What a difference commentators make

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Have to agree. Watched the game on NFL Game Pass and had to mute the commentary. Could just picture a wrinkled face in the booth in a bathrobe with a scotch and a cigarette.

I ended up closing Game Pass and going with the live stream provided in the game thread. The Raiders broadcast was horrendous.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
images

you messing with me!?

Where's that old dude with the shotguns when you need him?

Also, you don't have any photos of yourself within the last decade?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I have nothing against her either and agree she did a decent job announcing the game from the little I heard of her. Just a little surprised she was able to land a speaking job with her voice being what it is. .

IMO, I don't think her voice is that bad more monotone than anything else, but she comes off well prepared and I have yet to catch her with a incorrect fact. Joe Buck's voice is amazing and he's an ass, so a voice does not a broadcaster always make, but it sure does help.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
I listened to the Raiders telecast and I only came away annoyed with Millen. Seriously, what was wrong about her voice other than it was "her" voice? Colts, Chiefs, Cardinals, and Seahawks home commentators' voices are more enjoyable for you???

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Here is a sample. IMHO she is not bad calling the game.... just different/weird sounding kind of voice
I've heard her b4...I thought her name was Dora Burke? She's on the NBA telecasts (yea, old man description)....not annoyed in the least...I used to be pissed at the dude from St. Louis....that did the Cards versus Dodgers...Son of a famous announcer...what's his name? Raiders used to have some super homer....can't remember his name either...LOL Old man stuff there too

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Don't have high expectations for preseason commentators in general, they're basically echo chambers for their respective teams. They'll provide complementary commentary here and there for opposing teams but bias is a given. I'll never get over how funny Bernie Kosar's rants about Kellen Clemens was though.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I had the feed w/ the Rams team. I enjoyed it very much as anytime Marshall Faulk is calling a game, his knowledge base is overflowing.....but just listening to her on the highlights (the gal on the "normal" feed......), was not anywhere near the Rams' crew.

A55VA6

Legend
I had to listen to that chick and my god she was annoying. Millen didn't even know what he was talking about half the time.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
The other Rams commentator (not Faulk) called Troy Hill, Tye Hill, on one play before correcting himself. That's when I knew our guys are really down with the team

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Have to agree. Watched the game on NFL Game Pass and had to mute the commentary. Could just picture a wrinkled face in the booth in a bathrobe with a scotch and a cigarette.

RS477859_20160803_JF2_5246-e1470422921368-310x310.jpg

She's not bad at all.

Now Doris Burke, on the other hand. Yeesh. She's the worst female announcer.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I listened to the Raiders telecast and I only came away annoyed with Millen. Seriously, what was wrong about her voice other than it was "her" voice? Colts, Chiefs, Cardinals, and Seahawks home commentators' voices are more enjoyable for you???

Ah there we go, I was waiting on someone to make it a female thing.

It's simply her fucking tone sucks. Her voice is not made to be heard on tv or radio. Not for this game.

Some like Kay Adams would be good, someone with just a pleasant voice is all I ask.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'll never get over how funny Bernie Kosar's rants about Kellen Clemens was though.
Bernie was funny....man I miss preseason games with the local reporters/commentators.

And for those that don't know...Bernie was a real baller...limited skills....but got er DONE! Battled tooth and nail with Elway, Marino....Kelly....all of them...Boomer...Cleveland was the real deal back then....Marty Schotty was the real deal.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
She sounded like she was doing a really bad impression of Bob Uecker.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Kind of like...
b654ab75571f9243bf3b9645a4034747.gif

??

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I watched with the Rams' broadcast. Then i went back for highlights and yeah that voice WAS BRUTAL.