2017 full 7 rd ROD Mock Draft: Completed

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I wonder which team I'll have this year so far I've had the Titans and the Bears last year - loved the process of going through another team's tapes and picking through their roster with a fine toothed comb to see where the needs are.

Alan

Legend
Tentative group list update:
1. @JackDRams Group 1/Group 2
2. @OldSchool Group 1/Group 2/Group 3
3. @Mojo Ram Group 1/Group 2/Group 3
4. @Memento Group 1/Group 2/Group 3
5. @Tron Group 2/Group 3
6. @den-the-coach Group 1/Group 2
7. @Riverumbbq Group 1/Group 2
8. @T-REX Group 1/Group 3
9. @TheDYVKX Group 3/Group 2
10. @Rams Until I Die Group 2/Group 3
11. @Legatron4 Group 3
12. @ramsplaya16 Group 1
13. @Barrison Group 3
14. @SierraRam Group 3
15. @Ramrasta Group 3
16. @Ramrocket
17. @Rambitious1 Group 2
18. @Warner4Prez Group 1/Group 3
19. @DaveFan'51 Group 1/Group 2
20. @Corbin Group 1/Group 2/Group 3
21. @RamsFlash80 Group 3/Group 2
22. @jsimcox Group 3
23. @PressureD41 Group 2/Group 3
24. @Gandalf Group 1
25. @Boston Ram Group 1/Group 2/Group 3
26. @Ramhusker Group 1/Group 2/Group 3
27. @shaunpinney Group 1/Group 2
28. @12intheBox Group 1/Group 2
29. @Merlin Group 2/Group 3
30. @A55VA6 Group 2/Group 3
31. @TK42-RAM Group 3/Group 2
32. @Jorgeh0605 Group 2/Group 3

Backup: @jrry32

Alan

Legend
shaunpinney champing at the bit:
I wonder which team I'll have this year so far I've had the Titans and the Bears last year - loved the process of going through another team's tapes and picking through their roster with a fine toothed comb to see where the needs are.
When @Ramrocket gets back to me with his group preferences today I'll give everybody a team shortly afterwards. Since I don't know which group will be going first I can't even guess yet. Sooooooooooooooooooooon though. :LOL:

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
When @Ramrocket gets back to me with his group preferences today I'll give everybody a team shortly afterwards. Since I don't know which group will be going first I can't even guess yet. Sooooooooooooooooooooon though. :LOL:

If there are any uneven numbers or whatever, you can put me in group 3 too. I can do any.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
200.gif

Alan

Legend
JackDRams willing to take one for the team:
If there are any uneven numbers or whatever, you can put me in group 3 too. I can do any.
We have 16 willing to take Group 1 (we need 10)
We have 21 willing to take Group 2 (we need 11)
We have 17 willing to take Group 3 (we need 11)
That's not counting @Ramrocket so we are all set in that regard.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000714737/article/2017-nfl-draft-order-and-needs-for-every-team
1. Cleveland Browns
2016 record:
1-15 (.549)
Top needs: QB, C/G, DB
Analysis: The Browns took a pass on Carson Wentz so now they are still looking for "that guy." Finding talent at cornerback or safety should help this defense immediately improve. The Browns should target an interior offensive lineman as well.

2. San Francisco 49ers
2016 record:
2-14 (.504)
Top needs: QB, OLB, OL
Analysis: So how do you shop for a team with needs across the board? Start with finding a QB to build around. The 49ers have to get better at guard and might need to start looking for another right tackle. Improving the pass rush off the edge could be a Round 1 focus.

3. Chicago Bears
2016 record:
3-13 (.521)
Top needs: QB, DB, OL
Analysis: Jay Cutler's dead cap money drops dramatically, which could lead to his departure. The Bears have spent their last couple of early round picks on their defensive front, but now they need to look to sharpen their secondary. I expect Chicago to bolster its OL depth.

4. Jacksonville Jaguars
2016 record:
3-13 (.527)
Top needs: OL, DT, S
Analysis: The Jags needs to improve their talent at both the tackle and guard spots up front. That is a strong necessity. Finding a disruptive, defensive force for the middle of the line should be an early priority, while landing a talented cover safety should also be considered.

5. Tennessee Titans (from Los Angeles Rams)
2016 record:
9-7 (.465)
Top needs: CB, WR, ILB
Analysis: The secondary has to be addressed fairly early in the draft for the Titans with the WR talent inside the division. Mariota caught fire in 2016, but still needs a trustworthy WR1. The Titans would greatly benefit from finding an inside linebacker who can cover on third downs.

6. New York Jets
2016 record:
5-11 (.518)
Top needs: QB, OLB, CB
Analysis: Sure, the Jets might believe Christian Hackenberg is their QB of the future, but adding competition seems like a smart thing to do. The Jets are talented up front, but they're still in need of an edge-bending rusher. Cornerback should be a high priority.

