2016-Rams trade up to #1 (old thread)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

KDS73

Rookie
Hes already sold tickets and generated hype take your salt back to the basement please.

Again, when has selling the farm like this ever worked? Especially for a team that's nowhere close to competing for a Super Bowl. I could understand giving up that much if there was Manning or Luck type of talent in this draft. But for Wentz/Goff? :poop:

Psycho_X

Legend
I can't wait till Wentz sits on the bench for the first 8 games because he's "not ready" and we go 3-5 and then Wentz comes in the second half and goes 5-3 and his arm gets ripped off in the 4th quarter of game 16.

Ram Man

Rookie
I can't wait till Wentz sits on the bench for the first 8 games because he's "not ready" and we go 3-5 and then Wentz comes in the second half and goes 5-3 and his arm gets ripped off in the 4th quarter of game 16.

Unless Goff/Wentz are injured, there is 0 chance they will sit the first 8 games of the season for the Rams. There will be way too much pressure to play the #1 pick quickly.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Fuckin A
giphy.gif

Ram Man

Rookie

Looks like he did not. My prediction is that Goff/Wentz will be forced to play too early by the Rams because of their status as the #1 pick.

Psycho_X

Legend
Unless Goff/Wentz are injured, there is 0 chance they will sit the first 8 games of the season for the Rams. There will be way too much pressure to play the #1 pick quickly.

Well I was mostly joking with a side of "wouldn't be surprised if".

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Again, when has selling the farm like this ever worked? Especially for a team that's nowhere close to competing for a Super Bowl. I could understand giving up that much if there was Manning or Luck type of talent in this draft. But for Wentz/Goff? :poop:
Great we get it you don't like the options or trading up. We went 4-2 in the toughest division won 7 games in the NFL all without having a QB. I realize you know better than the Rams front office who will be a good player. I guess we should fire our front office and put a bunch of guys on ROD in their place with you leading them.

The level of hubris around here today is just amazing. The Rams finally will get their franchise QB, how's the time to get on the hype train or sit in the basement pouting.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Well I was mostly joking with a side of "wouldn't be surprised if".
Wasn't a joke and wasn't funny.

tempests

Hall of Fame

Even if there was a farm, we didn't sell it. Brockers, Ogletree, Austin, TJ, Gaines, GRob, Havenstein, Gurley, Donald, Quinn are all still here. Along with our no. 1 overall pic, those guys are our future.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I see this as an investment in 2017. I don't want to rush the kid. Remember, he's got the physical skills but did not see much in terms of anything more than basic defenses when playing at North Dakota State. I don't think he starts the season.

I think there's a shot he ends it though.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Oh and BTW this would be a GREAT time to see that Fisher pic where he's flippin everyone off! :rolllaugh:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That Giants comparison is not even close.

Manning had a pedigree on another level of either Goff/Wentz, competed at the highest level, neither of these QBs would even be considered in the same universe as him as a prospect. 2004 was one of the greatest QB draft classes ever.

Not to mention what they paid for Manning was CONSIDERABLY less. They gave up a 3rd in 2004, a 1st in 2005 and a 5th in 2005. Not 1 first, two seconds and two thirds
They moved 3 spots to get Eli instead of Rivers. Tell me Rivers wouldn't have been successful in NY??
Rams are drafting at 15, weren't getting a whiff of this guy

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The biggest loser in this ?

Whoever we don't take ..(be it Goff or Wentz )

They have to go to Cleveland