3 NFL games in London next season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MarkMyWords

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mark
Why i$ the NFL $tarting to play $o many game$ in other countrie$? It ju$t doe$n't make cents! It doe$ and $hould make the local fan$ $o very mad becau$e it co$t them a home game. I ju$t don't get it. Anybody have a gue$$???

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Why i$ the NFL $tarting to play $o many game$ in other countrie$? It ju$t doe$n't make cents! It doe$ and $hould make the local fan$ $o very mad becau$e it co$t them a home game. I ju$t don't get it. Anybody have a gue$$???

There's a subliminal message there somewhere -- just can't quite put my finger on it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
You don't drink tea brother? :)
I'm guessing you know I'm just messin' around. But I am not a big tea drinker. Never really got into it. I'm in the Pacific NW. We drink a lot of coffee around here. I even have an Italian Roast made just for my restaurant from a local roaster. No milk or cream for me in my coffee. I do love a good Thai Iced Tea but you probably wouldn't like it.
upload_2014-11-6_16-55-15.jpeg

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Generosity?

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Mmmm... Cheerios.... arrrrrgghhhhllllllll.....

Nothing worse than milky tea with my dry almost pastry almost Danish type flavorless biscuit like thing.
What if the pastry is filled with lemon jelly?

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
I'm guessing you know I'm just messin' around. But I am not a big tea drinker. Never really got into it. I'm in the Pacific NW. We drink a lot of coffee around here. I even have an Italian Roast made just for my restaurant from a local roaster. No milk or cream for me in my coffee. I do love a good Thai Iced Tea but you probably wouldn't like it.
View attachment 3959

I drink a lot of coffee over here also, but it's just instant freeze dried stuff, maybe the odd cappuccino packet if I'm lucky. Something to perk me awake. No beans, no blenders, no boiling pots. Just good old cheap, add boiling water, instant coffee. You'd hate it! Haha

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Mmmm... Cheerios.... arrrrrgghhhhllllllll.....

What if the pastry is filled with lemon jelly?
Hmmmmm Lemon Jelly Filled Scone. Not sure even that fantabulous concoction from heaven - Lemon Jelly - helps a scone. But I'd give it a shot.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I don't think it's stupid at all.
Nfl is growing over here.. Fast
The games will sell out easily and the fan rally will be packed with 500'000 people at least.

A London franchise is different, that I'm not so sure about.
I don't have a problem with playing games in London.
The problem would be having a team there that has to travel 8 road games to America.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Thanks, but I'm not a soccer lover to the point where Wimbledon would come in second! If I had time after that, I'd head for a golf course for a round or 2!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ager-complains-about-nfl-schedule-at-wembley/

England’s manager complains about NFL schedule at Wembley
Posted by Mike Florio on November 6, 2014

hodgson.jpg
Getty Images

As the NFL grows in England, the stewards of a much more established sport believe American football is encroaching on their turf. Or pitch. Or whatever.

In response to upcoming game between the Jaguars and Cowboys at Wembley Stadium, the manager of England’s national team has complained about the proximity of the game to a qualifier for the Euro 2016 tournament. The English team plays Slovenia six days later.

“I don’t really think you could expect me to say ‘excellent, delighted, well done,'” Roy Hodgson said, via BBC.com. “If I was asked if it was a good thing or not, I would have to say not. . . .

“It is a decision Wembley has made and I know the ground staff will work very, very hard to give us the best pitch they can give us,” Hodgson said. “Hopefully in the future the pitch will recover to its normal level and when it has done that we will be better able to support this type of activity.”

Next year, the Dolphins host the Jets on October 4, five days before England hosts Estonia in another Euro 2016 qualifier. So look for Hodgson to complain, again.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't listen to Woy, he is old and senile.

Hmmmmm Lemon Jelly Filled Scone. Not sure even that fantabulous concoction from heaven - Lemon Jelly - helps a scone. But I'd give it a shot.

I thought you were on a rampage against crumpets, now we're hating scones (the only word in the English language that two people born in the same family can disagree upon the pronunciation of) now? What's wrong with you :mad:

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
I put milk in tea. mainly just for colouring, on the milky scale I think I'm a 1, maybe 2.

Then your ok in my book son. There's two types of people in this world. Those who flood their tea with milk, and those who don't. It's a battle that's existed since the dawn of time

Then your ok in my book son. There's two types of people in this world. Those who flood their tea with milk, and those who don't. It's a battle that's existed since the dawn of time

As long as you don't put sugar in it then that's fine by me. Once asked a teacher of mine if he wanted sugar in his tea, his reply "I'm not a 2 year old".

moklerman

Warner-phile
Seeing that this thread had reached 3 pages I assumed the Rams had been scheduled to go to London. Since they weren't, this isn't really breaking news as the NFL's been playing games over there every year for a while now.

And, since the Cowboys are over there right now it's not like the "popular" teams never go over there either.

Now, I don't know how a franchise based in England could realistically work but it seems there is way too much money and interest to discontinue these exhibitions. So, random teams going each year seems like a workable practice. My thought is that the ultimate goal is to have separate "NFL" leagues around the world.

Since the NFL Europe league didn't last it may seem that that idea wouldn't work but IMO, it needs to be like the old AFL was. The EFL(Europe Football League which I'm calling it) needs to be a real league and not a developmental league. Whether or not they are allowed to sign American players and vice versa would have to be worked out but if they get a shot at the end of the year, with their champion facing the NFL's champion, I think the interest would be there.

Even if they weren't as good right away, if they're getting a real shot and their guys are real players, I think the EFL could actually work. I think they should have done that with the USFL and could even find a way to do it with the CFL. But I love the NFL and watch just about anything related to it and even I had a hard time generating real interest in the NFL Europe games. Same reason I don't really care about minor league baseball.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Hopefully I'll be able to attend a Rams game again this year, I won't be going to Wembley regardless.
Is there something wrong with Wembly? Is it dangerous?

Is there sweet tea in the UK?

During the middle ages, in Europe, alchemists were trying to turn things to gold. In a less dark time in my beloved United States, down in the southern regions science was used to heat up tea so that copious amounts of sugar could be dissolved in it. Drinking sweet tea is a pleasant way to attempt to get diabetes.

Is there something wrong with Wembly? Is it dangerous?

Is there sweet tea in the UK?

During the middle ages, in Europe, alchemists were trying to turn things to gold. In a less dark time in my beloved United States, down in the southern regions science was used to heat up tea so that copious amounts of sugar could be dissolved in it. Drinking sweet tea is a pleasant way to attempt to get diabetes.

Nothing wrong with Wembley, it's just not my cup of tea to pay a lot of money to watch two teams I couldn't give a fuck about when I can just stay home and watch the Rams.

I'm sure there is sweet tea, but the proper stuff you just take straight up.