Who Will Be Next Rams Starting Center?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

btfd16

Rookie
Well... that's not exactly true.

Apparently, you must not have spent much time in the Boob Thread. There are certain distinguished places here at ROD where actual naked ta tas are clearly posted and honored. Check there for confirmation.

Now... back to the center talk.......
THERE'S A BOOBS THREAD?!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I’ve seen about 50 prospects could be first round picks so never rul out a player being available at our pick. I’m wagering we trade down as well.
Exactly. Every guy who rises someone falls. All these guys we have a need for can't rise.

If OTs and OLBs go off fast then we're looking at ILBs, Corners, and Center. If LBs see a run then maybe we get a LT of the future. All I care about is hitting on that pick. Get a difference maker. If it's a guy who needs a redshirt so be it but hopefully we get an impact starter.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It almost feels like the Rams are doing opposite of that though. Chiefs signed Blythe for an extremely cheap contract which we could have easily afforded to allow him to hold the spot down for a rookie to develop or just beat him out for. Signing Reiter is essentially a lateral move that we obviously could have made by now but haven't. I'm not so sure the Rams are signing anyone else at this moment which is a weird approach if it holds true. They seem to have a plan none of us know about.
Obviously Blythe is not appreciably better than what their plan is. So why piss away 4M or whatever on a guy who you are phasing out.

Same rule applies to Reiter. He would make you feel better but the Rams are more concerned with building a roster than making 100% of the fan base happy.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Obviously Blythe is not appreciably better than what their plan is. So why piss away 4M or whatever on a guy who you are phasing out.

Same rule applies to Reiter. He would make you feel better but the Rams are more concerned with building a roster than making 100% of the fan base happy.

Screenshot_20210331-113243_Chrome.jpg

Well as you can see, we wouldn't have wasted anywhere near what you are talking about money wise which is why I'm saying they obviously don't care to address the situation as that is as low of a contract you'll ever see for someone that could have spot started. I was and am happy they didn't resign him but admit I'm nervous about their plan since we are wandering into the unknown at that spot with a new QB we just traded a boatload of picks for. I might also add for what the Chiefs paid him, I actually wouldn't have been mad to keep him as insurance. I'm sure the plan will be revealed during the draft. I just hope it works but it's definitely a risk or leap of faith the Rams are taking. Gonna make the draft that much more interesting.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Re: the replacement Snead commented on how you don't want to go with an inexperienced guy due to the calls and importance of the position. But I think that was smoke screen. Because the change at QB lessens the need of the pivot making the calls. Whoever it is will have a vet overlooking what he's calling.
Boom!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
View attachment 44666
Well as you can see, we wouldn't have wasted anywhere near what you are talking about money wise which is why I'm saying they obviously don't care to address the situation as that is as low of a contract you'll ever see for someone that could have spot started. I was and am happy they didn't resign him but admit I'm nervous about their plan since we are wandering into the unknown at that spot with a new QB we just traded a boatload of picks for. I might also add for what the Chiefs paid him, I actually wouldn't have been mad to keep him as insurance. I'm sure the plan will be revealed during the draft. I just hope it works but it's definitely a risk or leap of faith the Rams are taking. Gonna make the draft that much more interesting.
Doesn't surprise me. Figured he'd get more on the market but apparently the Chiefs watch film and don't read PFF.

Once again. Watch some games dude. Get a good eyeful of Blythe in action and you'll understand. That's all I can tell you. Not trying to be a jerk here.

MachS

Hall of Fame
As to us sitting at 57 with our dick in our hand you are assuming that the Rams only like the centers you like. Also there are going to be other positions of need there who are probably better prospects than Humphrey. IMO. Would you be upset if they finally solve ILB with a stud like Jamin Davis? I would be too busy doing backflips.

Lastly they may have planned all along to go with Anchrum or Corbs. If that's the case then going with a Myers, Menet, or Jackson midrounds is fine and should round out a nice competition.

Im with you, thats the freesom I want us to have heading into the draft. To draft BPA at 57. Which is why I wanted Blythe for backup money. Hopefully we grab Reiter for around the same amount and let them all battle it out. I think there will be studs at 57 especially on defense. Wouldn't surprise me at all to go ILB or EDGE and then grab our center in the 3rd. My only fear is if we dont sign Reiter or have a vet presence, we will be more likely to reach for a center at 57 or over-draft one when there are better players available.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Doesn't surprise me. Figured he'd get more on the market but apparently the Chiefs watch film and don't read PFF.

Once again. Watch some games dude. Get a good eyeful of Blythe in action and you'll understand. That's all I can tell you. Not trying to be a jerk here.
Oh trust me, I understand. I've seen him in action. If you look at my posting history, I was all for not signing Blythe on multiple posts. The only thing is I'm nervous about possibly relying on a rookie to be our starting center or an unproven unknown. Although I give Blythe plenty of shit, that's a cheap ass and affordable contract for depth if they had decided to go that route, but they didn't and I'm ok with that. Don't get it twisted where I'm saying we should have absolutely signed him because I get the Rams knowing what he is and just wanting to move on. I'll give the FO the benefit of the doubt but still be nervous regardless and hope for the best.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
View attachment 44666

Maybe the real reason that you, I and most other members here are nervous about the Rams plan at center is because they have had a big hole at the position and never seem to prioritize it and get it fixed.

And think of this. Just say Evans is a better guard than Blythe is a center. If Corbett could play center then why not Corbett at Center and Evans at Right guard last year? Is Evans that bad? This is why I think Anchrumor a rookie are the most likely options at Center.

But essentially I think they could have upgraded the Oline last year by using Blythe as the backup and picking from a combination of two of Anchrum, Corbett, Evans.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Im with you, thats the freesom I want us to have heading into the draft. To draft BPA at 57. Which is why I wanted Blythe for backup money. Hopefully we grab Reiter for around the same amount and let them all battle it out. I think there will be studs at 57 especially on defense. Wouldn't surprise me at all to go ILB or EDGE and then grab our center in the 3rd. My only fear is if we dont sign Reiter or have a vet presence, we will be more likely to reach for a center at 57 or over-draft one when there are better players available.

It’s not as if the Rams have no possibilities at Center going into the draft. They may already be confident that a player on the roster can take over there. The attention paid to Meinerz could be a ruse to make teams think they want a center badly.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
It’s not as if the Rams have no possibilities at Center going into the draft. They may already be confident that a player on the roster can take over there. The attention paid to Meinerz could be a ruse to make teams think they want a center badly.
Very true. At this point, I have no idea what the plan is. Makes me nervous but also excited to see what goes down. Should make for some interesting fodder lol