2017 full 7 rd ROD Mock Draft: Completed

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I got the Dolphins? I can live with that.

TRADING NDAMUKONG SUH. ASKING 7 FIRST ROUND PICKS PLUS THE REST OF YOUR 2017 DRAFT. IF YOU SAY NO, I'LL HAVE HIM STOMP YOUR FACE IN. CHOOSE WISELY.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
OK - so the Saints it is!

It's definitely homework time - I don't know too much about their roster or needs yet - and I don't think that I watched a single game they were in last season!! argggghhhh

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
The cowpokes? Why do you forsake me so?

Jk. At least it's not the texans for a 3rd year in a row lol

Alan

Legend
jrry32 back with some clarification:
It keeps you and others from having to repost the list constantly. You put the draft picks in one thread with the google doc in the OP. You open it up for editing, so people can add their picks as they make them (and make a post in the thread). That way, people will be able to check the OP of that thread for the draft order and who has been drafted. Just seemed easier to me.
So you still appear to be asking everyone to visit multiple threads every time they make a pick. I don't think many would be happy with that. Those of us who have no life would probably find it more organized but from experience I've found that many of our GMs have trouble just checking in regularly. :LOL:

But here's the thing, I don't want anybody else making changes to either the "players already chosen" list or the draft results because I'd simply have to spend an inordinate amount of time checking their work. I say inordinate because you can never know what changes they've made so you have to check and recheck everything. How would I even know if they made the changes they were required to make? When I copy the last version into a new post I know exactly what changes have been made (none) and what changes I've made (only those that are necessary and all those that are necessary). I even alert the next GMs that they're on the clock/on deck despite the fact that they've already been notified by the last picker. I do that because ultimately the responsibility for making this mock work is mine. Though I often need close supervision. Especially at night. :LOL:

I'm not vehemently against multiple threads and we're having this discussion in public because something I might not be fond of might be highly popular with the other members so let's hear some feedback from whoever might decide to comment and see how that goes.

Last edited:

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
So you still appear to be asking everyone to visit multiple threads every time they make a pick. I don't think many would be happy with that. Those of us who have no life would probably find it more organized but from experience I've found that many of our GMs have trouble just checking in regularly. :LOL:

But here's the thing, I don't want anybody else making changes to either the "players already chosen" list or the draft results because I'd simply have to spend an inordinate amount of time checking their work. I say inordinate because you can never know what changes they've made so you have to check and recheck everything. How would I even know if they made the changes they were required to make? When I copy the last version into a new post I know exactly what changes have been made (none) and what changes I've made (only those that are necessary and all those that are necessary). I even alert the next GMs that they're on the clock/on deck despite the fact that they've already been notified by the last picker. I do that because ultimately the responsibility for making this mock work is mine. Though I often need close supervision. Especially at night. :LOL:

I'm not vehemently against multiple threads and we're having this discussion in public because something I might not be fond of might be highly popular with the other members so let's hear some feedback from whoever might decide to comment and see how that goes.

To be perfectly honest I do think the way we worked it last year was pretty good, and the only problem was getting the 'next up' GM to sign in :cautious: - btw - have we discussed the length of time the draft 'window' is open for?

The colour co-ordination is also cool, I think if one person, the commissioner (@Alan) controls the master list then there is less chance of a mistake. we'll obviously all be keeping a keen eye on what's happening too, but I think the one thread solution is the easiest to manage for me - there are some days where I don't have the luxury to pop into multiple threads - and I know, again from the last couple of years as soon as its ROD draft time - it's the first thread I hit up in the morning and the last one I hit at night.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I will have my own big board that I will have here on Google Docs and I will tick players off myself too - I'm happy to grant @Alan access to that list or a backup GM in the instance of keeping the board going if something unforeseen happens and I'm AWOL.

Alan

Legend
I just popped in for a quick check and then it's off to one of my many medical appointments but I'll answer more fully later. Course you'll probably be in bed by then. Slacker!:sleepz:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
OK - so the Saints it is!

It's definitely homework time - I don't know too much about their roster or needs yet - and I don't think that I watched a single game they were in last season!! argggghhhh
It's time for everyone to do their Homework, or they won't stand a chance against me!!(y);):LOL::rolllaugh::mrburnsevil:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

I for one like the way you have it set up already Alan!!(y)

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I'm open to sharing contact information. That way if youre on the clock, you can get a friendly "get your shit together" text letting you know.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So I got the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, first thing first...we're going back to the creamsicle uniforms...let the draft begin!
IMG_1038.JPG

Alan

Legend
shaunpinney with an offer:
I will have my own big board that I will have here on Google Docs and I will tick players off myself too - I'm happy to grant @Alan access to that list or a backup GM in the instance of keeping the board going if something unforeseen happens and I'm AWOL.
First, let me just say thanks for your kind offer.:grouphug:
I plan on doing the "Players already chosen" list just like I did last year and it will be updated every pick (or so). It will be posted along with the updated mock. It will (using last years pics) look exactly like this:

With the 35th pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, the San Diego Chargers select OLB Kevin Dodd from Clemson. @Merlin is on the clock and has until 1426 hours EST, 04APR16 to make his pick. @Riverumbbq is on deck.