7. Los Angeles Chargers
2016 record:
5-11 (.543)
Top needs: OT, WR, QB
Analysis: The Chargers have serviceable tackles, but they've been going with "serviceable" for too long. It's time to commit. With another injury to Keenan Allen, Los Angeles could look to add another option at the position. Philip Rivers is locked in but the team is badly in need of an upgrade behind him on the depth chart.

8. Carolina Panthers
2016 record:
6-10 (.518)
Top needs: OT, DE, RB
Analysis: It seems like Carolina has needed an offensive tackle for at least the last three years and that is the case again. Upgrading the pass rush off the edge could be an early priority. Jonathan Stewart's cap hit and history of injuries could put RB in play.

9. Cincinnati Bengals
2016 record:
6-9-1 (.521)
Top needs: C, LB, Edge
Analysis: Cincinnati has to find a way to get its running game going, and that might mean looking for help on the interior offensive line. The Bengals could use some edge speed in order to challenge opposing tackles. Adding more athleticism at LB is a priority for the team.

10. Buffalo Bills
2016 record:
7-9 (.482)
Top needs: OT, WR, DB
Analysis: The Bills will likely be looking for a bookend right tackle after the season. They could lose WRs in free agency, so that position might need to be addressed. Whether it is another safety or cornerback, the Bills need one. Obviously, QB will be a need if Tyrod Taylor doesn't return.

11. New Orleans Saints
2016 record:
7-9 (.523)
Top needs: CB, S, LB
Analysis: In a division full of talented quarterbacks, finding help at both cornerback and safety is a must. Jairus Byrd has been a disappointment and will likely find competition waiting for him next year at safety. The Saints need depth at linebacker.

12. Cleveland Browns (from Philadelphia Eagles)
2016 record:
1-15 (.549)
Top needs: QB, C/G, DB
Analysis: Cleveland traded the No. 2 pick in the 2016 draft to the Eagles, who spent the selection on Carson Wentz. So, the Browns are still looking for their answer at QB. Strengthening the interior O-line should be on the to-do list. They should be looking to add help in the secondary, too.

13. Arizona Cardinals
2016 record:
7-8-1 (.463)
Top needs: ILB, QB, CB
Analysis: Adding a playmaking inside 'backer should be a priority. Carson Palmer, 37, saw his play take a downturn in 2016. The Cardinals have been feast or famine in the secondary, so it's important for them to find a potential starter at CB.

14 (tie). Indianapolis Colts
2016 record:
8-8 (.492)
Top needs: LB, OL, RB
Analysis: The Colts are getting old on the defensive side of the ball and could use a young, splashy playmaker at outside or inside linebacker. Protecting Andrew Luck is essential and the offensive line isn't doing that well enough. Finding another quality RB shouldn't be difficult in this draft.

14 (tie). Philadelphia Eagles (from Minnesota Vikings)
2016 record:
7-9 (.559)
Top needs: CB, WR, RB
Analysis: The Eagles dealt away a first-rounder to acquire the No. 2 overall pick in the 2016 draft, and got a first-rounder in the Sam Bradford deal before the season. Cornerback should be an area in which Philly is looking for an upgrade. The Eagles have some guys at wide receiver, but they need to find "the guy" for Wentz. Finding a quality RB1 shouldn't be difficult in the 2017 draft given the depth at the position.

16. Baltimore Ravens
2016 record:
8-8 (.498)
Top needs: Edge, S, WR
Analysis: The Ravens need to find their next great edge rusher at OLB. They lack quality depth at safety right now. The Ravens are relying on aging receivers and might look to bolster the unit.

17. Washington Redskins
2016 record:
8-7-1 (.516)
Top needs: DL, S, ILB
Analysis: A better defensive line will take some pressure off of Kirk Cousins (if he returns) and the offense. This appears to be a strong year for ILBs in the draft, which is a primary need here. An athletic, rangy safety improves the back end.

18. Tennessee Titans
2016 record:
9-7 (.465)
Top needs: CB, WR, ILB
Analysis: They need to bolster their secondary, and still could still use a true WR1. Adding a young talent at ILB who can cover on third downs should be a priority, too.

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
2016 record:
9-7 (.492)
Top needs: DL, S, WR
Analysis: Tampa Bay will need to find a high-impact player along the defensive line who can create mayhem on a regular basis. Safety is a need and could get early round consideration. While Mike Evans is a stud, Tampa Bay has to find another threat for Jameis Winston.

20. Denver Broncos
2016 record:
9-7 (.549)
Top needs: OT, G, TE
Analysis: Russell Okung doesn't look like a long-term option at left tackle, and the guard play hasn't been much better. Both spots need to be addressed. Denver's zone-rushing scheme is much more effective with a tight end who is an able blocker and this draft will offer those players.

