Who to cut from the team

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jap

Legend
I definitely agree he should be kept and who knows this was basically his 2nd year so next year he should be full go

Yep! I am not sure EJ has been all the way back from that crazy injury he suffered last year. He is so technically sound when he is fully healthy, you want to give him every chance to get back to where he was and perhaps be even better. Jenks was hands down our best CB when he was here. Tru has his moments, but he tends to get nicked up a lot too.

jap

Legend
Mark Barron. I don't see him fitting in whatever system the new staff implements, and cutting him will save $7 mil against the cap if I'm reading Spotrac.com correctly.

Mark Barron, Lance Kendricks and Tre Mason alone save us around $12 mil, for a total near $60? mil free? But I may be cap illiterate.

There is a chance the new regime would seriously consider retaining Greg Williams as DC, which would make retaining Mark a priority for the defense.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
There is a chance the new regime would seriously consider retaining Greg Williams as DC, which would make retaining Mark a priority for the defense.

He's toast of Payton comes here. Probably toast regardless... I hope.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Britt cost our rookie QB big time. He just doesn't seem like a go to guy in crunch time. And if he is one of your leaders....well remember him crashing his suped up cart. He's an Idiot.
We don't need to do that here.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@Florida_Ram

ahahahahahahahahahaahahah! You're ticked like me...LUV IT!

I don't know what to say? What Tavon are you watching? You know how hard it is to be a wr and average less than 10 yards per catch?
Tavon should be Tyreek Hill from KC, and Taylor Gabriel of Atl...They were drafted were Tavon should have been...and they're better players( WAY BETTER RECEIVERS). Right now...that's a shame. And we extended this type of play. That's asinine. It's the primary reason I believe Demoff & Snead are clueless. Or, they've been sent here to undermine the Rams future....Same with the Goff pick...that Saffold contract...I could go on and on...Hell, after what Quinn's been doing, I'd stop listening to any fool talking contract extensions for all but the elites...and most of those should ONLY BE DEFENSIVE PLAYERS. and we let Jenkins walk?????? Hell, by these examples, we should have kept McLeod too. I didn't dislike McLeod, just figured we could easily replace him...and we did.

You put any of those players on this team and they will perform worst then Tavon. Put Tavon on those teams and its over. Tavon playing next to Julio would be amazing with Matt Ryan throwing him the ball. Tavon is undervalued from this fanbase because of where he was drafted but he can be a 12 touchdown guy every year running receiving punt returns. Thats Tavon value. So no i dont think either 1 of them are better players Gabriel is nice i like him but he is also playing next to the best receiver in the game

Zero

Pro Bowler
Are you talking about building an offense around Tavon?
No.I just think he requires a solid cast
around him to be as affective as he can.
He can't carry a receiving group like Bruce
pre Faulk

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah he seems like the typical fisher guy. But it's more about the overhaul to me. Why pay britt 6 million when he's on the downside and we are rebuilding? May as well get guys like jeffery or Baldwin.

How is britt on the downside?? Jeffrey is going to want 13 million at least and hopefully we dont do that deal.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, I guess we'll see.

The point I was making is that Dante Hall was a super fast gadget player just like Tavon, and that neither would be able to become the types of players Steve Smith and DeSean Jackson were (are), no matter how they were utilized or who was designing their plays. Sometimes you just are what you are. Don't get me wrong, I like Tavon's playmaking ability, but I think this team (and the QB) would benefit more from a more traditional receiver with more range and better route running abilities. It's too easy to take away a deep threat in the NFL. Chris Givens is a pretty good example of that.

Tavon was never drafted to be the typical number 1 receiver. I dont even look at austin as a receiver i look at him as an offensive weapon he scores everywhere on the field not too many guys in the game now can say that

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
Very ,very interesting X.Who, in your opinion displays
this type behavior? and do you think it's a product of the
previous staff?Or are we simply drafting the wrong personalities?
Correction of this mind set has got to be Job #1 with the new staff.
The latter

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
No.I just think he requires a solid cast
around him to be as affective as he can.
He can't carry a receiving group like Bruce
pre Faulk
Yeah, he definitely needs another high quality receiver to take the pressure off. I'm reminded of how good Bruce was since his 2nd year in the league, but the team didn't do anything until they added Holt and a legit receiving option out of the backfield in Faulk. So, yeah, no one player can do it all himself. I'm not averse to keeping Tavon (I never said we should cut him), but his contract has made it very difficult to add talent around him unless it's rookies on their first contract.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If by "best" you mean the epitome of inconsistency, I agree.

Lol i rather have that then what we had this year. The guy gave up 2 plays a year name 1 corner that doesnt even the best but NO corner have more touchdowns then Jenkins since he been in the league and even when he was with the Rams patrick peterson gave up more touchdowns then Jenkins almost every year but he was supposed to been one of the best in the league.. there should be no denying the impact Jenkins had on this defense after this year

Zero

Pro Bowler
Yeah, he definitely needs another high quality receiver to take the pressure off. I'm reminded of how good Bruce was since his 2nd year in the league, but the team didn't do anything until they added Holt and a legit receiving option out of the backfield in Faulk. So, yeah, no one player can do it all himself. I'm not averse to keeping Tavon (I never said we should cut him), but his contract has made it very difficult to add talent around him unless it's rookies on their first contract.
Looking back.I think we bought really nice wheels
for a car that won't start.You know?
lol.Ike was the shit wasn't he.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Looking back.I think we bought really nice wheels
for a car that won't start.You know?
lol.Ike was the crap wasn't he.
The Reverend Ike will always be my favorite Ram.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Tavon is undervalued from this fanbase because of where he was drafted but he can be a 12 touchdown guy every year running receiving punt returns. Thats Tavon value. So no i dont think either 1 of them are better players Gabriel is nice i like him but he is also playing next to the best receiver in the game
Hmmmm...
One of our best positional coaches is Fassell, you'd agree? Yet, I can't think of a return TD...I still maintain from what I've seen, BOTH catch the ball better than Tavon. Both appear just as fast. Both seem to be able to break tackles better. Both were either undrafted or cut from prior teams....Both make considerably less. 12 TDs seem like an aberration rather than the norm for what has turned into a "gadget" player. Like I've said, Tavon is a hell of a RB....but receiver, weapon, just get him the ball? this was his best season in my opinion, yet he may have factored into winning ONE game. I won't even go into Tavon's biggest limitations, his inability to consistently win in one on one matchups and get open.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
That's where we differ. I don't care what they do in the offseason, or during a bye week, or anything like that. But clowning in the locker room after a loss? Yeah, no thanks. Clowing around on the sidelines during a loss? Again, no thanks. I saw an instagram of the receivers immediately after a loss where they were posing and joking around with Stedman's kid, and off in the distance you can see Donald sitting by himself just stewing in his own juices. All kinds of ticked off. That's the appropriate response in that situation. Not taking selfies and acting as though everything's great.

We need a "hell yeah" button.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler

He was amazing even before the GSOT happened. At his peak he was probably the 2nd best WR only behind the GOAT Rice at the time. Thing is Bruce didn't have Steve Young throwing him the ball. I think only us Rams fans appreciated how great he was. Truly one of the most underrated players all time. Not to mention a complete class act.