Round 1

1. Jets - 12intheBox: Carson Wentz - North Dakota State
2. Cleveland - Corbin: Jared Goff - California
3. Chargers - Shawnbb158: Jalen Ramsey - FSU
4. Cowboys - Rynie/Alan: Joey Bosa - Ohio State
5. Jaguars - PressureD41: Myles Jack - UCLA
6. Ravens - Merlin: Laremy Tunsil - Mississippi
7. 49ers - JackDRams: Deforest Buckner - Oregon
8. Eagles - DaveFan'51: Ezekiel Elliot - Ohio State
9. Buccaneers - LosAngelesRams: Vernon Hargreaves - Florida
10. Giants - Mojo Ram: Laquon Treadwell - Mississippi
11. Bears - Shaunpinney: Leonard Floyd - Georgia
12. Saints - Gandalf: Shaq Lawson - Clemson
13. Dolphins -OC--LeftCoast: Ronnie Stanley - Notre Dame
14. Raiders - -X-: Reggie Ragland - Alabama
15. Rams - Boston Ram: Mackensie Alexander - Clemson
16. Lions - Dieter the Brock: Noah Spence - Eastern Kentucky
17. Falcons - Rams Until I Die: Corey Coleman - Baylor
18. Colts - Legatron4: Cody Whitehair - Kansas State
19. Bills - T-REX: Darron Lee - Ohio State
20. Titans - A55VA6/Alan: Jack Conklin - Michigan State
21. Vikings - jsimcox: Josh Doctson - TCU
22. Texans - Tron: Hunter Henry - Arkansas
23. Redskins - Killgasm: Braxton Miller - Ohio State
24. Bengals - hotanez: Eli Apple - Ohio State
25. 49ers - JackDRams: Jaylon Smith - Notre Dame
26. Seahawks - OldSchool: Sheldon Rankins - Louisville
27. Packers - Ramrocket: Andrew Billings - Baylor
28. Chiefs – JRobinson/Alan: Jarran Reed - Alabama
29. Cardinals - BatteringRambo: Paxton Lynch - Memphis
30. Panthers -Warner4Prez: Emmanuel Ogbah - Oklahoma State
31. Patriots - Riverumbbq: Taylor Decker - Ohio State

Round 2

32. Browns - Corbin: Michael Thomas - Ohio State
33. Titans - A55VA6: A'Shawn Robinson - Alabama
34. Cowboys - Rynie/Alan: William Jackson III - Houston
35. Chargers - Shawnbb158: Kevin Dodd - Clemson
36. Ravens - Merlin:
37. Steelers -TheDYVKX:

(truncated for brevity but won't be in the actual draft)

Players already chosen:
QB:Carson Wentz, Jared Goff, Paxton Lynch,
RB:Ezekiel Elliot,
WR:Laquon Treadwell, Corey Coleman, Josh Doctson, Braxton Miller , Michael Thomas,
TE:Hunter Henry,
OC:Cody Whitehair,
OG:Laremy Tunsil,
OT:Ronnie Stanley, Jack Conklin, Taylor Decker,

DT:Sheldon Rankins, Andrew Billings, Jarran Reed, A'Shawn Robinson,
DE:Joey Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Noah Spence, Emmanuel Ogbah ,
LB:Myles Jack, Leonard Floyd, Shaq Lawson, Reggie Ragland, Darron Lee, Jaylon Smith, Kevin Dodd,
S:
CB:Jalen Ramsey, Vernon Hargreaves, Mackensie Alexander , Eli Apple , William Jackson III,

OTHER:

So I will just be adding each player picked to the "Players already chosen" list as they are chosen. What will you have in your Google doc that isn't already here and available for everyone?

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Nay. They only have to visit one thread. The second thread exists for people who want to talk about the picks as they are made.

I've done this before on another board. You just trust people to do it right. People live up to your expectations. When somebody makes a mistake, there are always people around who can alert them to it.(for example, drafting somebody who was already taken)

It is just less work for the person running the mock. But if you want to take that work on, who am I to stop you? ;)