21. Detroit Lions
2016 record:
9-7 (.475)
Top needs: Pass rusher, CB, LB
Analysis: Most of the Lions' top needs rest on the defensive side of the ball. Finding more pass rush from a defensive end or penetrating DT is a priority. The Lions also need a three-down LB who can cover in space. Adding competition at CB could be a Day 2 or 3 priority.

22. Miami Dolphins
2016 record:
10-6 (.455)
Top needs: G, DE, LB
Analysis: If Branden Albert and Mario Williams become cap casualties, Laremy Tunsil will move to LT, which opens up a guard spot, and defensive end will be in play via the draft. As Dolphins fans will no doubt tell you, the linebacker position must be addressed.

23. New York Giants
2016 record:
11-5 (.486)
Top needs: LB, RB, DT
Analysis: The play at linebacker wasn't what the Giants had hoped for. Paul Perkins might be a committee running back, but the Giants could use a hammer at that position. This team has never shied away from taking defensive tackles.

24. Oakland Raiders
2016 record:
12-4 (.504)
Top needs: MLB, DT, CB
Analysis: The Raiders had hoped that their offseason changes at cornerback would help shore up that deficiency, but it looks shaky at best. The Raiders have improved their offensive line greatly, and now they need a stout defensive tackle. Middle linebacker is a possibility.

25. Houston Texans
2016 record:
9-7 (.502)
Top needs: QB, ILB, OL
Analysis: Brock Osweiler has not proven that he's the answer at QB, and owner Bob McNair has said the team needs "much better" from the position. Finding a speedy ILB with cover talent is a need. They have fought through injuries at OL, but more competition is needed up front.

26. Seattle Seahawks
2016 record:
10-5-1 (.441)
Top needs: OT, DT, CB
Analysis: The first need should be left tackle and the second need should be right tackle. OT is that high of a priority. Adding talent at the hybrid DE/DT spot should be a possibility, as should finding another long-armed, physical playmaker at cornerback.

27. Kansas City Chiefs
2016 record:
12-4 (.508)
Top needs: ILB, DL, CB
Analysis: The Chiefs will need to find the next Derrick Johnson at an inside linebacker spot at some point, and adding depth at defensive line is a must. They need to find more help for the secondary, too.

28. Dallas Cowboys
2016 record:
13-3 (.471)
Top needs: DE, CB, TE
Analysis: Dallas gambled twice on character at the DE spot and might have lost both times. It's time to go get a pass rusher yet again. Dallas could stand to find a starter at cornerback. With Jason Witten in his mid-30s, adding an in-line TE could be a wise move.

29. Green Bay Packers
2016 record:
10-6 (.508)
Top needs: CB, LB, pass rusher
Analysis: The play of the Packers cornerbacks over the second half of the season put their issues in the spotlight. Finding an active tackle-maker at inside linebacker could be an early priority while a pass rusher will be in play throughout the offseason.

30. Pittsburgh Steelers
2016 record:
11-5 (.494)
Top needs: LB, TE, RB
Analysis: The outside linebacker spot has become a must for the Steelers. Pittsburgh needs to find RB depth behind Le'Veon Bell and a playmaking tight end who can stay on the field.

31. Atlanta Falcons
2016 record:
11-5 (.480)
Top needs: DT, CB, Edge
Analysis: If Atlanta wants to continue to build on its foundation of talent, it needs to keep finding pass rushers. A dominant defensive lineman would go a long way in shoring up the defense, as would more cover help in the secondary at either corner or safety.

32. New England Patriots
2016 record:
14-2 (.439)
Top needs: OT, LB, TE
Analysis: The Patriots will have to address offensive tackle at some point soon. With the trade of Jamie Collins, finding a playmaking LB could be in play. Rob Gronkowski is big, talented and dangerous, but he'll also be coming off of yet another surgery. Adding another TE would make sense.

Teams without a first-round pick
Los Angeles Rams
2016 record: 4-12 (.504)
Top needs: CB, G, WR
Analysis: The Rams have depth at the cornerback spot, but could use a true lockdown guy. Finding the right pieces along the offensive line to help open holes for Todd Gurley is a must. The search for a true WR1 to go with Jared Goff should be considered as well.
Note: The Rams traded their 2017 first-round pick to the Titans before the 2016 draft.

Will be picking 5th in the second round and will be in Group 1.

Minnesota Vikings
2016 record: 8-8 (.492)
Top needs: OT, RB, DT
Analysis: Addressing offensive tackle could be critical. The level of need at RB is dependent upon Adrian Peterson's future, and defensive-tackle depth is needed.
Note: The Vikings traded their 2017 first-round pick to the Eagles in a deal to acquire Sam Bradford.

