guarantee doesn't mean much considering the same can be said of Sam.
Please refer back to his rookie season and that should answer your question.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't think the record is any better, maybe one more win but could also be one less win, than it is now with Bradford if he had stayed healthy. I think people like to romanticize and project his production based on his potential.

i can only reply to this post by using an acronym. an acronym i despise so much every time i see it or hear it. i hate it with a passion. but this post is so outrageous i feel compelled to use such a despised acronym.

lol.

there. i did it. i hate you for making me use it.

i can't even begin to explain why that post is so wrong. no explanation needed really.

So you are on the ownership team with Kronke? Wow I didn't think people like that really posted on these boards:whistle:

I'll remember to use "That team we're discussing on this internet forum and the majority of members are fans of, although I do believe there's also a Cowboys fan, and occasionally a fan of our next opponent so not their team" in the future, it's just that "we" was slightly shorter.

Alan

Legend
ramsince62 thinking the exception are the rule:
I don't think when a QB is selected matters a tinkers damn, except for (unfortunately) the most hyped. Haven't we seen sufficient examples of busts at all levels and surprise successes from modest beginnings.? Just how often does a (luck) come along? Starting QB's appear a crap shoot for the most part, at least more than most care to admit. The NFL tank is littered with Heisman's.

One things for certain, this team needs a QB to advance and time is running out....either that or a string of 7-9's which is exactly where I think they end up in Dec.
There was a study posted about this very subject and while the Tam Bradys and the Kurt Warners are part of the equation, the odds remain the same for every position. The higher in the draft you are the better chance you have for success. That's just statistics and you can rail against them or hope to beat the house in Vegas but it's just not gonna happen on a consistent basis. A 70% chance of success still means you have a 30% chance of failure.

Potential players are gone through with such a fine toothed comb before the draft that it's getting harder and harder to find a diamond in the ruff. That's why Snisher drafted a relatively unknown small school player like Quick so early in the draft. Everyone knew about him so he couldn't afford to wait. The corollary to that intense scrutiny is that most of the good players are identified and drafted early. You just can't get around that and the teams that luck out drafting guys like Gaines did just that, they lucked out.

As far as needing a franchise QB to take the next step, I couldn't agree with you more.

Jay hohen

UDFA
Name
Jay hohen
I think, Bradford need help for offense score when we need sign by DeSean Jackson or Dez Bryant then Sign to Vernon David because they are a great fix and help to Bradford will get better much and successful a quarterback. Let's go Sam Bradford next season. Can't wait. .

RmsLegends

Rookie
What I saw was Davis got jumpy and ran himself into a lot of sacks Bradford does not do that his eyes do not come down to the rush. He continues to go through his progressions and checks down if there is nothing there on the primary routes.

Problem is those skills left him unable to avoid the two hands touch that did the following in the video. We are in a position after this year that like every year we have to address our line unless we find it a ok risk to any future QB's health letting him get acquainted with the ground so much. So while it is speculation what Bradford might have done if he stayed healthy the reality is we already know what happened because our line has not been properly addressed a two hand touch took him out for the season and we have been left with trying to garner wins with backup QB's.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

That is counter to what everyone who has studied his game tape says about him. There is a reason he got the nickname Captain Checkdown. I think it was an over reaction but there is an element of truth to it.

The defenses Davis faced would have had an easier time with a QB that is a pure pocket passer, Bradford may well have been sacked more especially since one of the other knocks on his is his feel in the pocket, his pocket awareness.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Problem is those skills left him unable to avoid the two hands touch that did the following in the video. We are in a position after this year that like every year we have to address our line unless we find it a ok risk to any future QB's health letting him get acquainted with the ground so much. So while it is speculation what Bradford might have done if he stayed healthy the reality is we already know what happened because our line has not been properly addressed a two hand touch took him out for the season and we have been left with trying to garner wins with backup QB's.

