Any News On Bradford?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
There's a big helping of truth in that. The question is, what QB would we have preferred to take in place of which of this past year's draft picks if we had a do over? Hindsight is always 20/20.

I guess some might suggest we could (should?) have taken Johnny HotDog in place of Aaron Donald, but I for one am glad we didn't. AD appears to have all the makings of a frequent ProBowler. And quite honestly, w/o him, I don't think the D is nearly as stout this year. I've just never been overly impressed with Langford, and quite honestly, Brockers hasn't been 'all that' IMO, either.

Others may suggest several possibilities over Joyner, but there were also a lot of screams for a FS at the time as well. I'm still not sure if Snisher drafted him with that role in mind. But these days, with as often as teams play nickel and/or dime packages, a team can't have too many good CB's either.

Hindsight is 20/20 but I thought Derek Carr was the best qb in last years class before the draft so instead of trading up for Joyner I wish they would have traded up a little further to get Carr, or they could have stayed where they were at 44 and took Garoppolo. This is hindsight because I wasn't that high on Garoppolo before the draft but today I'd take him over Joyner in a heartbeat.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Being that the thread was about Sam, I will give my two cents on his injury. From what they said after it happened, he had a re-tear of his ACL but no damage to his MCL. He has more time to rehab than last time and a less severe injury. I am going to hope that he comes back healthy because I think he is our best hope for a successful 2015. I am thinking(hoping) he is our QB for next year and his knee returns to full strength.

We still need to draft a QB early IMO. Nothing remotely surprising there. Who? I dunno and I understand why many of you want to discuss potentials in the draft. I agree with @NJRamsFan in that there is still a lot of time before the draft and a lot of things can and likely will change between now and then.

Unfortunately, I thought we should have drafted a QB early last year as well and we are in an even worse position to do so this year.
You had me at "I agree with NJRamsFan"

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I think there's a middle ground between drafting a QB in the sixth round and drafting one in the top 10 picks or even in the first round. Second or third round sounds about right to me.

I don't think when a QB is selected matters a tinkers damn, except for (unfortunately) the most hyped. Haven't we seen sufficient examples of busts at all levels and surprise successes from modest beginnings.? Just how often does a (luck) come along? Starting QB's appear a crap shoot for the most part, at least more than most care to admit. The NFL tank is littered with Heisman's.

One things for certain, this team needs a QB to advance and time is running out....either that or a string of 7-9's which is exactly where I think they end up in Dec.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I think just cutting Bradford would be a mistake, but we do need to draft a QB high no matter what. This team doesn't have a lot of holes, so having a high QB draft pick riding the bench won't hurt us at all.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I keep on forgetting he exists, and then they show him standing on the side line, it's like "Oh yeah we're still paying that guy $15m this year".
So you are on the ownership team with Kronke? Wow I didn't think people like that really posted on these boards:whistle:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I don't think the record is any better, maybe one more win but could also be one less win, than it is now with Bradford if he had stayed healthy. I think people like to romanticize and project his production based on his potential.

I hope the Bradford era is over because he hasn't panned out and is not available to play. This team is set to win and be in contention for the next few years and cannot afford a guy under center who is average and injury prone and that is exactly what Bradford has been for 5 years. I wanted to see it work out and for the Rams to have a star QB but that's simply not been the case.

Sometimes you have to admit the error and hit the delete key and move forward.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
IMO, he is still, by far, the best QB on our roster...now if we can get him on our active roster...that's be something. I think we could have had a very good year. The injury sickened me, but this team has still surprised me in a lot of good ways.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Isn't it amazing and shocking how little QB talent is coming out of the college the college ranks? I mean when teams like ARZ and STL just keep patching up their broken down QB's and sending them back out in the fire under big contracts, that's pretty telling how much the NCAA really does suck.

I say forget drafting a QB high and just roll with Sam... again. How many times can we come up snake eyes, anyhow? :snicker:

Oh, we need to extend Sam BTw. I bet he'd come at a reasonable price right now.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I don't think the record is any better, maybe one more win but could also be one less win, than it is now with Bradford if he had stayed healthy. I think people like to romanticize and project his production based on his potential.

I hope the Bradford era is over because he hasn't panned out and is not available to play. This team is set to win and be in contention for the next few years and cannot afford a guy under center who is average and injury prone and that is exactly what Bradford has been for 5 years. I wanted to see it work out and for the Rams to have a star QB but that's simply not been the case.

Sometimes you have to admit the error and hit the delete key and move forward.
And so pull a rookie out of college and throw him in there in the middle of the first round and he is going to be better than average?
Sorry but that guy is not going to be Luck, even if they somehow got the best QB in the draft over the next 5 years the first 2 will be thrown away learning how to play in the NFL IF he stays healthy. That is exactly what the Rams did with Bradford and there is not a guy coming out that is close to what Bradford was in college.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

RmsLegends

Rookie
Hurry back Sam. I can't help but think our record would be at least flipped if we would of had Sam all year. We need Sam back and we need to draft a QB. All we have on the roster is career back-ups. No jab at Davis or Hill but just a plain observation.

I am not so sure our record would be any better with Bradford under center. In 2011 when he was sacked 9.2% of the time he dropped back for a total of 36 sacks he went 1-9. Right now we have given up 34 sacks and still some year yet to play. So my guess would be we would be about the same record and with Bradford in there we would have more posts about how we needed a better line if he is gonna succeed.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I am not so sure our record would be any better with Bradford under center. In 2011 when he was sacked 9.2% of the time he dropped back for a total of 36 sacks he went 1-9. Right now we have given up 34 sacks and still some year yet to play. So my guess would be we would be about the same record and with Bradford in there we would have more posts about how we needed a better line if he is gonna succeed.
No way Bradford takes all the sacks or runs into them the way Davis did

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Isn't it amazing and shocking how little QB talent is coming out of the college the college ranks? I mean when teams like ARZ and STL just keep patching up their broken down QB's and sending them back out in the fire under big contracts, that's pretty telling how much the NCAA really does suck.

I say forget drafting a QB high and just roll with Sam... again. How many times can we come up snake eyes, anyhow? :snicker:

Not enough pro systems out there too much spread and disparity of speed they just are not ready to play at the NFL level coming out of college.

moklerman

Warner-phile

There certainly isn't an obvious choice coming out but there are options for teams who know where to look. Look at Orton. I guess Hill was supposed to be our version of Orton but it just hasn't worked that way.

For example, I think Glennon could be a good pickup for a QB needy team.