Will be picking 14th in the second round and will be in Group 2.
I'm ready to pounce on you guy's, whatever team I get!! I just hope it's not a Team I Hate!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm ready to pounce on you guy's, whatever team I get!! I just hope it's not a Team I Hate!

If it's a team you hate, just draft the shittiest players for them. It's what I would do. :p ;)

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
If it's a team you hate, just draft the shittiest players for them. It's what I would do. :p ;)
Your right, But it wouldn't be Fair to the competition to not do my best! Even IF I where picking for the Cheatriots:puke:Cow-Pie's:puke:or the 49ers:shocking::puke::puke:

Last edited:

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Your right, But it wouldn't be Fair to the competition to not do my best! Even IF I where picking for the Cheatriots:puke:Cow-Pie's:puke:or the 49ers:shocking::puke::puke:

I got the 9ers last year lol and made phenomenal picks for them. I'd laugh if I got them again and got to continue the rebuild.

Alan

Legend
OK, all the preferences are in and my daughter picked the number 3 so the draft order will be Group 3 then Group 2 then Group 1. I made a mistake earlier when I said that Group 1 will pick the first 11 in the draft as they will be picking the first 10 in the draft. Group 2 and Group 3 will be picking 11 each. I will get back to you guys in the next hour or so with your teams. Stay tuned.
Tentative group list update:
1. @JackDRams Group 1/Group 2
2. @OldSchool Group 1/Group 2/Group 3
3. @Mojo Ram Group 1/Group 2/Group 3

4. @Memento Group 1/Group 2/Group 3
5. @Tron Group 2/Group 3
6. @den-the-coach Group 1/Group 2
7. @Riverumbbq Group 1/Group 2
8. @T-REX Group 1/Group 3
9. @TheDYVKX Group 3/Group 2
10. @Rams Until I Die Group 2/Group 3
11. @Legatron4 Group 3
12. @ramsplaya16 Group 1
13. @Barrison Group 3
14. @SierraRam Group 3
15. @Ramrasta Group 3
16. @Ramrocket Group 3
17. @Rambitious1 Group 2
18. @Warner4Prez Group 1/Group 3
19. @DaveFan'51 Group 1/Group 2
20. @Corbin Group 1/Group 2/Group 3
21. @RamsFlash80 Group 3/Group 2
22. @jsimcox Group 3
23. @PressureD41 Group 2/Group 3
24. @Gandalf Group 1
25. @Boston Ram Group 1/Group 2/Group 3
26. @Ramhusker Group 1/Group 2/Group 3
27. @shaunpinney Group 1/Group 2
28. @12intheBox Group 1/Group 2
29. @Merlin Group 2/Group 3
30. @A55VA6 Group 2/Group 3
31. @TK42-RAM Group 3/Group 2
32. @Jorgeh0605 Group 2/Group 3

Backup: @jrry32

Last edited:

Alan

Legend
Group 1:

Gandalf

ramsplaya16

DaveFan'51

JackDRams

T-REX

Warner4Prez

Mojo Ram

den-the-coach

Riverumbbq

Shaunpinney

Group 2:

Rambitious1

Tron

Merlin

A55VA6

Jorgeh0605

PressureD41

12intheBox

Corbin

TheDYVKX

Ramhusker

Rams Until I Die

Group 3:

Memento

OldSchool

Legatron4

Barrison

SierraRam

Ramrasta

Ramrocket

RamsFlash80

jsimcox

TK42-RAM

Boston Ram

Alan

Legend
Here's the good/bad news brothers:

Group 3:

@Memento Jacksonville

@OldSchool Cincinnati

@Legatron4 Buffalo

@Barrison Chicago

@SierraRam Los Angeles Chargers

@Ramrasta NY Jets

@Ramrocket Cleveland

@RamsFlash80 LA Rams

@jsimcox Carolina

@TK42-RAM San Francisco

@Boston Ram Philadelphia

Group 1:

@Gandalf Baltimore

@ramsplaya16 Arizona

@DaveFan'51 Minnesota

@JackDRams Detroit

@T-REX Tampa Bay

@Warner4Prez Tennessee

@Mojo Ram Denver

@den-the-coach Indianapolis

@Riverumbbq Washington

@shaunpinney New Orleans

Group 2:

@Rambitious1 Green Bay

@Tron Dallas

@Merlin Atlanta

@A55VA6 Seattle

@Jorgeh0605 Oakland

@PressureD41 New England

@12intheBox Kansas City

@Corbin NY Giants

@TheDYVKX Miami

@Ramhusker Houston

@Rams Until I Die Pittsburgh

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Okay. Jacksonville works.

Alan

Legend
Memento with a Q:
So that means...I have the Browns?
That was just the random order I put down names in your group. You have Jacksonville.