A sad situation there trying too hard to get Long back to start the season. The problem with that play was that Long should not have been in there trying to protect our franchise QB who was also coming off an injury, if they wanted to tune him up let him do it after Bradford is out. If he does his job that hit to Bradford's knee does not happen. They both probably came back to early but in this case it was a push to get Long time before the season started, a bad decision that cost Sam this year. I thing Grob is getting valuable time and will not give up the LOT position but there are still weaknesses that need to be addressed on the Oline. I am always a proponent of building from the lines out.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
That is counter to what everyone who has studied his game tape says about him. There is a reason he got the nickname Captain Checkdown. I think it was an over reaction but there is an element of truth to it.

The defenses Davis faced would have had an easier time with a QB that is a pure pocket passer, Bradford may well have been sacked more especially since one of the other knocks on his is his feel in the pocket, his pocket awareness.
Not buying it

moklerman

Warner-phile

And he "may" have read the defense differently, checked to other plays, got the ball out of his hand quicker...maybe he did take fewer risks(check downs) but cutting down on sacks would have been a byproduct of that approach.

Athos

Legend
I don't think the record is any better, maybe one more win but could also be one less win, than it is now with Bradford if he had stayed healthy. I think people like to romanticize and project his production based on his potential.

Agree to disagree. I think people forget just how few mistakes he actually made in game, especially in regards to TOs. And his arm, with the WRs of this year, would be far better than they have been with Hill/Davis. Which in turn, increases the production of the running game.......since we'd have actually had a QB with an arm to threaten Ds.

With Sam, we win against the Vikes, Cowgirlies, sweep SF, beat ARZ, beat SD. 5 extra wins and we're sitting at 9-2.

Anyway.......we need Sam healthy so we can sit and develop a young QB (I pray it's Mariota or pray to the gods Hundley works out) for a year.

V3

Hall of Fame
Please refer back to his rookie season and that should answer your question.
Not impressed. Sure, it's good for a rookie but other than that, his stats aren't anything special. Bradford is still a major question mark. Now add in his durability.

jap

Legend
My God. I've never even considered that scenario. Is there anything lower than a sports agent? If that happens, Sam should fire the arsehole and play for free - lead us to a Super Bowl and become mayor of St. Louis.

I don't see how Sam's agent is in a strong bargaining position---not with his guy incapacitated by injuries two years running. Before Sam gets any sizable multiyear contract, he needs to have a Prove-it year to show he can be stable in the pocket.

The Horns do need to go out of their way to give Sam the one thing he has never enjoyed to this point in his NFL career---a solid OL. They already have the LT of the present and future in GRob, who needs some technical fine-tuning before he can truly morph into Gregzilla. The have a solid Pro Bowl-caliber guard in the often-nicked up Beetlejuice, who will need a solid backup for the times he goes down. They need to evaluate whether Joe Barksdale is the longterm answer at RG, or whether they need to shop elsewhere. They need a starting-caliber road grader guard at the other guard spot. Finally, they need to settle on a longterm answer at center---someone to replace aging Scott Wells.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
And he "may" have read the defense differently, checked to other plays, got the ball out of his hand quicker...maybe he did take fewer risks(check downs) but cutting down on sacks would have been a byproduct of that approach.

Well this is all speculation. All we know for a fact is the production, record and all the rest isn't what this Rams team needs. It needs a leader that can stay on the field and help them win games.

Bradford has certainly proven he isn't that guy.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
My God. I've never even considered that scenario. Is there anything lower than a sports agent? If that happens, Sam should fire the arsehole and play for free - lead us to a Super Bowl and become mayor of St. Louis.

Why does he even need to do that? Unless we're just done with him and are ready to play hardball, we got nothing on him and we know it. If I'm Fisher, I'm letting him play out his contact and finding someone behind him. At this point, it's Gilbert and Keenum. Why? Because the other two have already kissed the bed and it's time to wash the sheets for someone else.