2016-Rams trade up to #1 (old thread)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

KDS73

Rookie
The level of hubris around here today is just amazing. The Rams finally will get their franchise QB, how's the time to get on the hype train or sit in the basement pouting.

So now Wentz/Goff are already franchise qb's? Yeah, ok. :rolllaugh:

So naive.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Are you sure the Giants gave up more in the Eli Manning trade? Is it possible that your statement is nonsense?
They gave up bunch of picks for a QB that was arguably no better than who they traded. They had Rivers
No nonsense

Ram Man

Rookie
The Rams finally will get their franchise QB, how's the time to get on the hype train or sit in the basement pouting.

I am......inconsolable about this move.:cry:

I just wanted to see them have some success THIS YEAR. So tired of waiting and waiting.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
Just to be safe, the Rams should give the scraps remaining from this years draft--the rest of next years pick, and Nick Foles, to the Browns for that #2 pick. That way they pick Wentz AND Goff and KNOW they got the right guy.

Unless--of course--Lynch is the guy.

Damn this draft!

WestCoastRam

Legend
@OldSchool, give me a second to get on the hype train. I want to be bitter-ish for a day. I'll support our guy like you wouldn't believe but I have to spend some time getting there in my head.

I'd like to think I'm even-keel so I don't think trading this amount of picks is the end of the world, I just didn't hold the belief (and yes, it is a belief because last time I checked my job isn't GM or scout and neither is anyone else's on here) that this was the right move or that any QB in this draft is ultimately franchise QB worthy...

... that being said, it will be exciting to watch the kid grow as a QB!

As someone else on here put it beautifully and succinctly, "I'm excited and disappointed!"

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
My first post since the Rams left St. Louis.

All I can say is "wow". Rams need a QB, now they are in a position to get one. Perfect trade for once in a lifetime player? No. But it's bold and the Rams needed a bold move to take the team to the next level. With KOBE retiring, L.A. could be looking for a new superstar. Presuming they take Wentz, he should be ready for a white hot spotlight.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
No matter how you feel about this major turn of events, remember to treat each other with respect. I have already deleted several remarks in this thread because they crossed the line.

200.gif

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Now I hope P. Lynch is a total bust. We could have had him for ***much*** less.
He sucks. Rams know it too.

Rams did what they had to do. Shit or get off the pot. No more backup QB bullshit. I called this move(along with a few others) and for you guys crying about a move like this crippling your franchise...Washington has made the playoffs twice since selling the farm for one guy....who isn't even on their team anymore.

The Rams will find targets for their QB to throw too. They've excelled in UDFA and will now have a legit pair of offensive players to build around. It's alot EASIER to put targets around a QB than it is to put targets around a backup-caliber QB.

Rejoice!
ffya.gif

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I am......inconsolable about this move.:cry:

I just wanted to see them have some success THIS YEAR. So tired of waiting and waiting.

But what's changed?
Keenum will still be on the roster - and the roster is looking the same today as it did yesterday except for the fact we will be adding our franchise QB (that we don't have)
So -- What is taking away the potential to succeed this year? Future picks?
Or do you mean one of the second rounders or both would be the difference makers this year?
I don't get your point...
And if you want to win now why are you upset about what we gave up in "future" picks?

I don't understand your POV

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
If he plays it may be because of his status as the #1 pick and not because he is ready ... If Goff/Wentz play terribly for the Rams in their 1st season ... I just wanted to see them have some success THIS YEAR. So tired of waiting and waiting.
If the #1 pick plays terribly this season it will still be way better than the Case-Keenum-being-benched-for-Foles-who-gets-benched-for-Keenum-again-wondering-when-Mannion will-get-a-chance shitshow that 2016 was shaping up to be...

So I don't get why you would be upset about this year. It's the long term value of losing so many picks that is understandable to worry about. As far as this year, the QB play was by definition already as bad as can possibly be so this is guaranteed an improvement, even if the pick struggles with typical rookie growing pains.

So hopefully you can cheer up, the great defense and everything else is the same, just now there's at least a chance for a decent QB!

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
WTH difference does it make what day or thread I posted that?? And how does it affect you?

What I find funny is that I biffed the spelling of "spelling" while calling someone out for.....spelling. I promise, that was only a typo however.....

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Goff= Theisman/Alex Smith/Teddy Bridgewater type. Very smart, atheletic, but tiny arm, and lots of 7-8 yarders.
Wentz= Jim Everett with brains and toughness

Wentz, as compared to Bradford in college, looks like a great 2nd round draft pick, and Goff looks like a great back up. Of course I know nothing
about drafting QBs.
Wentz has to be the pick....

IF they choose Goff, after 42 years of Rams, I have to pick re-think some things.